Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Jostler

Poking the Bear

227 posts in this topic

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 9:16 AM, Jostler said:

2 Battalions of the 82nd Airborne just got a deployment alert.  Word is they're scheduled to head for Kuwait as a stand by/reserve force for use in Iraq or Syria if developments  on the ground prove a need for them.

That's two "specialized" units involved now.  75th Rangers and now 82nd Airborne.

Lets see how long it takes before we hear of 2nd BCT, 1st Armored Division being deployed from Fort Bliss.  I suspect it may be their turn in the barrel soon.

Edit:  Call me paranoid but right after I posted this I tried to go to the Ft. Bragg website and got this:

somebody go try that link and see if you get the warning :)

www.bragg.army.mil

And by the way, eff you NSA.

Edit II:  same warning on this one too:

https://www.bragg.army.mil/index.php/units-tenants/82nd-airborne-division

Got this. Copy and pasting from a little box in the middle of my screen too. Like it was wanting to know if I wanted to allow something or not, those type little boxes in the middle of your screen. Weird. It's a going on down there. The snakes are gonna be burnt out. LOL Thank you Jostler. You are a wealth of information on Syria. What do you see in the future? You are the one waiting that side. I go to military sites too. But I don't think to go to the base sites. LOL I go to the news. ;) Never been military and you have right? If you are not military or ex, you have military on the mind. LOL I think news, news, not troop moves. Great info. Thank you. :) This is what your link told me. In a little box lol I did delete my IP addy and server IP. I don't know if that's sensitive stuff so I blacked it out and replaced it with zeros. Paranoid ole me lol I am using internet explorer right now. the little E thingie, the .gov bug one right now too. Easy to find. No hiding right now.

Gateway Error

An error occurred attempting to communicate with an HTTP or SOCKS gateway.
The gateway may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.
Your IP Address: 00.000.000.000
Your Computer Name:
Your Request: http://www.bragg.army.mil/
TimeStamp: 03/18/2017 at 19:44:07 GMT
Server IP: 000.00.00.00

11 minutes ago, sybdragon said:

Got this. Copy and pasting from a little box in the middle of my screen too. Like it was wanting to know if I wanted to allow something or not, those type little boxes in the middle of your screen. Weird. It's a going on down there. The snakes are gonna be burnt out. LOL Thank you Jostler. You are a wealth of information on Syria. What do you see in the future? You are the one waiting that side. I go to military sites too. But I don't think to go to the base sites. LOL I go to the news. ;) Never been military and you have right? If you are not military or ex, you have military on the mind. LOL I think news, news, not troop moves. Great info. Thank you. :) This is what your link told me. In a little box lol I did delete my IP addy and server IP. I don't know if that's sensitive stuff so I blacked it out and replaced it with zeros. Paranoid ole me lol I am using internet explorer right now. the little E thingie, the .gov bug one right now too. Easy to find. No hiding right now.

Gateway Error

An error occurred attempting to communicate with an HTTP or SOCKS gateway.
The gateway may be temporarily unavailable, or there could be a network problem.
Your IP Address: 00.000.000.000
Your Computer Name:
Your Request: http://www.bragg.army.mil/
TimeStamp: 03/18/2017 at 19:44:07 GMT
Server IP: 000.00.00.00

Yes I am a retired soldier.  I like to check base websites because I know where the little messages to those on leave (being recalled) and base status alerts are usually found.  It's not like they're really hidden, they're just not obvious  to those who weren't taught to look for them. 

I focus on troop moves because they're very difficult to hide these days. 

Cobo started a thread on the  North Korea situation not  long ago and I hope to see others reporting on that situation more.  Cobo and you  have very likely got a lot more insight into that region than I do, simply because I have not made the same amount of time to thoroughly understand the various players, their motives and I'm even a lot less familiar with the geography.  All the time I have is usually spent focused on the ME situation.  There I have studied enough to feel I have an understanding of players and enough info to speculate on motives.

But  I'd be the last to say it's the only area of importance these days.

I have read much of what you've written, and I do disagree in one minor point.  I do still believe Asia is of secondary importance to the Middle East, but a lot of that comes from reliance on a Biblically based conviction that the Middle East in general and Israel in particular will be central to events that  will unfold from here.

But, that doesn't devalue your perspectives either.  China is a player integrated fully into this picture and no matter where the storm kicks off first it's almost certain all the other  flashpoints will get drawn in whether the flash begins in Europe, Asia or the Middle East.

I  hope you and Cobo and anyone else that has insight anywhere will continue  to share liberally :)

I'm best informed about Army stuff....Cobo has a much better handle on Navy stuff.   The value is in having so many people with different perspectives and areas of expertise. 

Differences of opinion and emphasis are the very  thing that trigger profitable information sharing and analysis.   I've shared some opinions contrary to Cobo's posts from time to time but I seek his posts out (and yours) because I value them. 

Dive in here any  time :) 

1 person likes this

I don't know what to think of those funky site certificates on Fort Bragg's web page.  I haven't got enough digital chutzpah to push past them because I'm not savvy enough to know how to protect myself if something nefarious is going on.  I still haven't managed a peek at Fort Bragg's page.  I still get the warnings.

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 4:30 PM, Jostler said:

More slow, incremental progress.  It's hard to tell how much, but it at least seems safe to say the  SAA is not experiencing  major setbacks lately.

And a more in depth analysis of the overall situation...worth listening to.   Erdogan will continue to be trouble for any long term solutions, and the insane mutually exclusive parts of  US diplomatic positions  are not contributing  to  long term solutions either.   Our stated goal of wiping  out  the (now designated) terrorist forces being armed and supported by Saudi/Quatari arms and money doesn't fit with  the stated intention of "strengthening ties with  Saudi Arabia".

There is so much here. You are good. :)  The Saudi's are no longer funding these people. And the USA paid them all a visit. There are a lot of things going on under the radar. The outer scene show seems to be pushing Russia on stuff along their border. And it looks like we are not getting along. Then you have us cleaning out the snakes together. The USA is doing things for Russia but it's not said as that, it's worded differently. And then I found this article today. I think that there is a whole lot going on with Russia that is not seen and what we are seeing is fluff and distraction on most of the differences. I could be wrong but I am looking into Russia today and see what else I see. I mean if you think about this and not look at any other area of dispute. The USA and Russia are working together and getting along famously. Trump wants Putin to be his friend and Putin wants to be his friend. It's the 'deep state' that is creating problems. The Russians have been our enemy since I can remember and I am 54. Long time now that it's like historical to me in my lifetime. Russia has always been the enemy in my lifetime. But before my life, Russia was not always our enemy. In fact, Russia was one of the greatest friends of the USA at one time. All history and I hear Putin loves history.

I think that we will see Russia and the USA get together. This is a very touchy situation and there are a lot of people working against it. So they can not do this out in the open. These will be all under the radar and quietly done. We are going to have to read between the lines a lot on this relationship for a little while I think. Until Trump runs out the traitors anyway. ;) 

Someone does NOT want the USA and Russia to be friends. http://circa.com/politics/alfa-bank-in-russia-said-donald-trump-computer-connections-may-have-been-hacker-hoax

And if the American people look at Russia as the enemy, their opinions must be changed before Trump just declares Russia our best buddy. lol

This is a fact. Syria was a proxy. A dog on a lease. Who was holding that lease? Now the USA and Russia are in that country working together to clean it out of snakes. So the proxy war is over. And when the last proxy war was fought, this is not the way it finished out. Russia was done for, economically destroyed. Afghanistan did them in, a while ago now. It's all history now. But this is different. ;)  Syria needed a bank. They just didn't know it. ;) 

Posted (edited)

Found something. This may not seem like a big thing to you but it is. The UN Human Rights Council has accepted Syria's report on their country. They did not do this before now. They rejected it and rejected it. But they have now accepted it. So you will see Syria cleaned out and that little pipeline that everyone wants to be built. Someone made a deal. A great deal. LOL

http://sana.sy/en/?p=102346

Another dot for down there about Saudi. Saudi has a new king. He is more a moderate than a hard core Islamist. He wants Saudi brought into a more modern secular world. To do this, he must fight some powerful people. The Wahhabi in his own government and religion. The other royals have fled the region. They are scared to dead and are fleeing the ship like the rats they are. This is breaking Saudi, like it broke Russia. Saudi is going through some changes internally that will cause them to change some of their plans. The new king is trying to stay alive and remove the Wahhabi from power. His own 'deep state' within his government. He is trying to clean house of them but.... I guess they are violent lol It is so bad that the .gov came out and those cushy salaries are not going to be there like expected and it's their culture because they are a rich country and they get money but the money is drying up. The king has a few fronts he is working on. LOL No more sharing the wealth. They do not have it to share. Economic stuff really, not war but economic stuff is a great dot. No money, no war games either. ;) lol

Edit: The price of oil has did them in for funds.

Edited by sybdragon
1 person likes this

I haven't really alluded to it at all, but I'm holding out a hope Trump really is dealing faithfully with Russia in private while avoiding the political backlash of appearing  too close to Putin publicly.  You brought  out  that dimension quite well there :)

I hope we will follow  through and destroy ISIS, and then pull out and let Assad and his people determine their own fate. 

I'm concerned by signs I can see that Erdogan (with  McCain's neocon support) may be strengthening and reviving an ISIS-like force in Idlib province under Erdogan's protection.   We'll have to wait and see who wins this current tug of war for control of US foreign policy.   My biggest concern is believing the neocons may have enough power to just turn over the whole table if they feel they're losing the game.  They'll do it in a heartbeat if its in their power, and I think it probably is.

Putin's support of Assad has a lot more to  do with  Russian interests than any real love for Assad.  Putin needs those Mediterranean naval ports at Tartus and Latakia.  He  also has interest in maintaining his energy market share (in some cases monopoly) in providing Europe's natural gas.  That market share and the influence that goes with it is threatened by the neocon/Quatari desire for a pipeline across Syrian soil, capable of moving Quatai natural gas to European customers.   Putin will resist that, as well as neocon efforts to get energy  out of the Caspian Sea oil and gas fields.   That is a major factor behind our involvement  in Afghanistan and our hostility  to  Iran.  Right now it's difficult to access energy  supplies from the Caspian Sea area without going through Russian hands first.

Remember that dust-up with Georgia in 2008?  The REAL issue there was Caspian Sea energy.  The Ceyhan/Baku pipeline is the  only current outlet to Europe for energy from that area that does not go through Russia.

Part of the reason we got such a focus  on Afghanistan after 911 was the desire to secure a pipeline route to the Pakistani coast where oil could be loaded on western ships....gas is  a bit different animal...much easier and cheaper to move through pipelines than it is to freeze the stuff and liquify it for shipping.

Obviously energy  is only one aspect of a complex situation, but  it's an important one. 

You'll have me writing books too if you're not careful Sybdragon :)

This is hardly a Forward, much less an introduction :)

But I'll stop  for now anyway :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Quote: "You'll have me writing books too if you're not careful Sybdragon    This is hardly a Forward, much less an introduction"

I know how you feel. lol It's hard to explain if the people you are talking to are not aware of all the moves and stuff. lol I find I explain stuff so people can see where I am getting such outlandish ideas at. LOL

I found another article just now. The terrorists are through. I would say that things down there are going to get cleaned out and on to the next crisis. 

I need to look at Turkey. They are throwing a temper tantrum aren't they? ;) It's hard to follow the entire world. So many dots and they get mixed up if you don't watch it. And it's time to go back into my game for a few minutes. I gotta make some points. lol Yep, still playing it just popping in and popping out. I can not play that game but I got friends that message me. I am talking lol

I wish I could concentrate on one area but it gets boring so I jump areas. I am jack of all trades and a master of none in the areas. lol Anyway, this is more proof that the terrorist junk down there is going to finish real soon. http://sana.sy/en/?p=102441 The energy will be needed for oil, dang it mean war. The rest will be tribal battles I think. Business as usual for down there soon.

Edited by sybdragon
replace oil with war, oil on the mind lol

Here's another dot on Russia for ya. If Russia was so much our enemy, just a little thing like this stuff is interesting... Fact. Japan is bribing the USA for something. And they are willing to put in the THAAD. Japan is China's long, long time enemy and still hate each other. Japan is getting ready for war. Japan wants to be our ally. Japan is starting some to reach out to Russia in a big way. Proxy, think proxy. ;) Japan wants a peace treaty with Russia. http://tass.com/economy/936264

Snippet: Russia and Japan have been negotiating a peace treaty following World War II since mid-20th century. The main stumbling block to this is the issue of the ownership of the southern Kuril Islands. After the end of World War II, all Kuril Islands were incorporated into the Soviet Union. However, the ownership of Iturup, Kunashir, Shikotan islands and the Habomai Islands is challenged by Japan. The Russian Foreign Ministry has stated many times that Russia’s sovereignty over the islands is beyond doubt.

In 1956, the Soviet Union and Japan signed a joint declaration on ceasing the state of war. The two countries resumed diplomatic and other relations, however no peace treaty has been signed until now. The Soviet Union committed to paper in the declaration its readiness to hand over Shikotan and Habomai to Japan as a goodwill gesture after the peace treaty is ultimately signed. Japan’s position is that the peace treaty should be signed after solving the issue of the ownership of all four southern Kuril Islands. end snippet

It seems to me sometimes, call me cynic, that all these things have been planned out a long time ago and we are just watching the moves. I would say some of the moves are made up as needed but the large moves, like WW, are already planned out, the sides drawn up, a long time ago. Like you, I watch the ME some for things that the Bible calls for. I am watching for that stuff but not as closely as you. Days of Noah is more my speed. ;) 

According to Russia, they will not play. They will strike with nukes. No questions asked. If this peace treaty is signed, I would say, it's a secret Russia is on our side behind the scenes. The pieces are on the move and it's not quite what I expected. I expected all the excitement to be in the ME until Trump got elected. Then I crashed coursed that side. LOL As soon as he got elected. He wants Russia and he is angry at China. Let's see what is happening in those areas and China area was hopping. :) All he said about the ME was terrorist, terrorist. We don't want ya. He is swinging from there and turning to a new zone. That is what it looks like to me.

They are still under blackout at the bases. I tried to get to the 403rd Wing at Keesler AFB just now. This is the message I got. Here is the links to the base. The base link works just not this one link. As the 403rd is the AF there. That would not be a mistake. ;) So we have a lot of silent treatment going on around here. Not good. Interesting huh? Army and Air Force. I bet the Navy is doing stuff too. Anyway, I am satisfied with just the 2 that something big is up. This is two different branches not just one branch with two bases gone quiet. Something big is up. ;) 

http://www.keesler.af.mil/Units/403rdWing.aspx

http://www.403wg.afrc.af.mil/About/FactSheets/Display/tabid/9106/Article/192527/403rd-wing.aspx

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /About/FactSheets/Display/tabid/9106/Article/192527/403rd-wing.aspx

Keep digging at those military websites :)  I can't recall a time when I made the  rounds and found multiple base websites down or unavailable for any period  of time, much less days on end. 

Here's today's Southfront  update:

The most interesting parts of this report were word that Israeli reserves are being called to active duty and some info on Russian/Israeli diplomatic moves, including a reminder Putin promised to use tactical nukes if Israel invaded Syria.

22 hours ago, sybdragon said:

http://www.403wg.afrc.af.mil/About/FactSheets/Display/tabid/9106/Article/192527/403rd-wing.aspx

Server Error in '/' Application.

The resource cannot be found.

@sybdragon  There is a trailing blank in your link. Just omit the blank and it works (at least in my browser):