Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

BLM Forms New Division of Security, Protection and Intelligence (S.P.I.)

2 posts in this topic

The BS that never ends.

https://shastalantern.net/2016/06/blm-forms-new-division-of-security-protection-and-intelligence-s-p-i/

-

The Bureau of Land Management has announced the formation of new division of Security, Protection and Intelligence.  The new division is being created months after Ammon Bundy led dozens of armed anti-federal-lands activists in seizing the unoccupied Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon. It’s unclear to what extent the new BLM law enforcement post is connected to the Malheur incident or to the general rise in anti-federal-lands activity in the rural West.

This new department will operate independently of the already existing BLM Department of Law Enforcement and Protection under Director Salvatore Lauro, it will also operate independent of the Department of the Interiors (BLM’s mother agency) according to James Gallagher Director of Intelligence for the Department of Interior. In fact it is quite unclear as to who will have oversight over this new department or who authorized it’s creation. In calls to BLM public affairs officers they were unaware of the creation of the new division. Contact with Oregon Representative Greg Walden’s office and Utah Senator Mike Lee’s office led to similar results.

5 hours ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

The BS that never ends.

https://shastalantern.net/2016/06/blm-forms-new-division-of-security-protection-and-intelligence-s-p-i/

-

The Bureau of Land Management has announced the formation of new division of Security, Protection and Intelligence.  The new division is being created months after Ammon Bundy led dozens of armed anti-federal-lands activists in seizing the unoccupied Malheur National Wildlife Refuge in Oregon. It’s unclear to what extent the new BLM law enforcement post is connected to the Malheur incident or to the general rise in anti-federal-lands activity in the rural West.

This new department will operate independently of the already existing BLM Department of Law Enforcement and Protection under Director Salvatore Lauro, it will also operate independent of the Department of the Interiors (BLM’s mother agency) according to James Gallagher Director of Intelligence for the Department of Interior. In fact it is quite unclear as to who will have oversight over this new department or who authorized it’s creation. In calls to BLM public affairs officers they were unaware of the creation of the new division. Contact with Oregon Representative Greg Walden’s office and Utah Senator Mike Lee’s office led to similar results.

Just when they were supposed to lose their militarized arm.  Remember Congress was trying to get rid of that, I think there is a bill that is active on that right now. Or maybe it's stuck in the red tape somewhere.