First, it's an honest honor to have my input requested.
I think the FE movement is more about alot of people saying, "This just doesn't add up" on alot of things we're told, be it NASA or whomever, and so it's a statement movement as much as it is an actual movement of presenting what they claim to be the shape of the earth.
I say that like a true fence rider, because idk. I do know, Roth, you had a great line in another thread, we don't have to agree on the shape of the planet, so long as we agree on where to plant the corn. It's sage, and the biggest point of the "Truth Movement". Being a real truther, means accepting that sometimes ppl won't see eye to eye with you on every conspiracy here to there, but that hardly makes them a Hydra Agent or something as dramatic as the dreaded SHILL O.O!
1. Light bends to gravity, or so they say.
2. Supposively they took photos of earth from the moon with a 35mm camera. I put it Grav's immortal thread o.o
3. Something about relativity o.o
4. Because of gravity being constant
5. Gravity holding everything in a relative state. Like when riding in your car, even sitting still you're techincally a body in motion at whatever speed your driving. I can't drive 55 >.>
6. Because gravity is holding everything in a relative state, and we only sense it as non-moving, are uneffected, if you will, because since the creation we've been on this thing, so it's all relatively sittin' in the car listen to the radio. We don't notice it because unless something drastic happens (like slamming on the breaks), our bodies are in relative motion with the object of the largest gravity.
7. At the equator, i've seen the pics on the interweb of duel spiral, which would suggest a north and south pole star. This is one of the biggest things to me sticking to my belief (lest i admit it's belief, not fact) that the earth is a globe. http://sguisard.astrosurf.com/Pagim/From_pole_to_pole.html <~ this doesn't work on a flat earth model, and should be visable in a multitude of places in the word. Africa for sure, so it should be anchient knowledge. Lots of questions I always have. Willing to listen a talent we all should aspire to exemplify (got word fancy >.>)
8. Distance and relativity. Also, the best evidence for God is in the Sun and Moon. Because no matter your model, flat, globe, Helo or Geo centric, the odds of life forming, the two main luminaries fitting so nicely together as the sun and moon do, etc, is beyond chance, it's obviously designed. To suggest that all that just random f***ed together is like believing you can walk down the street long enough, and a f***ing genie will appear and grant you three wishes. Be careful though, Genie's are trickesters, not like Disney. They'll f*** you up witha bad wish. Learned that in D&D for all those here that laugh, we all laughed too at the time, while having good times, with good people. What losers we were e.e
9. the constant that is gravity, as tested in a fictionless enviroment as well as in a regular one with enough distance to transpire. Learned that on the Cosby show, no lie.
10. Again, proof of a marvelous designer, no?
11. Not just our gravity, but the waves as they move through the system, the Sun's big influence, etc. But yeah, I can see how "It's a big void, law of dispercement", but just like air, just because it can't be seen, and only felt if there's a breeze or more, doesn't mean it's not there, same with the solar winds and magnetic powers of the sun. Or earth, depending on your model. Makes no diff.
12. It's stalking us. Seriously, the North Star has issues o.o;;;
I only bring these up because if your going to bring a case and point, you gotta be ready for someone to express their view. What I offer in that dozen set, for the most part, is a "Christain Science" point of view. That is to say, I agree, the want to disprove God. They want to defame christains as ignorant, and bronze age thinkers. They want to cut us down so they don't have to listen, that's why Jesus told ya not to waste time on those without ears, but those who had em, should listen.
So, is anything I said above all that relavent? Yes, the part where it says so long as we can agree on where to plant the corn. Instead of letting whatever is that uses even the truth to divide us, we should stand firmly together as a team, despite diffrent ideas, creeds, or even religions, and work together to bring about a better tomorrow. That's what it means to be an American.