Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbear

NYC TO FINE BUSINESSES THAT DON’T USE CORRECT GENDER PRONOUNS

6 posts in this topic

Businesses in New York City face fines under a new law that makes it a violation of someone’s human rights not to use their preferred “gender pronoun”.

According to the New York City Commission on Human Rights, employees, landlords and businesses who refuse to refer to transgender people as terms such as “ze” and “hir” will be in violation of the New York City Human Rights Law.

“Covered entities may avoid violations of the NYCHRL by creating a policy of asking everyone what their preferred gender pronoun is so that no individual is singled out for such questions and by updating their systems to allow all individuals to self-identify their names and genders. They should not limit the options for identification to male and female only,” states the “legal enforcement guidance” on gender identity.

The notion of a business asking every customer who walks through the door if they want to be identified as “he,” “she,” “ze,” “hir,” or any other of the 71 Facebook “gender options” is of course completely absurd.

“So people can basically force us — on pain of massive legal liability — to say what they want us to say, whether or not we want to endorse the political message associated with that term, and whether or not we think it’s a lie,” writes UCLA Law Prof. Eugene Volokh. cont infowars

I remember a Spanish course from high school where we learned he, she and it as pronouns. In current modern society let us refer to the gender confused as "its." Not Cousin It from The Addams Family because that would be defamatory but an "it" that is neither here nor there and not worthy of so much attention.

Actually, I'm in favor of "creature" so let them construct a 3rd elimination facility for the creatures and put their picture on the door.

http://i0.wp.com/listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/screen-shot-2010-11-17-at-4-31-04-pm.jpg?resize=550%2C396

Or this one but it might be construed as male. Black lagoon thing.

http://cdn2-www.shocktillyoudrop.com/assets/uploads/2016/03/Creature4.jpg

5 hours ago, YourMom2 said:

I remember a Spanish course from high school where we learned he, she and it as pronouns. In current modern society let us refer to the gender confused as "its." Not Cousin It from The Addams Family because that would be defamatory but an "it" that is neither here nor there and not worthy of so much attention.

Actually, I'm in favor of "creature" so let them construct a 3rd elimination facility for the creatures and put their picture on the door.

http://i0.wp.com/listverse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/screen-shot-2010-11-17-at-4-31-04-pm.jpg?resize=550%2C396

Or this one but it might be construed as male. Black lagoon thing.

http://cdn2-www.shocktillyoudrop.com/assets/uploads/2016/03/Creature4.jpg

Ban pronouns! :IBPlzqK:

Pat. Is that a guy name or girl name? Like surnames now common for girls -- Taylor, Miley, Harris. 

Abnormal is the new normal. If you are judgmental, there is something wrong with you. A lawsuit will fix your little red wagon! 

2 hours ago, grav said:

Pat. Is that a guy name or girl name? Like surnames now common for girls -- Taylor, Miley, Harris. 

Saturday Night Live used to have a character Androgynous Pat and that was as far back as the 90s....ahead of their time like The Simpsons.

Pretty pathetic and way off base as to what can legally be mandated without testing it via the court system.  On the face of it a complete suspension of the right to free speach,

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.