Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rbear

A WHITE PERSON SMILING AT A BLACK PERSON IS A RACIST MICROAGGRESSION

6 posts in this topic

A WHITE PERSON SMILING AT A BLACK PERSON IS A RACIST MICROAGGRESSION

NOT smiling at a person of color is also racist

Students who attended a “Whiteness History Month” presentation at Portland College coined the term “White Guy Smile” while agonizing over whether or not a white person smiling at a black person is a racist microaggression.

The video clip begins with a white student grappling over whether or not to look a person of color in the eyes when he walks past them, whether him crossing the street if he sees a gang of black people ahead will offend them, and whether he should then explain to them why he crossed the street.

“There’s all of this stuff wrapped up in how we meet or do not meet each other’s eyes,” states the main speaker.

cut

“When you pass a person of color on the street, do you give them the “white guy smile”? Congratulations, you’re racist! If you look at a person of color, you’re racist. If you don’t look at them, you’re racist. If you sort of look at them, then look away, you’re still racist. If you keep looking at them, well, damn you, you racist!”

cont infowar

also see conspiracyoutpost.com/topic/9971-whites-owe-blacks-20-trillion-for-slavery/

Looking someone in the eye, smiling and saying Hello! Is nothing more than polite social interaction. And I feel sorry for you if you feel any other way! 

Black kids refused to look me in the eye when I taught in inner city schools. I was told that in black culture it was a sign of defiance. Children were told to keep their heads down to show respect for their elders.  

A head nod is more acceptable when passing near a black man. They do NOT want to be ignored. I also learned that lesson the hard way. :rJwJ7w9:

I posted this to another site yesterday.  This entire 'thing' is a no win situation.  I smile at everyone and do actually look at them which is a measure of respect not how it is being painted.

I don't usually look strangers in the eye or smile at them when I'm out in public.
Some people take it as an invitation to talk I don't want to talk to strangers.
It seems people of color are offended by almost everything nowadays.
I really think they're just making stupid crap up to complain about.
The thing is... the more they whine the less I care.
I had to google "white guy smile".
So horribly offensive!

:akomjiis:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.