Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Federal Panel Approves Nuclear Dump On the Shores of Lake Huron

8 posts in this topic

A federal environmental assessment panel has just released its report approving a proposal by Ontario Power Generation (OPG) to bury nuclear waste on the shores of Lake Huron in a "Deep Geological Repository" (DGR). The panel's conclusions come as no surprise to informed observers: the impartiality of the environmental assessment process had been in question for months.
The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) has never been known as a friend of the environment. But when the Harper Conservatives won a majority government in 2008 they made sweeping changes to Canada's environmental laws. One change was to remove responsibility for environmental assessment of nuclear projects from the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, and put the CNSC in charge.
Instead of conducting an objective assessment of OPG's nuclear waste burial scheme, the CNSC acted as a strong proponent.

http://rabble.ca/columnists/2015/05/s...

www.undergroundworldnews.com

Well, we already have the Palisades nuclear power planet leaking "slightly" radio active water and oil into Lake Michigan.

Palisades Nuclear Power Plant Shut Down After Water Leaks Into Lake Michigan
 05/06/2013
Palisades Nuclear Power Plant in southwestern Michigan was taken offline Sunday after operators discovered a leak from a water tank. Although the tank has leaked twice in less than a year, officials say there is no immediate risk.

"There is no impact on the health and safety of plant employees or the public," a spokeswoman for the Entergy plant said, according to the Associated Press.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/06/palisades-nuclear-plant-entergy_n_3225243.html

Nuke plant reports 2-month oil leak into Lake Michigan
 January 3, 2015
An oil cooling system on the turbine of a southwest Michigan nuclear power plant leaked oil into Lake Michigan for about two months, according to plant officials.

Officials with the Donald C. Cook Nuclear Plant near Bridgman reported the leak to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission, as well as state and local authorities, on Dec. 20, according to an event notification posted on the NRC's website. Plant officials believe 2,000 gallons of oil leaked into the lake, and a retroactive examination of system oil levels leads plant personnel to believe the leak may have been ongoing since about Oct. 25, said Bill Schalk, communications manager for the Cook Nuclear Plant.

"One of the first things we did when we looked at the potential for a leak is examine the lake," he said. "Oil floats on top of the water and you see a sheen, but we could find no evidence of oil in our reservoirs, in the lake or on the beach. It has been dispersed."
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/01/03/nuclear-power-oil-spill-lake-michigan/21215045/

We may as well just trash all the Great Lakes and buy our drinking water from Nestle. 
Oh wait, Nestle is sucking the water from the Great Lakes... :JSfrXsb:

The planet has to go into revolt at some point,  I mean,  how much abuse can it take? :1XqXnoz:

One story says 75% of all reactors are leaking, another says all reactors leak all of the time.  If they are like the rest of Americas infrastructure they are probably all in need of updates and beyond their years of service.   Does the long term pollution outweigh the energy produced?  I don't like them, never have.  Always creep me out as a kid looking at them.  I live in southern Michigan.  Use to work on the great lakes freighters.  You would be amazed at what gets dumped overboard.  There is a chart on the ships that shows you what waste can be dumped as to how far from land you are.  Never liked that either.  Would argue when something would get dumped and the answer always was,  it would be covered up by the time you pass by this spot again.  I am sure it has changed by now with all the plastic we use.  Or I would like to hope it has changed.

1 person likes this

The planet has to go into revolt at some point,  I mean,  how much abuse can it take? :1XqXnoz:

​Past the tipping point dont you think?

​Past the tipping point dont you think?

Yes, like a snowball rolling downhill,  it just gets bigger,  and faster as it goes,  picking up steam.  

We have went past the point of no return. (imo) 

Yes, like a snowball rolling downhill,  it just gets bigger,  and faster as it goes,  picking up steam.  

We have went past the point of no return. (imo) 

​Nature will strike back... It likes to keep balance. and that does not bode well for us.

Edited by ukshep

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.