Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DaddyOh58

iPhone security and law enforcment

6 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, DaddyOh58 said:

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/apple-touch-id-ruling_n_6083920.html

I'm very interested in there definitiion of "compel" here, worst case example in my mind would be the police assaulting someone to force them to touch there phone the correct way to unlock it. 

Illegal search and seizure.

Don't think that will hold up in court.

Plus, you have the right to remain silent

after you're arrested. Not before (for some

odd reason). So make sure that you are

arrested before you hand over your cell phone ?.

They're gutting the 4th Amendment any way they can. Without the 4th we have nothing, all other amendments are easily done away with. 

I have a laptop that has a fingerprint reader ID, I have to configure it to use that ID and I won't do it. I just use a pw to get into the computer. I don't have an Apple phone, so I am not familiar with what has to be done to activate the fingerprint feature, but there would have to be a process for it to work, just like my laptop. Not sure if that phone will work without that configuration being done, but it should. 

Every day, we lose more freedom and they take more from us to make their job of enslaving us easier.  That's what it's all about. 

Well now that I finally got my phone back on (died last last and batter just now charged almost 22 hours) I just turned off the fingerprint. But I still don't see how this dumbass judge ruled a fingerprint a physical object. Your prints are connected to you, you phone kinda scans your print from the pressure you put on the button. How is that a physical object? 

3 hours ago, Groove said:

Well now that I finally got my phone back on (died last last and batter just now charged almost 22 hours) I just turned off the fingerprint. But I still don't see how this dumbass judge ruled a fingerprint a physical object. Your prints are connected to you, you phone kinda scans your print from the pressure you put on the button. How is that a physical object? 

Police will need to start carrying bolt cutters with them so they can physically remove a thumb to activate the release software.

They wouldn't do that in this country right?

1 person likes this

On May 15, 2016 at 6:51 PM, Team Uzi said:

Police will need to start carrying bolt cutters with them so they can physically remove a thumb to activate the release software.

They wouldn't do that in this country right?

That's a scary thought my friend. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.