Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

a cheap way to stock up for armageddon

11 posts in this topic

i just thought of this... go to your local dollar tree store, we have a mega store where i live. everything is 1.00...some items even are below that. ramen noodles, peanut butter, canned meats, fruits and vegs. sometimes they have special sales. i bought 2 -6pk pkges of top ramen noodles for $1.00. and several jars of peanut butter and honey...not for disaster mind you. the cost would certainly be low. 

20140103-223612.jpg

2 people like this

i just thought of this... go to your local dollar tree store, we have a mega store where i live. everything is 1.00...some items even are below that. ramen noodles, peanut butter, canned meats, fruits and vegs. sometimes they have special sales. i bought 2 -6pk pkges of top ramen noodles for $1.00. and several jars of peanut butter and honey...not for disaster mind you. the cost would certainly be low. 

20140103-223612.jpg

​We can do that in the uk too :P ty netto ha

The most important thing to remember when you are stocking up on foods like ramen, mac and cheese, rice etc. is you need WATER to prepare those items.  If you don't have cases and cases of bottled water stored, get a good water purification system so you can clean and use whatever water might be available to you.

The most important thing to remember when you are stocking up on foods like ramen, mac and cheese, rice etc. is you need WATER to prepare those items.  If you don't have cases and cases of bottled water stored, get a good water purification system so you can clean and use whatever water might be available to you.

​i probaley wont buy bottled water in excess at the dollar store because california has this dumb law called CRV. california redemption value. its tax for bottled items

20140103-223612.jpg

​Be aware though thanks to hillary clinton most well known brands that would normally contain
meat in them now contain soy which is pretty hard to tell the difference. They are cheap,
and most times soy animal feed grade is used and which is GMO.

The main thing soy causes is something called estrogen dominance in both men and woman.
Read up on it yourselves. It's a killer disease that kills you slowly over time.

The two most common names to watch for on food ingredient lables:
1. TVP (Textured Vegetable Protein)
2. HVP (Hydrolized Vegetable Protein)

Below is the linked page with the full list. And all 75 of them. You should avoid them like the plague!
http://foodallergysupport.olicentral.com/index.php?topic=678.0

Please understand, I have nothing against wanting to save money, and I know
that many of you are having it hard out there these days, but there is nothing
wrong with knowing how to read food ingredient labels.

Did you know when you see a label that says "0 Trans Fat", if it shows "<" next
to it, that means there is still trans fat, but its below "1 Gram" or "1000 MG". You
should avoid that as well!

This is how these scumbags do things to fool you, and in the end harms your health
and all in the name of "cheaper ingredients."

Believe me, when they are running off 25 million cans of raviolis, and saving 3 cents
on each can, that's a real big savings, and at the cost of your families health!

I know its a real pain in the ass taking the time to read labels, but after a while you'll
become familiar with the companies who practice these deceptive policies.

The rewards are becoming a well informed consumer, and that puts the power back
in the hands of the people!

My Moto: "Cheap is not always best, but price comparison of quality products always is."

It's how the words are used that sets the tone to how you think as a consumer.
1. Cheap (low quality foods)
2. Price Comparison (high quality products)
Be an educated consumer by becoming informed, and you'll never look at food shopping
the same way again!

cm

edit to add: My wife shops price, but I shop best quality at the best possible price.

There's a big difference!

Edited by Cryptic Mole

thx mr mole. btw, today i went to the dollar tree to try out their advertised rib eye for a dollar lmao..thats right, rib eye for a dollar. it was the size of a hockey puck. pre cooked. nasty shite. and their hot dogs and pork chops? dont bother. their snacks are decent enough though. as our apt rent will be increased in june, the dollar tree will become our main source for snacks and office supplies. as well as  "survival" items.

Definitely stockpile some good quality vitamin supplements if you will need to rely on packaged foods. 

Definitely stockpile some good quality vitamin supplements if you will need to rely on packaged foods. 

​for vitamins lilly, i always buy retail -when i have the funds avaliable. somehow i beleive vitamins bought at dollar stores wont have the same benefits as ones you get at walgreens and cvs. some key ingrediants might be missing

​for vitamins lilly, i always buy retail -when i have the funds avaliable. somehow i beleive vitamins bought at dollar stores wont have the same benefits as ones you get at walgreens and cvs. some key ingrediants might be missing

​Vitamins are a minefield! I find Swansons and the Now brand good value and there are a few ebay retailers that I trust. I buy single formulas rather than multi's too. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.