Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

'We could have been there': Squadron member speaks out on stalled Benghazi response

7 posts in this topic

His squadron got the alert: a “real world mission was going down.”  

The team – at Aviano Air Base in northeastern Italy – raced to the field and was briefed, as planes were armed and prepared to launch. Hundreds of miles away, fellow Americans were under attack in Benghazi.

"There were people everywhere,” said the witness, who was on the ground that night but wished to remain anonymous. “That flight line was full of people, and we were all ready to go” to Benghazi. 

Only they were waiting for the order. It never came.

“The whole night we were told that we are waiting on a call,” he told Fox News. 

This account is from a squadron member at Aviano the night of the Sept. 11, 2012, terror attack in Benghazi. The source, the first in his squadron to speak out publicly since that attack, is going public to explain – in his view – that more could have been done to save Americans under attack that night.

He asked that his identity be protected for fear of retribution. He says others in his squadron also have wanted to talk about Benghazi from the beginning, but no others have been interviewed and all are afraid of the potential backlash from speaking out.

“I'm not trying to give away any type of [information] that could ever harm the military,” the source told Fox News. “That is never my plan. I feel that some things need to come to light.”

Namely, he said, that a team was ready to go that night to help protect Americans under fire in Benghazi – an account that runs counter to multiple official reports, including from a House committee, a timeline provided by the military and the controversial State Department Accountability Review Board investigation, which concluded the interagency response to Benghazi was “timely and appropriate.”

The source said: "I definitely believe that our aircraft could have taken off and gotten there in a timely manner, maybe three hours at the most, in order to at least stop that second mortar attack … and basically save lives that day."

Former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were killed in that second wave. Ambassador Chris Stevens and information officer Sean Smith were killed in the initial attack on the main compound.

“We could have been there. That's the worst part,” the source said.

<snip>

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/05/12/could-have-been-there-squadron-member-speaks-out-on-stalled-benghazi-response.html

Hillary!?  What you got to say about this?  Where were you, what were you REALLY doing while these people were murdered?  This is worth the read and there's a video by the anon source, he's afraid of retribution. 

5 minutes ago, RememberThis said:

How does one properly express the rage felt by this......

Since the entire thing is improper from start to finish, I'd say pitchforks and torches and lamp posts wouldn't be too outta line. 

Animals are a great judge of character.....my cats hiss, growl and puff EVERY time they see/hear her on TV

Tells me alot.

5 minutes ago, RememberThis said:

Animals are a great judge of character.....my cats hiss, growl and puff EVERY time they see/hear her on TV

Tells me alot.

I know you've been offline for awhile, so you probably haven't seen this. Maybe this is why:

I truly believe she was losing it when she testified and said: What difference does it make?  Anyone else did that, they'd still be publicizing it, especially a front runner for pres. 

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I know you've been offline for awhile, so you probably haven't seen this. Maybe this is why:

omfg

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.