Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

Zimmerman to Auction Pistol He Used to Shoot Trayvon Martin

41 posts in this topic

Former Florida neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman is auctioning off the pistol he used in the fatal shooting of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed black teenager.

In an interview with Orlando, Florida, TV station WOFL, Zimmerman said he had just gotten the pistol back from the U.S. Justice Department, which took it after he was acquitted in Martin's 2012 shooting death.

"And I thought it's time to move past the firearm," Zimmerman told the station. "And if I sell it and it sells, I move past it. Otherwise, it's going in a safe for my grandkids and never to be used or seen again."

The auction listing on GunBroker.com lists the gun as a 9 mm Kel-Tec PF-9 pistol. The auction begins at 11 a.m. EDT Thursday and ends at the same time Friday. The bidding starts at $5,000.

The auction listing also says a portion of the proceeds will go toward fighting what Zimmerman calls violence by the Black Lives Matter movement against law enforcement officers, combatting anti-gun rhetoric of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton and ending the career of Angela Corey, the attorney who led the prosecution against Zimmerman.

The listing ends with a Latin phrase that translates as "if you want peace, prepare for war."

<snip>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/pistol-trayvon-martin-shooting-auctioned-39057226

Watch for BLM protests at the auction. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

That's in bad taste.

But, who can blame him. His life has been ruined by the media. He likely cannot find a job. He wife even left him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

But, who can blame him. His life has been ruined by the media. He likely cannot find a job. He wife even left him.

So you don't believe this will enrage black people everywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cryptic Mole said:

So you don't believe this will enrage black people everywhere?

I personally do not care. It is a false rage create by media sensationalism. If not this event then another.

I am just weary of all the hate. I want it to get on with it so the world can right itself/ end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

I personally do not care. It is a false rage create by media sensationalism. If not this event then another.

I am just weary of all the hate. I want it to get on with it so the world can right itself/ end.

 

I agree and to be honest do not personally care as well, but the fact still stands that as I said, it was done in bad taste. The reasons do not matter. The whole concept here is old wounds will be opened, right or wrong is not the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

I agree and to be honest do not personally care as well, but the fact still stands that as I said, it was done in bad taste. The reasons do not matter. The whole concept here is old wounds will be opened, right or wrong is not the issue.

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why should it even matter? its his firearm. It did its job. it defended him. Or is it a crime to sell a gun you've used in self defense now? seems like it!

oh and yeh they just pulled the auction down. he wont be selling shit now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

52 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Why should it even matter? its his firearm. It did its job. it defended him. Or is it a crime to sell a gun you've used in self defense now? seems like it!

oh and yeh they just pulled the auction down. he wont be selling shit now.

 
 

You had to know with all the publicity they would take down the auction.

That's a given.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

I agree and to be honest do not personally care as well, but the fact still stands that as I said, it was done in bad taste. The reasons do not matter. The whole concept here is old wounds will be opened, right or wrong is not the issue.

The BLM folks want the wound to remain open.
Auctioning the gun is in poor taste but so is this:

Trayvon Martin's legacy is coming to a Philadelphia stage

Like many people, the passing of Trayvon Martin deeply affected Rajendra Ramoun Maharaj. He felt that he needed to find a way to put his feelings to good use and started researching the case.

Along with Thomas Soto, who would become his co-writer, Maharaj started to write a self-described “a poetic docu-drama” that is focused on Martin’s life and legacy.

The Ballad of Trayvon Martin” will premiere this Thursday at the Freedom Theatre on 1346 North Broad Street. Martin was killed by George Zimmerman on February 26, 2012, in Sanford, Fla. The event would become a part of national conversation on race relations (check out AL DÍA's editorials on the tragic incident).
-----
To really understand the Trayvon Martin situation, you have to understand the mentality of someone who would want to harm a child, Maharaj added.

“The ballad really dives into George Zimmerman; his parents and brother,” Maharaj said. “I don't think anyone is made a monster. I don’t think George Zimmerman is a monster I think he was a person who felt very powerless and in many ways is a product of a bigger symptom in this country of privilege and racial divide.”

http://aldianews.com/articles/culture/trayvon-martins-legacy-coming-philadelphia-stage/43250

I wonder if The Ballad will include the cover up his criminal history.

The Trayvon Martin Cover Up: Sgt. Lourdes Hodges

Sergeant Lourdes Hodges was the person who opened the “Supplemental report” on the Dashboard of Detective Hadley after he completed sending the information requested to Sanford Sgt. Randy Smith.   Hadley sent Smith an 8 page report on Trayvon Martin from a Criminal Mischief complaint filed by School Resource Officer Darryl Dunn.

However, at the behest and instruction of Police Chief Hurley, the Mischief Complaint was only part of the behavioral issue from that day. The second aspect from the incident was Trayvon’s backpack containing stolen jewelry and a burglary tool. This part of the incident was intentionally mislabeled, and misreported, by SRO Dunn to eliminate the need for a criminal investigation.

Instead of attaching the Jewelry to Trayvon Martin, Dunn filled out a report of the jewelry outlining it as “found jewelry”, presenting the issues *as if* it were just found items with no ownership etc. As a consequence the jewelry was sent to evidence storage where it sat without investigation.
-----
Hurley had told his officers to avoid issuing criminal reports on young black males in High School, and to find alternate disingenuous methods of using the reports only for school discipline.
-----
At the conclusion of the internal investigation Police Chief Hurley was suspended, and later fired.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/04/16/part-7-the-trayvon-martin-cover-up-sgt-lourdes-hodges-trayvon-foia-14/#more-61679

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

The BLM folks want the wound to remain open.
Auctioning the gun is in poor taste but so is this:

Trayvon Martin's legacy is coming to a Philadelphia stage

Like many people, the passing of Trayvon Martin deeply affected Rajendra Ramoun Maharaj. He felt that he needed to find a way to put his feelings to good use and started researching the case.

Along with Thomas Soto, who would become his co-writer, Maharaj started to write a self-described “a poetic docu-drama” that is focused on Martin’s life and legacy.

The Ballad of Trayvon Martin” will premiere this Thursday at the Freedom Theatre on 1346 North Broad Street. Martin was killed by George Zimmerman on February 26, 2012, in Sanford, Fla. The event would become a part of national conversation on race relations (check out AL DÍA's editorials on the tragic incident).
-----
To really understand the Trayvon Martin situation, you have to understand the mentality of someone who would want to harm a child, Maharaj added.

“The ballad really dives into George Zimmerman; his parents and brother,” Maharaj said. “I don't think anyone is made a monster. I don’t think George Zimmerman is a monster I think he was a person who felt very powerless and in many ways is a product of a bigger symptom in this country of privilege and racial divide.”

http://aldianews.com/articles/culture/trayvon-martins-legacy-coming-philadelphia-stage/43250

I wonder if The Ballad will include the cover up his criminal history.

The Trayvon Martin Cover Up: Sgt. Lourdes Hodges

Sergeant Lourdes Hodges was the person who opened the “Supplemental report” on the Dashboard of Detective Hadley after he completed sending the information requested to Sanford Sgt. Randy Smith.   Hadley sent Smith an 8 page report on Trayvon Martin from a Criminal Mischief complaint filed by School Resource Officer Darryl Dunn.

However, at the behest and instruction of Police Chief Hurley, the Mischief Complaint was only part of the behavioral issue from that day. The second aspect from the incident was Trayvon’s backpack containing stolen jewelry and a burglary tool. This part of the incident was intentionally mislabeled, and misreported, by SRO Dunn to eliminate the need for a criminal investigation.

Instead of attaching the Jewelry to Trayvon Martin, Dunn filled out a report of the jewelry outlining it as “found jewelry”, presenting the issues *as if* it were just found items with no ownership etc. As a consequence the jewelry was sent to evidence storage where it sat without investigation.
-----
Hurley had told his officers to avoid issuing criminal reports on young black males in High School, and to find alternate disingenuous methods of using the reports only for school discipline.
-----
At the conclusion of the internal investigation Police Chief Hurley was suspended, and later fired.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2013/04/16/part-7-the-trayvon-martin-cover-up-sgt-lourdes-hodges-trayvon-foia-14/#more-61679

 

 

 

He just needs to hide under a rock for the rest of his life. Just like the story on cain and abel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

He just needs to hide under a rock for the rest of his life. Just like the story on cain and abel.

It's sad. His life was ruined by a violent thug and he's portrayed as the villain.
But I do think he should try to move on and stop talking about it. 
I guess that's hard to do when others just won't let it die.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor


Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.