Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malevolent

How political correct are you?

9 posts in this topic

I get into trouble for calling a spade a spade many times.  I simply cannot see why one should mollycoddle certain entities of the (not so)-human race  

Political Correctness = Language And Thought Control (SOURCE)

Political correctness is a Rothschild invention of language control. Like Orwellian Newspeak in 1984, its ultimate aim is to reduce the scope of free thought.

Political correctness is language control. And language control is thought control. Period. The rise of modern political correctness (PC) is a great example of the cunning way in which social engineers such as the New World Order manipulators operate. Political correctness is soft censorship. It is intolerance disguised as tolerance. As George Carlin said, it is fascism pretending to be manners. It is running amok not just in Universities but now almost everywhere in society. Just as Orwell laid out so precisely in 1984,political correctness is the Newspeakwhich is threatening to limit our ability to freely speak and think, by reducing the number of available words in our vocabulary.

Political Correctness: Based on the Non-Existent “Right” to Not Be Offended

Truth is stranger than fiction. <snip>

2 people like this

Justice Dept. Stops Use of 'Disparaging' Terms Like 'Felons,' 'Convicts'

The new terms could include "person who committed a crime" and "individual who was incarcerated.
-----
Mason noted the change in terminology "in no way means condoning criminal or delinquent behavior."

But, she said, "Our words have power. They shape and color our estimations and judgments. They can build up or tear down.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/justice-department-disparaging-terms/2016/05/05/id/727397/

Political correctness is the end of civilized society.
It excuses what would normally be unacceptable behavior.
It forces people to go along with the MS and not to question anything.

5 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Justice Dept. Stops Use of 'Disparaging' Terms Like 'Felons,' 'Convicts'

I wonder if we'll soon have penalties put on us for saying those words. If this isn't 1984, I don't know what is. 

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

I wonder if we'll soon have penalties put on us for saying those words. If this isn't 1984, I don't know what is. 

Seattle banned the "politically offensive" word citizen but I don't know if anyone has gotten in trouble for using it.

Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

Seattle banned the "politically offensive" word citizen but I don't know if anyone has gotten in trouble for using it.

LOL We're going to need a dictionary of words that are banned. Business opportunity anyone? It could be an ongoing income because they keep changing the words and adding words. Charge for updates!  Official Banned Words 

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

LOL We're going to need a dictionary of words that are banned. Business opportunity anyone? It could be an ongoing income because they keep changing the words and adding words. Charge for updates!  Official Banned Words 

The Unicorn Hunters put out a list of banished words every year but it's just in fun.

Lake Superior State University's 41st Annual List of Banished Words

So, if the wordsmiths at Lake Superior State University get their way, this is the last time a story lead like this will ever make it into print or broadcast.

Answering a question by beginning with the word "so" is just one of a dozen forms of wordplay that made it onto LSSU's 41st annual List of Words Banished from the Queen's English for Mis-use, Over-use and General Uselessness. The tradition created by the late W. T. Rabe, former public relations director at Lake Superior State University, is now in its fifth decade. Compilers hope this year's list will be so popular that it will break the Internet.

“Overused words and phrases are ‘problematic’ for thousands of Queen's English ‘stakeholders,’” said an LSSU spokesperson while ‘vaping’ an e-cigarette during a ‘presser.’  “Once something is banished, there's no ‘walking it back;’ that's our ‘secret sauce,' and there’s no ‘price point’ for that.”

Rabe and fellow LSSU faculty and staff came up with the first list of words and phrases that people love to hate at a New Year’s Eve party in 1975, publishing it on Jan. 1, 1976. Though he and his friends created the first list from their own pet peeves about language, Rabe said he knew from the volume of mail he received in the following weeks that the group would have no shortage of words and phrases from which to choose for 1977. Since then, the list has consisted entirely of nominations received from around the world throughout the year.

Through the years, LSSU has received tens of thousands of nominations for the list, which now includes more than 800 entries. This year's list is culled from nominations received mostly through the university's website, lssu.edu/banished. Word-watchers target pet peeves from everyday speech, as well as from the news, fields of education, technology, advertising, politics and more. A committee makes a final cut in late December.

http://www.lssu.edu/banished/

1 person likes this

Isn't Politically Correct an oxymoron? There is nothing Correct about Politics!!!!!

1 hour ago, CGK said:

Isn't Politically Correct an oxymoron? There is nothing Correct about Politics!!!!!

:yah:

NLP is insidious. 

On another forum with a similar question I responded - although edited:

I firmly believe that racism is a social construct where the definition is held by the guy pointing the finger in order to further a cause or detract the attention from him- /her- /it- self.  It has, in recent times, become a buzzword and a hollow one at that.  A buzzword like paradigm-shift, where most of the users do not even have the faintest idea what the feck a paradigm actually is.  One (buzzword) which more and more people are using and massaging or manipulating in order to re-direct a truth.  In the eyes of libtards it is simply racist if you mention the race of a person or group.  So much so is the variance and deviance from the meaning that some fools are calling people against Muslims - racists!  WTF? A belief-system is not a race! But in this case the leftist MSM grab onto it and ride the sensation to sell their smut

Yes, racism does exist, however I can clearly see how this concept is being politically used by the politicians and campaigners for what ever "rights" and their ilk in order to further polarize and divide the nation (world) because that is how they believe they will have an edge politically speaking.  This is a scourge evident mostly in South Africa and the western world - I have worked in almost all of the African countries and there the guys simply do not have this chip on the shoulder attitude.  I was never called any names and no fingers were pointed at me although I had to be quite frank and brutally honest in some cases, it was never construed as being about anything other than the case at hand and the folk accepted and appreciated the lessons they'd learned.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.