Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

The San Andreas Fault Is On The Brink Of A Devastating Earthquake

10 posts in this topic

The San Andreas Fault Is On The Brink Of A Devastating Earthquake

http://www.forbes.com/sites/trevornace/2016/05/08/san-andreas-fault-brink-devastating-earthquake/#1f497c335e44

-

In earthquake prediction, geologists work in probability distributions rather than absolute terms. Consensus is growing, however, of the likelihood of a large and devastating earthquake to strike California. Why are scientists beginning to worry? The San Andreas Fault hasn’t produced a big earthquake in that region of the fault since the M7.9 earthquake hit California in 1857, 159 years ago.

The theory behind why we expect the next significant earthquake to be a big one becomes apparent in a few back of the envelope calculations. The average rate of plate movement along the San Andreas Fault has remained fairly consistent at approximately 2 inches per year for the last several million years. Given the aforementioned 159-year gap in a major earthquake along part of the San Andreas Fault, that would mean average plate movement has accumulated 26 feet of movement since then.

The accumulated strain built up from 159 years and 26 feet of plate movement provides the ammunition needed for a major earthquake on the order of M8.0. At some point the rock holding that strain will break when the strain overcomes the tensile strength of the surrounding rock. At this point, the two plates will quickly snap to a state of equilibrium or close to it, thrusting the plates from their current position.

Why Can’t We Predict Earthquakes?

As you likely know, the 1906 San Francisco earthquake (M7.8) was one of the most powerful in the recent century and led to mass destruction of the San Francisco bay area from earthquake related damages as well as fire. Unfortunately, there are no reliable ways to predict an imminent earthquake, much like we do for practically every other natural disaster.

17 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Why are scientists beginning to worry?

Because government grants are scarce and they need to make themselves relevant?  

Question is, if there is a giant quake, what are they going to do besides call in FEMA and all the rest of the screwups from the govt. and make people even worse off? Remember Katrina?  They saw that coming and they couldn't even get water to people or people air lifted out of that hell hole of a test run for martial law for how long?  

If a quake that big happened, there would be a bunch of shocked people wrapped in blankets waiting for FEMA to feed, clothe and house them.  When they fail to do it, chaos begins.  You're talking miles and miles of devastation.  Millions and millions of people. 

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Because government grants are scarce and they need to make themselves relevant?  

Question is, if there is a giant quake, what are they going to do besides call in FEMA and all the rest of the screwups from the govt. and make people even worse off? Remember Katrina?  They saw that coming and they couldn't even get water to people or people air lifted out of that hell hole of a test run for martial law for how long?  

If a quake that big happened, there would be a bunch of shocked people wrapped in blankets waiting for FEMA to feed, clothe and house them.  When they fail to do it, chaos begins.  You're talking miles and miles of devastation.  Millions and millions of people. 

Don't mean to be an asshole but I only see preppers and certain types of people coming out of this alive.

Liberals and others are gonna go meet there makers in the sky, their Darwinian gods. lol

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Don't mean to be an asshole but I only see preppers and certain types of people coming out of this alive.

Liberals and others are gonna go meet there makers in the sky, their Darwinian gods. lol

I don't mean to be an asshole either.... but "Forbes" is a trusted source for truth on CT forums?  Any mainstream news source is "trusted" to "tell you the truth"  on a board where people distrust gov't & mainstream sources?

I just don't get that logic & thinking.  They are "the bad guys", so why does anyone believe anything they say?

Besides.... is this the first time we've heard this stuff?  No.  Will it be the last?  No.  Why?  Because all they do is keep people in a perpetual state of "panic & fear" with these fear mongering headlines.  They recycle them every few years so most people don't remember the same fkn headlines a few yrs back.  It's like they have a list of scarey headlines they just toss out every week then rinse & repeat..... and you people shit yourselves over every one..... and NOTHING ever happens or comes true in 99% of them, especially the REALLY scarey ones.

Get long term memories people..... it helps.

8 minutes ago, JibbyJedi said:

I don't mean to be an asshole either.... but "Forbes" is a trusted source for truth on CT forums?  Any mainstream news source is "trusted" to "tell you the truth"  on a board where people distrust gov't & mainstream sources?

I just don't get that logic & thinking.  They are "the bad guys", so why does anyone believe anything they say?

Besides.... is this the first time we've heard this stuff?  No.  Will it be the last?  No.  Why?  Because all they do is keep people in a perpetual state of "panic & fear" with these fear mongering headlines.  They recycle them every few years so most people don't remember the same fkn headlines a few yrs back.  It's like they have a list of scarey headlines they just toss out every week then rinse & repeat..... and you people shit yourselves over every one..... and NOTHING ever happens or comes true in 99% of them, especially the REALLY scarey ones.

Rev 6:12: And I looked when he had opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Rev 6:13: And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, even as a fig tree casts its green figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind.

Rev 6:14: And the heavens separated, as a scroll when it is rolled separately; and every mountain and island shifted from its resting place.

10 minutes ago, JibbyJedi said:

Don't assume everyone is "scared".  I know what they do and pretty much everyone else on here does, as well. It never hurts to keep an eye on what your enemy is trying to foment and ask the obvious question, why?  

Posted (edited)

20 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Rev 6:12: And I looked when he had opened the sixth seal, and behold, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

Rev 6:13: And the stars of heaven fell to the earth, even as a fig tree casts its green figs when it is shaken by a mighty wind.

Rev 6:14: And the heavens separated, as a scroll when it is rolled separately; and every mountain and island shifted from its resting place.

Sounds all FE related to me.

The stars are fixed into position in the firmament in FE (main theory), There is "a black sun" player too we can't see.... but if it eclipsed this small local sun, that's how it would appear.  And blood moon eclipse for the blood color of the moon.

That great rift mainstream calls the center of the milky way is referenced to have "opened across the sky like a scroll", more or less the quote, like it opens right where the main clusters of stars are and folds like a scroll.

I never reference the Bible with proving FE stuff but the Bible does correlate with some of our main theories.

You are personally interpreting the Bible passages to coincide with your theoretical doom quakes, which will be headlines again in 2-3 yrs, and 2-3 yrs after that, and again, and again, and people like you will wet themselves every single time.

Edited by JibbyJedi

18 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Don't assume everyone is "scared".  I know what they do and pretty much everyone else on here does, as well. It never hurts to keep an eye on what your enemy is trying to foment and ask the obvious question, why?  

Oh I know and when I say "people" I'm not referring to anyone specifically, many will read that over time so speaking generally.

I've been asking the "why's" since age 2 and the best final answers I've gotten to things still a mystery to me is, "because that's just the way it is - because I said so." lol, so I still have to keep asking.   I do think I'm finally onto the "Why" as far as the fear mongering and repeating dooms constantly in MSM like every single day/week.  It's to keep people in a polarity state of vulnerability.... overall.  That entails a lot of little details that go along with it, like susceptibility to diseases in that state, passive acceptance of authority's help & need for security, out of the box stuff I won't mention here lol..... and it also is the main general rule for all dictatorships.  Rule by fear. 

I'd bet everything I own that this was an actual conversation that was had by TPTB back in 1913 or so when the federal reserve took control.....

From 0:30 - 0:51

When the people you mean to rule over are in fear of you & your regime..... they tend to stay in line & behave better.

24 minutes ago, JibbyJedi said:

Sounds all FE related to me.

The stars are fixed into position in the firmament in FE (main theory), There is "a black sun" player too we can't see.... but if it eclipsed this small local sun, that's how it would appear.  And blood moon eclipse for the blood color of the moon.

That great rift mainstream calls the center of the milky way is referenced to have "opened across the sky like a scroll", more or less the quote, like it opens right where the main clusters of stars are and folds like a scroll.

I never reference the Bible with proving FE stuff but the Bible does correlate with some of our main theories.

You are personally interpreting the Bible passages to coincide with your theoretical doom quakes, which will be headlines again in 2-3 yrs, and 2-3 yrs after that, and again, and again, and people like you will wet themselves every single time.

ANCIENT DISHWASHERS PREDICTED THE END OF THE WORLD. haha

Lighten up. :laugh:

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

ANCIENT DISHWASHERS PREDICTED THE END OF THE WORLD. haha

Lighten up. :laugh:

That's why Patrice is dead probably...lol.  This was pretty good, there are some disadvantages to not watching TV past 8-9yrs, I miss shows like this.  What I gain though can't compare to what I miss out on.

Patrice was too honest to stay public, so he either really is dead, or he's on 2Pac island with the other celebs who got a paid retirement on the hidden land oasis out there.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.