Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
octopus prime

Atheist sues chaplain

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/powerpost/wp/2016/05/05/athiest-group-to-sue-house-chaplain/

The most interesting paragraph to me is this: "Barker may face a difficult time getting a court to rule in his favor, said Robert A. Destro, director of the law and religion program at the Columbus School of Law at Catholic University, because Congress has wide latitude under the Constitution to determine how it operates."

However,  atheism is the fastest growing religion in America.  They demand more attention than LGBTs and stir up as much trouble as Al Sharpton. Although I  think a chaplain in Congress is about as useful as jpegs to Helen Keller,  is this really a major issue for them?

Edited by octopus prime

Barker claims that approximately 40 percent of the daily prayers on the House floor were delivered by guest chaplains between 2000 and 2015. None of the 857 guest chaplains during that time were atheists, according to the lawsuit.

Isn't atheist chaplain an oxymoron?
And don't have anything better to do with their time like maybe educate themselves on Islam?
I'm surprised the atheist activist organization The Satanic Temple (another oxymoron) isn't all over this.  

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.