Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

California raises legal age to buy tobacco from 18 to 21

8 posts in this topic

I don't condone tobacco use but now that big tobacco has the young people hooked on smoking I see this only as a way to generate revenue for the state; fines and imprisonment . Government really don't give a rats ass about health or they would put a stop to GMOs and other toxins !  CSB 

California Gov. Jerry Brown approved a group of bills on Wednesday that will raise the legal age to buy tobacco products from 18 to 21 and place new restrictions on electronic cigarettes.

The bills go into effect on June 9 and aim to combat early users of nicotine. The Institute of Medicine released a report stating that 90 percent of regular smokers started using tobacco before turning 19

No smoking, vaping or chewing before 21, says California.

Read the whole post here : https://grasswire.com/2016/05/california-raises-legal-age-buy-tobacco-18-21/

7 minutes ago, CSB said:

I don't condone tobacco use but now that big tobacco has the young people hooked on smoking I see this only as a way to generate revenue for the state; fines and imprisonment . Government really don't give a rats ass about health or they would put a stop to GMOs and other toxins !  CSB 

California Gov. Jerry Brown approved a group of bills on Wednesday that will raise the legal age to buy tobacco products from 18 to 21 and place new restrictions on electronic cigarettes.

The bills go into effect on June 9 and aim to combat early users of nicotine. The Institute of Medicine released a report stating that 90 percent of regular smokers started using tobacco before turning 19

No smoking, vaping or chewing before 21, says California.

Read the whole post here : https://grasswire.com/2016/05/california-raises-legal-age-buy-tobacco-18-21/

Like I needed one more reason to hate them all. You're right they don't care. They don't care about victimless crime either, only the fees, fines and nightmares of running you around the court system at their whim. You can fight when you're 18, in a war, but you can't have a cig, or vape (who chews tobacco? idk anyone that does but if they want to, let them!). 

2 people like this

Just now, DarkKnightNomeD said:

This is gonna start riots.

I think you are right . But that is way the militant morons have riot gear .

21 minutes ago, CSB said:

I think you are right . But that is way the militant morons have riot gear .

And why they want to pass laws so we can't buy any body armor, only they can have it. 

Kids under 18 have always smoked if they were so inclined.
And like the under 21 smokers are going to quit now because it's illegal.
Right... 

13 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

who chews tobacco?

I know lots who do but this is cowboy country. They carry their snoose cans in their back pocket, they're about 4" across and 1" deep.

Buffy, a New York has always wanted to go to a real rodeo, have a steak bbq and sleep with a real cowboy. So she travels to the Calgary Stampede. When she returns home her friends all want to hear about her trip. She said "I went to the rodeo and omg the cowboys are fearless and the broncs and the bulls, it was so exciting. And I went to a real steak bbq with beer and music." So her friends ask "Did you sleep with a real cowboy?" Buffy says "NO! You should see the size of the condoms in their back pockets!!!!"

21 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Kids under 18 have always smoked if they were so inclined.
And like the under 21 smokers are going to quit now because it's illegal.
Right... 

It takes a while, its about affecting the upcoming youth who will be in "peer pressure, cool, etc" to smoke/etc, however they are not 21. In turn, extending their life span if = life is lived compared to averages of smokers.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.