Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

America Is Raising A Generation Of Young People Who Can't Do Math

6 posts in this topic

America Is Raising A Generation Of Young People Who Can't Do Math

Oct. 8, 2013

This article was written in 2013; can you imagine what these kids will be like in a few more years ? If we last that long !  

I see it clearly the dumbing down of America to install human robots .

In a new study of adults' core skills in 23 mostly developed countries, the U.S. had a particularly unimpressive showing, scoring well below average in literacy, math, and tech skills. As bad as the overall scores were, young adults in America did even worse. 

When you restrict scores to 16 to 24 year olds, the U.S. ranks 18th out of 23 countries for literacy and is dead last for math skills and the ability to use technology to solve problems.

Young people in the U.S., on average, score 29 points below young people across all countries in math and 40 points below top-scoring countries like Japan and Finland. America's young people are 10 points behind Italy, the second-lowest scoring country:

Read the whole post here : http://www.businessinsider.com/america-young-adults-math-skills-2013-10

I am posting this because I have taken note that many of the youth of today can't even count monetary change back . I even know a few that can't read or write .

Sad In America !!  :sodsjdtr:  

A touchy topic but here goes.

AUGUST 18, 2014
Dept. of Ed. projects public schools will be ‘majority-minority’ this fall

A milestone is expected to be reached this fall when minorities outnumber whites among the nation’s public school students for the first time, U.S. Department of Education projections show. This is due largely to fast growth in the number of Hispanic and Asian school-age children born in the U.S., according to a Pew Research Center analysis of Census Bureau data.

A steady demographic change over the years has resulted in a decline in the number of whites in classrooms even as the total number of public school students has increased. In 1997, the U.S. had 46.1 million public school students, of which 63.4% were white. While whites will still outnumber any single racial or ethnic group this fall, their overall share of the nation’s 50 million public school students is projected to drop to 49.7%. Since 1997, the number of white students has declined by 15%, falling from 29.2 million to 24.9 million in 2014.
-----
While those born in the U.S. are driving growth, immigrants are still having an impact in the classroom. Across the country, school districts have had to boost English language instruction for students who are not native speakers. This is because seven-in-ten school-age children who are immigrants or have immigrant parents speak another language other than English at home and will likely be provided English language instruction upon entering school.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/08/18/u-s-public-schools-expected-to-be-majority-minority-starting-this-fall/

Bi-Lingual Education Is Making Kids Functionally Illiterate

Speaking a second language in the U.S. is perfectly acceptable. What is not acceptable is allowing children to pass through our school system and emerge functionally illiterate in English. Nothing condemns people to second-class status faster in our country – or alienates them culturally -- than not being able to speak our common language.

This truth led to widespread abandonment of bilingual education in the 1960s. Only four states today still require the approach; Texas, New York, Illinois and New Jersey. However, some are pressing for the return of the bilingual system, which allows children to master subjects like math and history in their native tongue while being taught English separately. California, where bilingual teaching was barred in 1998, has 2.7 million students (43 percent of total enrollment) whose families speak a language other than English in the home.
-----
In California, children speak over 60 different languages. Of course, a very high percentage speaks Spanish, but among the most popular languages are Vietnamese, Filipino, Arabic and Punjabi. Those groups, too, might demand specialized native-tongue instruction. Such programs would put an enormous cost burden on California’s already stressed school system. Also, it is hard to imagine that there would be consistent quality among instructors; hiring a Russian geometry teacher would be an accomplishment, regardless of competence.    

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2015/09/09/Bi-Lingual-Education-Making-Kids-Functionally-Illiterate

IQ in “Western Nations” Dropping as Percentage of Whites Shrink

Although the drop in IQ levels was recently presented in the controlled media (and the Daily Mail in particular) as some type of mysterious drop to which no easily-identifiable cause could be attributed, the decreased IQ is obviously the product of mass Third World immigration from countries with much lower IQs.

According to the statistics, IQ test results in the UK, Denmark, and Australia have shown a significant decline in the past decade alone, and the average IQ of “Westerners” has plunged 10 points or more since 1900.
-----
According to Professor Richard Lynn, author of IQ and the Wealth of Nations, a decline in “humans’ genetic potential” is the root cause of the problem. His data has shown that the world’s average IQ has dropped by one point between 1950 and 2000—but that this decline has not taken place in Second or Third World nations. In those countries, the IQ levels have remained more or less constant, and it is only in “European” states where the IQ is declining.

http://newobserveronline.com/iq-in-western-nations-dropping-as-percentage-of-whites-shrink/

On top of that, public school seriously sucks.
It did when I was there and I'm sure it's much, much worse now.
I'm not sure if it ever mattered if kids learned anything as long as they followed instructions.

@Lucy Barnable

The multicultural population issue has no doubt become a factor not only in our neighborhoods but our schools as well . I see it even here in my small town Iowa .

I don't mean to sound racist . 

And to I am thinking it's not so much of a IQ problem as it is a lack of proper schooling . Common Core school curriculum over the past few years has been a big down fall for public schooled education .

This is way I encourage home schools along with home cooked meals . 

We don't have good public schools anymore what we have are Government run concentration camps operating in stealth mode .

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, CSB said:

@Lucy Barnable

The multicultural population issue has no doubt become a factor not only in our neighborhoods but our schools as well . I see it even here in my small town Iowa .

I don't mean to sound racist . 

And to I am thinking it's not so much of a IQ problem as it is a lack of proper schooling . Common Core school curriculum over the past few years has been a big down fall for public schooled education .

This is way I encourage home schools along with home cooked meals . 

We don't have good public schools anymore what we have are Government run concentration camps operating in stealth mode .

Homeschooling is the way to go.
Public schools are dangerous places.
Not only physically but emotionally as well.

School crime

Violent Deaths at School

Between July 1, 2011 and June 30, 2012, there were a total of 45 school-associated violent deaths in elementary and secondary schools in the United States. Of the 45 student, staff, and nonstudent school-associated violent deaths occurring during this time span, there were 26 homicides, 14 suicides, and 5 legal interventions.

Nonfatal Student Victimization–Student Reports

For students ages 12–18, the rate of violent victimization in 2013 was higher at school than away from school. The 2013 violent victimization rates were 37 per 1,000 students at school and 15 per 1,000 students away from school. This difference was driven primarily by higher rates of simple assault at school. In 2013, students ages 12–18 experienced about 1,420,900 nonfatal victimizations (theft and violent victimization) at school, compared with about 778,500 nonfatal victimizations away from school. These figures represent total crime victimization rates of 55 victimizations per 1,000 students at school and 30 per 1,000 students away from school.

https://nces.ed.gov/fastfacts/display.asp?id=49

@Lucy Barnable

I am glad I am not in public school now days . Not only would I be dumber that a box of rocks I may not get out alive .

Sad in America and it's going to just get worse .

1 minute ago, CSB said:

Sad in America and it's going to just get worse .

It is. I really feel bad for kids who are forced to go school nowadays.
The things they have to deal with there will affect the rest of there lives.
If they can't read or do simple math the chance of success is next to none.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.