Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Malevolent

“I Only Submitted Facts:” #Monsanto

12 posts in this topic

In a world where corporations count as people and newspapers and TV programs bend over backwards to keep their big money advertisers happy, what happened to Iowa cartoonist Rick Friday hardly comes as a surprise.

But in a different world where things like freedom of expression, freedom of the press, and common sense still matter, it’s hard to fathom how the 21-year veteran could lose his job simply for printing the facts.

Friday, who has published over 1,090 cartoons for Farm News, a publication catering to over 24,000 households and 33 counties in Iowa, took to Facebook on Saturday, April 30 to express his frustration over being fired by the newspaper — simply for publishing a cartoon based on facts a certain agrochemical corporation did not like:

“Again, I fall hard in the best interest of large corporations. I am no longer the Editorial Cartoonist for Farm News due to the attached cartoon which was published yesterday,” Friday said.

“Apparently a large company affiliated with one of the corporations mentioned in the cartoon was insulted and canceled their advertisement with the paper, thus, resulting in the reprimand of my editor and cancellation of It’s Friday cartoons after 21 years of service and over 1090 published cartoons to over 24,000 households per week in 33 counties of Iowa.”

- See more at: http://althealthworks.com/10104/i-only-submitted-facts-in-my-cartoon-iowa-man-fired-after-21-years-over-controversial-monsanto-cartoon/?c=ngr#sthash.yxuvDI23.dpuf

Monsanto truly have the world in their pockets - especially the US government.

1 person likes this

8 hours ago, FalkeAuge said:

Monsanto truly have the world in their pockets - especially the US government.

So many people losing their jobs because of different types of power pushing them out, PC stuff and Corporate garbage. France just got rid of Monsanto didn't they? 

I rarely use the word evil but it fits for Monsanto.
I like this interview with a Monsanto spokesman.
He claims roundup is safe to drink and then calls the guy a jerk when he offers to get him a glass.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

I rarely use the word evil but it fits for Monsanto.
I like this interview with a Monsanto spokesman.
He claims roundup is safe to drink and then calls the guy a jerk when he offers to get him a glass.

Every now and then we get to see them squirm.  That told me all I need to know about that. He should have said, oh, I don't care for the taste? hahaha

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Every now and then we get to see them squirm.  That told me all I need to know about that. He should have said, oh, I don't care for the taste? hahaha

He was squirming there alright! "I'd be happy to but no not really".
"People try to commit suicide with it and it fails fairly regularly."
I wonder if he still has his job. lol

1 person likes this

@FalkeAuge

I have considered many times to pick on Monsanto big time but they mite use RoundUp herbicide on me .  :huh:

7 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

The "enlightened" few should band together, get the total board of Evilsanto and make them drink the Rounup cocktail - could even alter the taste by using it as a mix for a nice shot of Redheart Rum!

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, CSB said:

@FalkeAuge

I have considered many times to pick on Monsanto big time but they mite use RoundUp herbicide on me .  :huh:

I would not put it past them - they obviously have access to the vast state machinery including law-enforcement etc.. 

1 person likes this

Indian Farmers are Committing Suicide because of Monsanto's costly GMO Crops

Monsanto’s GMO crops were supposed to feed the world hunger and starvation but instead the diverse sustainable organic agriculture was replaced with globalization, GMO crops and monopoly.

According to a report by Daily Mail, every 30 minutes an Indian farmer commits suicide as a result of Monsanto’s GMO crops. In the last decade, more than 250,000 Indian farmers have killed themselves because of Monsanto’s costly seeds and pesticides. Globalization and monopoly have forced farmers to buy GMO seeds and since GMO crops have become pest resistant, the farmers have no choice but to purchase Monsanto’s popular herbecide.

In 2008, the Daily Mail called the continuous suicide of Indian farmers a “genocide” in the human history. What’s really disturbing is that often time farmers commit suicide by drinking the insecticide shipped to them by Monsanto. Here is the full article

- See more at:http://www.seattleorganicrestaurants.com/vegan-whole-foods/indian-farmers-committing-suicide-monsanto-gm-crops/

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.