Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Lucy Barnable

Texas man’s life ruined by undocumented sex offender who stole his identity

22 posts in this topic

A decades-long ordeal ruined a Texas man, but his life might start to get better now that the convicted sex offender in Kansas who stole his identity has pleaded guilty to misusing a Social Security number.

After years of fighting, Marcus Calvillo almost gave up on trying to clear his name. Then he read an Associated Press story about a case in 2013 in which a Houston teacher's entire identity was stolen. Calvillo contacted the federal prosecutor in Wichita who was involved in that case, Assistant U.S. Attorney Brent Anderson, hoping the official might help him as well.

"I don't know of a case where the theft of an identity had a more devastating impact than this one," Anderson said of Calvillo's plight.

The guilty plea Monday from Fernando Neave-Ceniceros, a 41-year-old convicted child sex offender and Mexican national, will help untangle the impostor's long criminal history and begin to repair the havoc left behind for Calvillo, the man whose identity he assumed.
-----
Calvillo, who prosecutors say has no criminal record, began rebuilding his life after the government found him an alternative Social Security number.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2016/05/04/texas-mans-life-ruined-by-undocumented-sex-offender-who-stole-his-identity/?intcmp=hplnws

1 person likes this

IRS chief: Agency encourages illegal immigrant theft of SSNs to file tax returns

IRS Commissioner John Koskinen made the statement in response to a question from Sen. Dan Coats, R-Ind., during a session of the Senate Finance Committee about why the IRS appears to be collaborating with taxpayers who file tax returns using fraudulent information. Coats said that his staff had discovered the practice after looking into agency procedures.

"What we learned is that ... the IRS continues to process tax returns with false W-2 information and issue refunds as if they were routine tax returns, and say that's not really our job," Coats said. "We also learned the IRS ignores notifications from the Social Security Administration that a name does not match a Social Security number, and you use your own system to determine whether a number is valid."
-----
They're paying taxes. It's in everybody's interest to have them pay the taxes they owe."

As long as the information is being used only to fraudulently obtain jobs, Koskinen said, rather than to claim false tax returns, the agency has an interest in helping them. "The question is whether the Social Security number they're using to get the job has been stolen. It's not the normal identity theft situation," he said.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/irs-chief-agency-encourages-illegal-immigrant-theft-of-ssns-to-file-tax-returns/article/2588288

They all should be in prison for this.
It's against the law to knowingly harbor or contribute to illegal aliens in any way.
Peoples lives are being destroyed by this and the government is directly culpable.

Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

Marcus Calvillo

Sounds Hispanic to me . I wonder what a Hispanic person would look like with a Caucasian name like Smith or jones .

Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

As long as the information is being used only to fraudulently obtain jobs, Koskinen said, rather than to claim false tax returns, the agency has an interest in helping them.

Da  My question would be . How can a identity be in two different parts of a country at the same time .  

Just think what a cluster f*** this is going to cause people when they try to collect a social security check if someone has been paying in under their number. What are they going to do? Go to court and make the pensioner wait until they figure it all out or what?  Also, I just read somewhere that they don't even notify you if your number is being used by someone else. 

You know it's pretty bad when the news is more satirical than actual satire. These people are out of their friggin minds. When did you ever have the IRS kissing your butt like that? I can answer for you: NEVER! 

Posted (edited)

49 minutes ago, CSB said:

Sounds Hispanic to me . I wonder what a Hispanic person would look like with a Caucasian name like Smith or jones .

I've seen it with a German name.
Clearly a stolen SS card because she couldn't pronounce it.

47 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Just think what a cluster f*** this is going to cause people when they try to collect a social security check if someone has been paying in under their number. What are they going to do? Go to court and make the pensioner wait until they figure it all out or what?  Also, I just read somewhere that they don't even notify you if your number is being used by someone else. 

No kidding! This is from last year but it still blows my mind.

Social security numbers active for 6.5 million people aged 112

Americans are getting older, but not this old: Social Security records show that 6.5 million people in the U.S. have reached the ripe old age of 112.

In reality, only few could possibly be alive. As of last fall, there were only 42 people known to be that old in the entire world.

But Social Security does not have death records for millions of these people, with the oldest born in 1869, according to a report by the agency’s inspector general. 

Only 13 of the people are still getting Social Security benefits, the report said. But for others, their Social Security numbers are still active, so a number could be used to report wages, open bank accounts, obtain credit cards or claim fraudulent tax refunds.

“That is a real problem,” said Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis. “When you have a fake Social Security number, that’s what allows you to fraudulently do all kinds things, claim things like the earned income tax credit or other tax benefits.”

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/death-stop-social-security-payments/

Edited by Lucy Barnable
1 person likes this

:DWsKVPL: If I steal someone's identity :rJwJ7w9:  would I be able to collect two social security checks; mine and theirs ? I need to pay for these new computers I have on order !   

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, CSB said:

:DWsKVPL: If I steal someone's identity :rJwJ7w9:  would I be able to collect two social security checks; mine and theirs ? I need to pay for these new computers I have on order !   

Only if you are an illegal alien. Otherwise, NO!  lol

I knew of a girl who was so proud of the fact that she was able to scam the government out of 256 obama phones, and every one connected and working. Of course, she was selling them to supplement her food stamps and welfare check.

25 minutes ago, CSB said:

I'm going to make my own. :biggrin:
Thanks to Guitar Doc for the idea.

4 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

I knew of a girl who was so proud of the fact that she was able to scam the government out of 256 obama phones, and every one connected and working. Of course, she was selling them to supplement her food stamps and welfare check.

If I was a snitch I would have turned her in....but is that really being a snitch when it's that many phones and she's stealing from me and you? 

Posted (edited)

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

If I was a snitch I would have turned her in....but is that really being a snitch when it's that many phones and she's stealing from me and you? 

I didn't know her personally. She was on a youtube video. Wasn't even concerned about being caught.

The difference between me and her, since I'm now on disability for two years after my heart surgery, every other week I faithfully receive a letter with a form that I can fill out for my very own free phone loaded with 250 free minutes. I even have 3 different phones to choose from. I don't do it because I already have my own personal smart phone that I pay for myself.

I can just imagine when mr obama finally cuts everyone's entitlement, this ***** will be the first person to kick, curse, scratch, and fight because they took her free shit away.

Remember this one?

Edited by Cryptic Mole

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.