Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Informedconsent

Goodwill Investigation

6 posts in this topic

Agents raid Goodwill amid growing investigation into AbilityOne.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/04/us/abilityone-investigation-update/index.html

This is not a new story but the rabbit hole runs deep.

I did work for a Company called Abilities Unlimited.

They were unscrupulous when dealing with the disabled. 

If you look deep enough you will find appointments of 15 by the POTUS to operate those mentioned in the above link.

The services that they are said to provide do not describe anything they are know for doing from my experience with AUI or Goodwill.

For the disabled it is a slave labor disguised as a life skill learning program. $$$ 

My time sheet said, "Date of payment for services varies in accordance to availability of funds through Federal Reserve".

When I took the job I was interviewed by a local organization receiving funding from the state.

Convoluted isn't it.

Just the name of Goodwill is similar to the accounting term, misused to pay the pyramid guy at the top, $$$millions. 

AbilityOne and SourceAmerica, and many of the contracts they administer, are being investigated over allegations of financial fraud, operating illegal contracts, not employing the legally required number of disabled workers, bid-rigging, contract "steering," and possible racketeering, according to sources. The program is one of the nation's largest taxpayer contracts programs, awarding some $2.3 billion annually to contractors across the country.

Companies awarded the taxpayer-funded AbilityOne contracts are required by law to have 75% of their work performed by blind or severely disabled employees. But as many as half the contracts across the country may be operating illegally and not hiring enough disabled workers, inside sources tell CNN.

Hmmm... I just donated a bunch of stuff to goodwill and there's more that needs to go. :dry:

1 person likes this

On Friday, May 06, 2016 at 8:11 PM, Lucy Barnable said:

AbilityOne and SourceAmerica, and many of the contracts they administer, are being investigated over allegations of financial fraud, operating illegal contracts, not employing the legally required number of disabled workers, bid-rigging, contract "steering," and possible racketeering, according to sources. The program is one of the nation's largest taxpayer contracts programs, awarding some $2.3 billion annually to contractors across the country.

Companies awarded the taxpayer-funded AbilityOne contracts are required by law to have 75% of their work performed by blind or severely disabled employees. But as many as half the contracts across the country may be operating illegally and not hiring enough disabled workers, inside sources tell CNN.

Hmmm... I just donated a bunch of stuff to goodwill and there's more that needs to go. :dry:

Its a for profit corporation. They do employ the disabled, although the proportion I have seen is unknown. I have seen a camera zoomed down like 2 feet from the register from the ceiling down a pole. I guess they are really watching their money.

Posted (edited)

I chopse Arkansas for the fact it had only 1 physical business address.

Many states have several different filing locations and tax fronts.

Fiscal year ending   June    2014

Total Functional Expenses $21,988,473

Executive compensation $580,477 2.6%

Other salaries and wages $11,956,108 54.4%

All executive compensation show $.00 on all but for 3 executives.

06-30-13 thru 07-01-14

CEO          .79630  %             $1674.00

CFO        1.34350  %              $1532.00

COO        5.58513  %              $1619.00

Total        7.72494 %               $4816.00   

IF the COO compensation is a typo and should read .72494 %

Total         2.86444%               $4825.00

Executive compensation  stated by propublica 2.6%  $580,477

Other Salaries and Wages at the 12 locations averaging   $1,086,919.00 per location, per yr.

Fuzzy math, Fuzzy brain, My head hurts from looking at numbers.

https://projects.propublica.org/nonprofits/or...

This site has links to 2014 and 2013 Tax Returns.

Edited by Informedconsent
(sp)

Goodwill is just probably another money laundering scheme set up by just another group of Chosenites.

I still buy my Levi 401s there.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.