Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

My Computer and Road Trip

10 posts in this topic

I am on my steam powered laptop at the moment . Bouncing off of someones modem . 

I just got home from a month + long west coast road trip came back to Iowa vea a gray hound bus " Never again " to find that not only is my desktop is screwed up I find that it will need a power supply .

It's on order now . About a $100 bucks for a 1100 watt . Geeeesh ! I have had internet access issues to many times here the modem even has issues thats way I am on my laptop and its steam powered . I am thinking about buying a new Asus with Windblows 7 . Money Money Money I have spent enough to run for president ! :sad:

I had a great trip . Visited my kids , went camping in the Brothers mountains , went offshore fishing , Hanged out visiting old friends and even went sky diving in Shelton Wa . 

I still own wooden property there . I have a friend that will be living on it in the motor home that I drove out there for him . The property has a great water well with a hand pump

and large septic system and a cool garden . There was a house on it at one time it burnt down in the late 1980s . and this place sets on the upper Skok River in the woods 12 miles into nowhere . The trout fishing and hunting are to die for . There are elk, deer and even some wild hogs and grouse timber chickens .

My friend will enjoy it as I once did .

It was nice to get away from all the world's doom and gloom and the flat corn field state of Iowa; now I have some catching up to do .

I had no issues on the trip out other than the main generator quit in the motor home . $700 bucks and a hotel later I was on my way .

I never even had one cop stop me ! Nice trip . I did get into a few heavy rain storms .

I will be back here soon once I get my net back in order .

Ya I missed ya . But I was watching many of the posts here . Sorry for not leaving many comments or threads .

I was having some time before the SHTF . Yet maybe this year .

CSB .

Bring on the DOOM and GLOOM .

Note : in June I would like to take a trip to a few Oklahoma underground bases and see if I can explore as much as I can . I hope to be able to take some pictures and or videos . I will have a new laptop by then . I hope I don't get shot or imprisoned . :blink:

http://www.subterraneanbases.com/oklahomas-underground/

1 person likes this

Hey, welcome back.
:cheers:
Sounds like you had a great trip! Sky Diving?!?
I use to want to do that but I don't think I would now.
Washington is beautiful and the fishing is pretty good too.
I once traveled by grey hound, one way, and yeah... never again.
Sorry to hear about your computer, it stinks being without net.

The fishing would have been enough to make me want to go! Glad you're all safe and sound! 

Welcome back and hope you get your computer fixed soon.

Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

Hey, welcome back.
:cheers:
Sounds like you had a great trip! Sky Diving?!?
I use to want to do that but I don't think I would now.
Washington is beautiful and the fishing is pretty good too.
I once traveled by grey hound, one way, and yeah... never again.
Sorry to hear about your computer, it stinks being without net.

I got the new power supply today so my main desk top is up and running . At this point I am using my home modem how ever it has a few issues so it to will be replaced in the next day or so . 

Sky diving is something that I have always enjoyed . I understand that I am getting older but I had to do it one more time . My oldest son went with me and watch me jump he said he was wondering when I was going to pull the cord . LOL 150 miles per hour don't seem that fast in free fall  . I miss Washington state I had a great time there . I worked in Seattle for many years I do like that city out of all that I have been in . The north west corner of the state is beautiful .

Some people wounder what keeps me here in Iowa . I really don't know other than this is my home state , My father is still alive and I still have all my school friends here . And I can live cheap here .

Once one is retired many think life will be bliss the fact is getting older catches up to you and to you really are living on a budget .

1 person likes this

Just now, Cinnamon said:

The fishing would have been enough to make me want to go! Glad you're all safe and sound! 

Welcome back and hope you get your computer fixed soon.

Yes the fishing is awesome with a 8 or 9 foot fly rod . And trout for breakfast is bliss .

I have my main frame computer repaired I just had to replace the power supply . Done . I am using it now .

Now I have a new modem on the way being that the old one is starting to have issues . Then everything will be good .

I never left . I would check in some times just to see what is going on here but I want to spend time with my kids and friends . ConspiracyOutPost is like family to me .

And to I will be getting a new Asus Laptop and a new back up desk top tower . The laptop will be WindBlows 7; the desktop will be one that I will build from scratch I will install Ubuntu 16.04 just to have one .

8 minutes ago, CSB said:

I got the new power supply today so my main desk top is up and running . At this point I am using my home modem how ever it has a few issues so it to will be replaced in the next day or so . 

Sky diving is something that I have always enjoyed . I understand that I am getting older but I had to do it one more time . My oldest son went with me and watch me jump he said he was wondering when I was going to pull the cord . LOL 150 miles per hour don't seem that fast in free fall  . I miss Washington state I had a great time there . I worked in Seattle for many years I do like that city out of all that I have been in . The north west corner of the state is beautiful .

Some people wounder what keeps me here in Iowa . I really don't know other than this is my home state , My father is still alive and I still have all my school friends here . And I can live cheap here .

Once one is retired many think life will be bliss the fact is getting older catches up to you and to you really are living on a budget .

Nice. I'm glad you got your computer worked out.
150 mph... :scream: When I was a kid I loved cross county skiing.
So I though down hill would be great fun too. Nope, not for me!

The mid-west has it's charms. I found the people are friendly for the most part.
But I love the PNW. I love the weather, even the months of rain and grey skies.
The topography varies so much in a fairly short drive one way or another.

Retirement does sound nice but reality doesn't always turn out the way we plan.
Being flexible and adaptable is an important key to happiness I think.
The one thing you can always count on is everything changes.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Nice. I'm glad you got your computer worked out.
150 mph... :scream: When I was a kid I loved cross county skiing.
So I though down hill would be great fun too. Nope, not for me!

The mid-west has it's charms. I found the people are friendly for the most part.
But I love the PNW. I love the weather, even the months of rain and grey skies.
The topography varies so much in a fairly short drive one way or another.

Retirement does sound nice but reality doesn't always turn out the way we plan.
Being flexible and adaptable is an important key to happiness I think.
The one thing you can always count on is everything changes.

cross county skiing.

This would be scary to me . That tree just jumped out in front of me now I have a broken leg or neck now I will be eaten by a bear ! :unsure: 

I hope the bear will assume that I am GMO .

2 minutes ago, CSB said:

cross county skiing.

This would be scary to me . That tree just jumped out in front of me now I have a broken leg or neck now I will be eaten by a bear ! :unsure: 

I hope the bear will assume that I am GMO .

LOL 
The cross country skiing is done mostly on flat or mainly flat ground. Short, small hills are fun though.
The trees jump out and attack you while your flying down the big hills knowing you're eventually going to fall.
Then the question becomes will you be conscious or unconscious when the bear eats you. 
That is a good idea to make yourself unappetizing in case of bears or zombies...

How long does the sky diving drop last?
Do you have time to think about the splat at the end?

Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

How long does the sky diving drop last?
Do you have time to think about the splat at the end?

First question, Up to 60 seconds of freefall and 5 to 7 minutes under the parachute . But on the most part that depends on your jump altitude .

Next question, LOL I have had this thought and it's not good to ponder on it . One can forget to pull the rip cord . It would not end well .

17 minutes ago, CSB said:

First question, Up to 60 seconds of freefall and 5 to 7 minutes under the parachute . But on the most part that depends on your jump altitude .

Next question, LOL I have had this thought and it's not good to ponder on it . One can forget to pull the rip cord . It would not end well .

Neato!
That's a lot of time to look around and a lot of time to ponder well... yeah.
I think my palms would get sweaty and I wouldn't be able to get a good hold on the cord. lol

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.