Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

Chief investigator downplays possibility that Amtrak was hit by bullet

8 posts in this topic

PHILADELPHIA, May 17 (UPI) -- A lead investigator of the National Transportation Safety Board on Sunday downplayed the theory that an Amtrak train that crashed last week, killing eight, may have been struck by a bullet.

Train 188, traveling from Washington, D.C., to New York City, derailed in Philadelphia Tuesday after rounding a curve traveling more than 100 miles per hour -- more than twice the speed limit, investigators have said.

The board and the FBI are looking into the possibility that the train was struck by something before it derailed, after interviewing multiple witnesses. NTSB lead investigator Robert Sumwalt said Sunday that the FBI will be on the scene Monday to examine a mark in a train windshield.

"It looks like something about the size of a grapefruit, if you will. And it did not even penetrate the entire windshield," Sumwalt said of the mark on CNN's State of the Union Sunday.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015/05/17/Chief-investigator-downplays-possibility-that-Amtrak-was-hit-by-bullet/7261431888686/?spt=sec&or=tn

:DWsKVPL:

Gosh, it didn't go ALL the way through the windshield, so doesn't Count!?@#?!!#@ Sheesh! Maybe it startled the engineer enough to distract him and not handle the speed properly? Maybe he panicked and floored it to get away? Regardless, who the @#!@# is shooting at TWO trains???

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/18/us/philadelphia-amtrak-train-derailment/index.html  I might be mistaken, but the photo of the damage to the train's window is NOT the same one they showed yesterday. Yesterday, it looked as crisp, clear, perfectly radiating lines from a nearly perfect circular center - today, it looks like a hit from, well, a blunt rock. I'm SO mad I didn't save a copy of the original, because I'm pretty sure I'm remembering correctly.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.