Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Redlistvet

Any one recognize a pattern?

4 posts in this topic

Ok so this is off a video game, not real life.  Its a space simulator, a 1-1 scale of our galaxy. There's a station that has this strange noise coming from it. Only one station does this, no others.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WolfE3/video/17138738

Why bring this here, well I think there's more too it then just background noise. This game is famous for its political and military happenings.  The creators of this game have an "alien" back story that includes these.

These unidentified artifacts emit a sound that's a Morse code that graphs out to be a ship that is in the game.  

In not good at these kinds of things,  wondering if someone here can tell me if its just noise or something else.

Played the game when it was on the BBC yellow screen computer of the 80's. Then on the commodore 64. You started out Harmless and worked you way to Elite. The last three ranking were Dangerous, Deadly and then Elite.

It had an alien back story then. 8 galaxies fit on one floppy disc. The original was masterfully programed, came with a huge resource of manuals and even a 120 page novella to set the scene. Watch out for the Thargoids. They had their fear glands removed and would hijack you if you jumped sometimes.

Hidden things were a feature also and part of the novella story line. There were places in the game you could only get to one way and that was by being in the right place and flipping galaxies with the intergalactic hyperdrive.

1 hour ago, Redlistvet said:

Ok so this is off a video game, not real life.  Its a space simulator, a 1-1 scale of our galaxy. There's a station that has this strange noise coming from it. Only one station does this, no others.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/WolfE3/video/17138738

Why bring this here, well I think there's more too it then just background noise. This game is famous for its political and military happenings.  The creators of this game have an "alien" back story that includes these.

These unidentified artifacts emit a sound that's a Morse code that graphs out to be a ship that is in the game.  

In not good at these kinds of things,  wondering if someone here can tell me if its just noise or something else.

They are real i had a friend ask me about these. i don't have the game but i looked into it for him.

http://kotaku.com/months-later-elite-dangerous-players-make-major-disco-1736308597

So in short you can feed the signal into a scanner and get an image. easter egg fun!

I've never heard of the game before till I got it on Xbox one. From the research ive done on the game, the current developers have included a lot of the prior game lore into this new game.  

What I found strange is that this system is outside the current bubble of controlled space (no major government control) and is trying to be the first player power ie, new upstart group to be added as a major power. So when I found this it made me wonder if it was intentional. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.