Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

List of ‘Collapse’ Medical Supplies (And more survival info)

45 posts in this topic

I wanted to make this thread so we can add whatever we want to about survival tips. When I was looking around the net for info, what I'm finding is most of the articles were written a long time ago, but are still pertinent. I like this article because with this info you can treat a lot of different things and gives a ready made up list of supplies needed.  This thread is not just for medical shtf, it's for anything you can add that will help if things go dark on us. It does not take an ELE to cause us misery, there are plenty of other things that can make us wish we had made some preparations because in a disaster, the stores are not open to go buy what we need. It's easy to get complacent and some people think because nothing has happened yet, you're silly to make preparations.  

Things have happened and they're happening to people all over the world every single day.  Earthquakes, volcano eruptions, radiation releases, chemical pollutants and chemtrails.  Floods, droughts... they're all here now, maybe not at your house yet. Life usually changes in an instant. And that could be something as simple as losing your job. If you have never lost your job, you're lucky. If you have, you know how hard it is to survive while trying to get another one. Prep while you still have one, you will be glad for a food stash because it's one huge worry off your mind if you can feed yourself and family until something else comes along. 

Yes, it's THAT thread again. But it can't be stressed enough as far as I am concerned. 

Here is an extensive list of First Aid preps and medical supplies to consider, especially for SHTF collapse when medical help may not be readily available as we’re accustomed to today.

We posted this a few years ago, and I’m re-posting this for your information, interest, and comment – as it is still pertinent today.

by ‘Nurse Amy’ of DoomAndBloom.net

Here’s my list of Collapse medical supplies with natural remedies included (we should have these as back-ups or for first use supplies to save commercially made items!). Dr.Bones and I spend a lot of time and energy researching “back-up” plans for traditional medicine. We want YOU to have the knowledge to provide medical help if we have a collapse. I have planted over 60 different medicinal herbs in my raised beds and am learning how incredible natural remedies can be.

With the above list you can treat:

colds/flu/cough/sore throat/lung congestion
aches and pains
allergies/allergic reactions
skin irritations and conditions
digestive upsets and nausea
constipation/diarrhea
bug bites/ bee stings/ contact dermatitis( poison ivy/oak/)
burns/sunburn
minor cuts. scrapes and lacerations-including suturing
headaches, sinus congestion
ear/eye/dental issues
stress and anxiety
oral hygiene and basic dental tx
surface disinfectant
insect repellent
and wash clothes!

http://modernsurvivalblog.com/health/list-of-collapse-medical-supplies/

2 people like this

Natural anti-inflammatories and antibiotics --

- Colloidal silver

- marshmallow root (Althea offinialis)

1 person likes this

11 minutes ago, grav said:

Natural anti-inflammatories and antibiotics --

- Colloidal silver

- marshmallow root (Althea offinialis)

Oregano Oil from Doterra - I got a little left, man it is rough, usually put two drops in a foam cup on top of a half cup of water with that or more, I open my whole mouth so it does not touch my lips, chug! - it burns like hell, think Jalepeno hot if you get it on your lips. lol -  I noticed that if I eat a lot of inflammatory foods now, I get Pink eye, as well as with my eye going red, everything constricting, squeezing the eyeball. Very painful. I lost a little vision in my eye because of this, but if I stay off the sugars, it gets better. Motrin or NSAID's help as well, but they are not good for you long term. Diet, workout, hit it with oregano oil, NSAID pill, and get rid of body inflammation quick!

I would high suggest you cut down on sugar intake / sweets. =)

1 person likes this

Well here we are years later with all our stuff that takes a lot of room to store! I realized I can grow most herbs so storage is for stuff that I can't.

If you don't have roses for the hips then Vitamin C. Nostradamus helped people survive the plague with rose hips but can also be bought in bulk (frontier coop)

Activated charcoal and bentonite clay - must haves for food poisoning, e.coli, dysentery, botulism or should you drink questionable water that you didn't filter. Oh yeah, the filter is a must have......run creek water through a simple sand and gravel filter before you run it through the Berkey. Bleach and pool shock are good but degrade faster than the Berkey. Oh, clay can help you keep a limb before it goes gangrene and also useful in spider and snake bites or to pull infection from a rotten tooth.

You should always have silver whether you make it into colloidal or not! Before stainless steel people used silverware as utensils and not because it was pretty.

Cayenne - stops bleeding and essential for heart attack. Extract is best but you can grow your own peppers and grind them into powder. Even hot sauce will do in a pinch!

Id space permits, fish antibiotics (penicillin) and Cipro should you not be a believer in natural medicine. In prior wars, nurses washed bandages and let them dry on the line and we'll do that again, water permitting. I live in a state with a high water table so it won't take much to drill a shallow well if need be and then I can filter roughly for water that doesn't have to be potable.

It's helpful to read historical accounts of how people survived past wars while sheltering in place. There won't be anywhere to run this time because the collapse will be global.

1 person likes this

Has anyone come up with a viable solution for TP? Sounds funny, yeah? But that is seriously serious! 

Research what the Native Americans in your area used.
The wild planets can be life saver and they're found all over.

Just now, Cinnamon said:

Has anyone come up with a viable solution for TP? Sounds funny, yeah? But that is seriously serious! 

Jehovah's Witness Watch Tower pamphlets.
:chuckle:

1 person likes this

Just now, Lucy Barnable said:

I shall start saving them immediately!  lmao!!!!

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I shall start saving them immediately!  lmao!!!!

When they come to the door ask for an extra one "for a friend". lol

2 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

I have some old bibles but I was thinking they would be good as rolling papers as the pages are thin. Didn't they use old catalogs in the outhouses?

1 minute ago, YourMom2 said:

I have some old bibles but I was thinking they would be good as rolling papers as the pages are thin. Didn't they use old catalogs in the outhouses?

I'll save the old bibles for smoking too but pipes are pretty easy to make.
Yeah, I think they did use newspaper or catalogs in the olden days.
Feminine hygiene products will be more of a challenge.
Tampons and maxipads will be like gold.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Lucy Barnable said:

I'll save the old bibles for smoking too but pipes are pretty easy to make.
Yeah, I think they did use newspaper or catalogs in the olden days.
Feminine hygiene products will be more of a challenge.
Tampons and maxipads will be like gold.

I think they did use newspaper and catalogs, but the paper is full of ink now. lol

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.