Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

Trump vows to put "America first" in foreign policy

9 posts in this topic

Here you go @Cinnamon - Just what you always wanted. =) - Now he needs to get rid of the Dual Citizenship thing you talked to me about.

tagging   @CGK @Lucy Barnable @Ukshep @rain  - Add someone you know to tag, to read this article.

Trump vows to put "America first" in foreign policy

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GOP_2016_TRUMP_FOREIGN_POLICY?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-04-27-12-04-37

-

By JILL COLVIN and JULIE PACE
Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) -- In a rare formal policy speech, Republican front-runner Donald Trump vowed Wednesday to put American security "above all else" if elected president, warning allies they would be left to defend themselves if they don't "pay their fair share." He also called for an easing of tensions with Russia "from a position of strength, only."

"'America first' will be the major and overriding theme of my administration," Trump said in a 38-minute address at a Washington hotel.

Trump - fresh off a sweep of five Northeastern primaries that pushed him closer to the GOP nomination - sought to expand on foreign policy views that have lacked detail and worried experts in both parties. Still, he left major questions about his proposals unanswered, including his plan for defeating the Islamic State group, casting his sparse details as a strategy for catching America's enemies off guard.

"We must, as a nation, be more unpredictable," Trump said. The businessman read his remarks off a teleprompter, a notable change for a candidate who typically speaks off the cuff and has mocked his rivals for giving prepared speeches.

Trump appeared to send a mixed message to America's allies. He doubled down on his previous assertion that other countries must contribute to international security agreements, such as NATO, if they're to get the benefits of American military protection. Yet he also assured allies that the U.S. will have a renewed commitment to its overseas friends if he's elected president.

"To our friends and allies, I say America is going to be strong again, America is going to be reliable again," Trump said. "It's going to be a great and reliable ally again."

He called for a summit with NATO allies and Asian partners shortly after taking office. And he made direct appeals to Russia and China, saying the U.S. and those world powers are "not bound to be adversaries."

I think it's fair to say Trump supports Israel.
Although he has said in the past he would be neutral on the Israel/Palestine conflict.
I don't know if he would change the rules some but I think I'd still play the game.
I do like a whole lot of what he's saying here though...
:DWsKVPL:

Trump: Obama Made Iran a Great Power at Israel's Expense
In first foreign policy speech, Republican frontrunner says U.S. under his leadership would get out of 'nation-building business,' vows to make U.S. allies bear financial burden for their defense.
“(Obama) negotiated disastrous deal with Iran and then we watched them ignore its terms even before the ink was dry. Iran cannot be allowed to have a nuclear weapon," Trump said at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington D.C.
"Under a Trump administration Iran will never be allowed to have that nuclear weapon," he added.
Trump blasted the Obama administration for criticizing Israel. "Israel, our great friend, and the only true democracy in the Middle East, has been snubbed and criticized by an administration that lacks moral clarity,” Trump said. "President Obama has not been a friend to Israel. He has treated Iran with tender love and care, and made it a great power," he said.
"Iran has indeed become a great power in a short period of time because of what we have done. All at the expense of Israel, our allies in the region and more importantly, the United States itself."
-----
Trump promised more military spending, and accused Obama of cutting it in real terms by 25 percent. “We will spend what we need to rebuild our military.”
Trump said the U.S. should be "ashamed" of leaving Christians in the Middle East subjected to intense persecution, "even genocide." "We have done noting to help the Christians, and we should always be ashamed," he said. 
The Republican frontrunner reiterated his promise that he would make U.S. allies bear more of the financial burden for their defense. Trump was stern in charging that American allies have benefited from a U.S. defense umbrella but have not paid their fair share. 
"The countries we defend must pay for the cost of this defense. If not, the U.S. must be prepared to let these countries defend themselves. We have no choice," Trump said. 

http://www.haaretz.com/world-news/u-s-election-2016/1.716698

1 person likes this

I can tell you right now that President monkey head or any other Libtard regime will ever, and I mean ever "put American first".

That be how they rollin.

Trump's 'America First' has ugly echoes from U.S. history

It is extremely unfortunate that in his speech Wednesday outlining his foreign policy goals,Donald Trump chose to brand his foreign policy with the noxious slogan "America First," the name of the isolationist, defeatist, anti-Semitic national organization that urged the United States to appease Adolf Hitler.

The America First Committee actually began at Yale University, where Douglas Stuart Jr., the son of a vice president of Quaker Oats, began organizing his fellow students in spring 1940. He and Gerald Ford, the future American president, and Potter Stewart, the future Supreme Court justice, drafted a petition stating, "We demand that Congress refrain from war, even if England is on the verge of defeat."

Their solution to the international crisis lay in a negotiated peace with Hitler. Other Yale students -- including Sargent Shriver, who served in the Kennedy and Johnson administrations, and Kingman Brewster, the chairman of the Yale Daily News, future president of Yale and ambassador to the Court of St. James -- joined their isolationist crusade.
-----
Seeking to brand itself as a mainstream organization, America First struggled with the problem of the anti-Semitism of some of its leaders and many of its members. 
-----
Donald Trump did not give an irrational speech on foreign policy Wednesday. Why then did he poison it with the sulfurous expression "America First," reminiscent of one of the ugliest chapters in recent American history?

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/27/opinions/trump-america-first-ugly-echoes-dunn/

:crying:

Because America first is His slogan.....also everyone but America has been first for the last 40 years.

3 people like this

44 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Because America first is His slogan.....also everyone but America has been first for the last 40 years.

It seems like they have huge teams dedicated to finding any flaw in anything he says... oh wait, they do!

1 person likes this

13 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Why then did he poison it with the sulfurous expression "America First,"

Sometimes words have too much power. I think/hope he meant just that, America First. Although if it was me I'd have said America 1st 2nd and 3rd. Interesting post Lucy, I didn't know that.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.