Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TearsForFears

EMP ALERT: 2 N. KOREAN SATELLITES NOW ORBIT OVER U.S.

25 posts in this topic

WASHINGTON – North Korea now has two satellites orbiting over the United States capable of performing a surprise electromagnetic pulse attack at an altitude and trajectory that evade U.S. National Missile Defenses, a national security expert warned in an interview with Joseph Farah’s G2 Bulletin.

Peter Vincent Pry told G2 Bulletin that the satellites can be commanded either to deorbit and hit a target on the ground or explode at a high altitude to create an EMP effect that would knock out the unprotected U.S. national electrical grid system and all life-sustaining critical infrastructures that depend on it.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/04/emp-alert-2-n-korean-satellites-now-orbit-over-u-s/

Posted (edited)

Folks Emp's are not this strong. A 10mt nuke would only effect a 10 mile area if air burst emp was employed

They would have to emp strategic power stations to disrupt the grid effectively

Edited by thedudeabides

4 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Folks Emp's are not this strong. A 10mt nuke would only effect a 10 mile area if air burst emp was employed

Yep... if they target a source of high demand area the strain(backfeed) on the rest of the grid would damage a lot of the components. For instance, if they targeted NY they could take out 1/2 the US power grid.

8 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Do you have a source for this bit of information?  

I only ask because every bit of information I've read (doesn't mean I'm right) seems to condradict your statement.  

I find hope in your comment, if true and would like to read more.  I've prepared for an EMP.  Which up to this point I thought would mean I was walking....

Posted (edited)

21 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

Do you have a source for this bit of information?  

I only ask because every bit of information I've read (doesn't mean I'm right) seems to condradict your statement.  

I find hope in your comment, if true and would like to read more.  I've prepared for an EMP.  Which up to this point I thought would mean I was walking....

You will hear many disparate opinions on this subject. When it comes to cars, most people say anything without a computer control will be fine (no EFI pre 1980). Some say it's even better to have no electronic ignition. So That puts it at around pre 1970. (Diesels have no spark-plug ignition system)

But, there have been studies that show this is mostly bunk.

Automobiles were subjected to EMP environments under both engine turned off and engine turned on conditions. No effects were subsequently observed in those automobiles that were not turned on during EMP exposure. The most serious effect observed on running automobiles was that the motors in three cars stopped at field strengths of approximately 30 kV/m or above. In an actual EMP exposure, these vehicles would glide to a stop and require the driver to restart them. Electronics in the dashboard of one automobile were damaged and required repair. Other effects were relatively . Twenty-five automobiles exhibited malfunctions that could be considered only a nuisance (e.g., blinking dashboard lights) and did not require driver intervention to correct.

http://www.empcommission.org/docs/A2473-EMP_Commission-7MB.pdf

Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack

http://www.empcommission.org/index.php

Edited by VonLud
1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, VonLud said:

You will hear many disparate opinions on this subject. When it comes to cars, most people say anything without a computer control will be fine (no EFI pre 1980). Some say it's even better to have no electronic ignition. So That puts it at around pre 1970.

But, there have been studies that show this is mostly bunk.

http://www.empcommission.org/docs/A2473-EMP_Commission-7MB.pdf

Commission to Assess the Threat to the United States from Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP) Attack

http://www.empcommission.org/index.php

Thank you, Von.  I'll read through that tonight when I can focus.  

3 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Here's Bummer's answer...

"One of the things that we have been doing is spending a lot more time positioning our missile defense systems, so that even as we try to resolve the underlying problem of nuclear development inside of North Korea, we're also setting up a shield that can at least block the relatively low-level threats that they're posing right now," Mr. Obama said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-obama-north-korea-challenge-south-china-sea-aggression/

5 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Y'all believe this is real?

It doesn't have to be real for us to talk about it. Especially here. You know that.

3 minutes ago, TearsForFears said:

Here's Bummer's answer...

"One of the things that we have been doing is spending a lot more time positioning our missile defense systems, so that even as we try to resolve the underlying problem of nuclear development inside of North Korea, we're also setting up a shield that can at least block the relatively low-level threats that they're posing right now," Mr. Obama said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/president-obama-north-korea-challenge-south-china-sea-aggression/

Low level threat?

1 minute ago, VonLud said:

It doesn't have to be real for us to talk about it. Especially here. You know that.

Or at least until the power goes out. ...

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Hahaha... I wasn't going to go there...

I was thinking more in terms of a nuke launched from a cargo ship off the gulf of mexico.  

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, VonLud said:

I know that but I'm just making light of THE THREAT that is always around the corner. With all the money that's been pumped into the space program there shouldn't be any threats much less reported as "news." The USA supposedly has the best high tech stuff on the planet and has been developing super secret weaponry for decades and... and ...and a North Korean satellite strolls into orbit over the mighty and powerful America?

It's more theatre for the plebes.

2 people like this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.