Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
rbear

Cleveland Giving Family of Tamir Rice $6 Million for No Reason

21 posts in this topic

“If I had a son, he’d wave a gun at the cops. Then I’d sue the city for shooting him.”

Cleveland got six million problems, but a Tamir Rice ain’t one.

The family of Tamir Rice, the 12-year-old boy who was fatally shot by a Cleveland police officer in 2014, has agreed to settle a federal civil rights lawsuit against the city for $6 million, PEOPLE confirms.

Because of the settlement, the case will not go to trial, which would have reignited tensions about the fatal shooting and exposed Cleveland’s police force to scrutiny.

McGinty said that enhanced surveillance video shows that “it is now indisputable that Tamir was drawing his gun from his waist.”

Basically

Police were called when a Black “child” (he was 5’7″) was waving a realistic fake gun around

When the police came, he drew on them and was shot Pic of Gun

Blacks whined “unarmed teen” and a grand jury was convened

The cop who shot him was determined to have committed no crime

Family still wants money, so Cleveland just gives the $6 million while pointing out that no one actually did anything wrong other than the Black himself

etc cont

The reason government in Ohio is caving into the Negros demands is simply that Ohio is run by Negros and negroid mentality.

10 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

Negros and negroid mentality?  Simpleton thinking which plays directly into the hands of the elite who wish to divide and conquer.   Great job, cupcake. 

Divided?

We were never on the same page.

Troll much?

9 hours ago, Team Uzi said:

Divided?

We were never on the same page.

Troll much?

Not you and me, peaches.  The country... the world?  You fall right into their plans for the simpleton population.  Great job. 

Tamir Rice didn't break any law, it was an airsoft gun!  However, the cops who arrived on the scene also did no wrong as the information that the gun was fake did not get relayed to them by dispatch.  The fault lies with the dispatcher who failed to pass on the info that the gun was fake.

That's why the settlement was awarded, the PD, not the cops on the scene themselves, are responsible for killing a child.

3 minutes ago, Frankenstein said:

Tamir Rice didn't break any law, it was an airsoft gun!  However, the cops who arrived on the scene also did no wrong as the information that the gun was fake did not get relayed to them by dispatch.  The fault lies with the dispatcher who failed to pass on the info that the gun was fake.

That's why the settlement was awarded, the PD, not the cops on the scene themselves, are responsible for killing a child.

I would agree and disagree.The dispatch and the cops on scene are at fault.In America the first thought of the police are to use force(shoot first,shout commands while beating the suspect).where is the fluckin tasers,beanbag rounds.You can tell its a young individual with a gun.Keyword young as hell

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, yaknow said:

I would agree and disagree.The dispatch and the cops on scene are at fault.In America the first thought of the police are to use force(shoot first,shout commands while beating the suspect).where is the fluckin tasers,beanbag rounds.You can tell its a young individual with a gun.Keyword young as hell

Sorry, but I don't expect an officer to put their lives in danger on a maybe.  If it had been a real gun then people could have been killed.  While the incident is very sad, I can't blame the cops because I would have pulled the trigger too. 

3 minutes ago, Frankenstein said:

Sorry, but I don't expect an officer to put their lives in danger on a maybe.  If it had been a real gun then people could have been killed.  While the incident is very sad, I can't blame the cops because I would have pulled the trigger too. 

Damn I hate to agree with you, frank.  But you're right. 

I have a lovely idea, let's not point guns (real or fake) at anyone, much less a cop if you aren't intending on using it... problem solved.  

My parents taught me that when I was a child.  Go figure. 

1 person likes this

This is another awful precedent. Yes, mistakes were made. The gun looked very real. The boy was acting suspiciously. Why did he even have that gun?  Did the parents buy it for him? $6 million? For what? Imo, those parents were as much as fault as the boy. As usual, the taxpayers will fund the idiocracy. Judges and juries who award these settlements are hurrying us into bankruptcy. Don't forget insurance companies and lawyers who abuse the system. We are a nation of lawyers. That doesn't  mean the laws are good. 

2 people like this

3 minutes ago, grav said:

This is another awful precedent. Yes, mistakes were made. The gun looked very real. The boy was acting suspiciously. Why did he even have that gun?  Did the parents buy it for him? $6 million? For what? Imo, those parents were as much as fault as the boy. As usual, the taxpayers will fund the idiocracy. Judges and juries who award these settlements are hurrying us into bankruptcy. Don't forget insurance companies and lawyers who abuse the system. We are a nation of lawyers. That doesn't  mean the laws are good. 

On the money... as usual, grav.  

55 minutes ago, Frankenstein said:

Tamir Rice didn't break any law, it was an airsoft gun! 

False.

Criminal assault is generally defined as an act that threatens someone with physical harm. Assault can be classified as a misdemeanor or a felony crime.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.