Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DarkKnightNomeD

Severe storms to spawn tornado outbreak across Plains Tuesday

20 posts in this topic

Someone contact @CGK tomorrow and ask he if she is going to be alright.

Severe storms to spawn tornado outbreak across Plains Tuesday

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/severe-storms-tornadoes-to-threaten-lives-property-central-us-texas-oklahoma-kansas-missouri-nebraska-tuesday-wednesday/56888024

-

Areas from Austin, Texas, to Omaha, Nebraska, are on alert for a severe weather outbreak that is likely to feature multiple tornadoes during Tuesday afternoon and night.

The storms will threaten lives and property and are likely to produce the biggest outbreak of the year so far.

Families and individuals should finish their review of severe weather safety plans and be prepared to take action.

"All modes of severe weather are likely, including tornadoes, large hail and damaging winds," according to AccuWeather Assistant Director of Storm Warning Services Andrew Gagnon.

"The storms on Tuesday have the greatest potential to produce numerous tornadoes, including some strong [wedge] tornadoes that could be on the ground for an extended period of time," Gagnon said.

 

Read the rest on the link provided.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez, we had enough rain last week already. I had standing water in the backyard for 2 days. The clay, not so good when it rains hard. Thanks for the heads up....I get lazy and don't check the weather often enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I've noticed here in Texas, big hype seems to coincide with less severe weather.  No hype tends to coincide with more severe weather.  Either way, we're preparing to hunker down in North Texas...

To all those that may be affected by the weather, stay safe!

 

Edited by Walk Softly
Texas deserves a capital T!
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will be driven in it today, if it happens. Hopefully it will hold off until I get myself and car home and under cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Someone contact @CGK tomorrow and ask he if she is going to be alright.

Severe storms to spawn tornado outbreak across Plains Tuesday

http://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/severe-storms-tornadoes-to-threaten-lives-property-central-us-texas-oklahoma-kansas-missouri-nebraska-tuesday-wednesday/56888024

-

 

 

Hey DK..Thanks for thinking about me.

This is what they are saying for tonight..

1145AM: Severe Weather Outbreak Likely This Evening; Threat Levels Upgraded

<snip>

Current timing projections have the squall line moving into the D/FW Metroplex between 9 PM and 1 AM – and some storms will be severe. By midnight the squall line will likely be in or just east of D/FW and extending southeast into the southern Big Country and Hill Country. I wouldn’t be surprised to see much of the line severe-warned with a threat of damaging straight line winds and large hail

More:

http://texasstormchasers.com/2016/04/26/44449/

I hate this time of year because of these storms and no basement or storm shelter.  Im busy cleaning out the closet under the steps right now.  I put some blankets, work gloves, and a ski helmet in there so I can hide from a twister if I need too. Oh yea, and a bottle of Titos in case I get trapped in rubble. LOL

Every winter I swear Im going to buy one of those storm shelters that bolt down in the garage. Every spring I kick myself for not doing it.

I hear tonight is only going to be the first round of storms. More are forecast for Thursday and Friday. Dang!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, counterintelligence said:

Tornado watches issued for much of the target area.

Thank You...My weather band radio just went off with the watch. Im in the warned area so Its probably going to be a Loooooooooooooong night.

I just came up with a new line to add to those "You know You are a Texan If" lists.

You know you're a Texan if they issue a tornado warning, you quick open a beer, mow the lawn and throw down some grass seed because its gonna rain!

(I just did that! LOL)

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CGK said:

Thank You...My weather band radio just went off with the watch. Im in the warned area so Its probably going to be a Loooooooooooooong night.

I just came up with a new line to add to those "You know You are a Texan If" lists.

You know you're a Texan if they issue a tornado warning, you quick open a beer, mow the lawn and throw down some grass seed because its gonna rain!

(I just did that! LOL)

If you have a scanner, you might try to tune into the local or echolink storm spotter frequency.  Much more entertaining than NOAA radio (NOAH and the great flood, NOAA and the great forecast).  NOAA doesn't exactly give where the location of the tornado might be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang, I just heard on the radio they are closing businesses early because of the storm!

A large and long duration tornado watch has been issued for the Big Country, Concho Valley, and North Texas. This is a Particularly Dangerous Situation watch. Wichita Falls, Abilene, San Angelo, Stephenville, Dallas, and Gainesville are included in this watch. Giant hail up to the size of softballs, destructive wind gusts up to 80 MPH, and several tornadoes are possible. Some tornadoes could become intense.

http://texasstormchasers.com/2016/04/26/undefined-3/

I guess I better add a baseball glove to my preps under the steps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, counterintelligence said:

If you have a scanner, you might try to tune into the local or echolink storm spotter frequency.  Much more entertaining than NOAA radio (NOAH and the great flood, NOAA and the great forecast).  NOAA doesn't exactly give where the location of the tornado might be. 

I got a hand held ham radio. Once they start a spotter activation I will tune in! Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CGK said:

I got a hand held ham radio. Once they start a spotter activation I will tune in! Thanks.

I need to get me one of those.  I'm about 30 miles east of dallas.  Stay safe, friend!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.