Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

whats your favorite war-related movie of all time?

8 posts in this topic

mine has to be band of brothers. according to wikipedia:

Band of Brothers is a dramatized account of "Easy Company" (part of the 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment), assigned to the United States Army's 101st Airborne Division during World War II. Over the course of ten episodes, the series details the company's exploits during the war. Starting with jump training at Camp Toccoa, Georgia, Band of Brothers follows the unit through the American airborne landings in Normandy, Operation Market Garden, the Siege of Bastogne, and on to the war's end. It includes the U.S. taking of the Eagle's Nest at Obersalzberg in Berchtesgaden and refers to the surrender of Japan. Major Richard Winters (1918–2011) is the central character featured, shown working to accomplish the missions and keep his men together and safe. While the series features a large ensemble cast, each episode generally focuses on a single character, following his actions during certain events (for example, the Siege of Bastogne or Operation Market Garden).[1]

As the series is based on historic events, the fates of the characters conform to the persons they are drawn from. Numerous characters die or sustain serious wounds, some of which lead to survivors' being sent home; in other cases, soldiers recover under treatment in hospital and can rejoin their comrades on the front lines. Their experiences and the moral, mental, and physical hurdles they must overcome are central to the story.

i have the steel book version. i have watched this series over a hundred times. excellent ! highly recommend it!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/filepicker%2FJppREcp4SMmmEaCEN5aJ_band_of_brothers.jpg

mine has to be band of brothers. according to wikipedia:

Band of Brothers is a dramatized account of "Easy Company" (part of the 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment), assigned to the United States Army's 101st Airborne Division during World War II. Over the course of ten episodes, the series details the company's exploits during the war. Starting with jump training at Camp Toccoa, Georgia, Band of Brothers follows the unit through the American airborne landings in Normandy, Operation Market Garden, the Siege of Bastogne, and on to the war's end. It includes the U.S. taking of the Eagle's Nest at Obersalzberg in Berchtesgaden and refers to the surrender of Japan. Major Richard Winters (1918–2011) is the central character featured, shown working to accomplish the missions and keep his men together and safe. While the series features a large ensemble cast, each episode generally focuses on a single character, following his actions during certain events (for example, the Siege of Bastogne or Operation Market Garden).[1]

As the series is based on historic events, the fates of the characters conform to the persons they are drawn from. Numerous characters die or sustain serious wounds, some of which lead to survivors' being sent home; in other cases, soldiers recover under treatment in hospital and can rejoin their comrades on the front lines. Their experiences and the moral, mental, and physical hurdles they must overcome are central to the story.

i have the steel book version. i have watched this series over a hundred times. excellent ! highly recommend it!

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/filepicker%2FJppREcp4SMmmEaCEN5aJ_band_of_brothers.jpg

​I have way too many....more than i dare list.

​I have way too many....more than i dare list.

​would like to see your list..even partial list

​would like to see your list..even partial list

​Saving private ryan
full metal jacket
black hawk down
Pearl Harbor
Rambo first blood and others
Joan of Arc
Braveheart
Enemy at the gates
Platoon
Memphis Belle
Zulu
Red dawn (both versions)

1 person likes this

​Saving private ryanfull metal jacket
black hawk down
Pearl Harbor
Rambo first blood and others
Joan of Arc
Braveheart
Enemy at the gates
Platoon
Memphis Belle
Zulu
Red dawn (both versions)

​If i had to suggest one..... it would be joan of arc but i think its got another name now like the messenger. story of joan of something like that. imdb linkies http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0151137/

ooh memphis belle is another superb movie! omg enemy at the gates  with jude law and rachal weiz..superb. for a more comical approach, i suggest kellys heroes with clint eastwood and don rickels

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.