Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fourth echelon

‘King of the Blues’ Legend B.B. King Dead in Las Vegas at Age 89, His Attorney Says

7 posts in this topic

(LAS VEGAS) — Blues legend B.B. King has died in Las Vegas at age 89, his lawyer says.

Attorney Brent Bryson tells The Associated Press that King died peacefully in his sleep at 9:40 p.m. PDT Thursday at his home in Las Vegas.

The one-time farmhand brought new fans to the blues and influenced a generation of musicians with his heartfelt vocals and soaring guitar on songs such as “The Thrill Is Gone.”

King sold millions of records worldwide and was inducted into the Blues Foundation Hall of Fame and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

King played a Gibson guitar that he affectionately called Lucille and was not only the undisputed king of the blues but a mentor to scores of guitarists including Eric Clapton.

He was awarded his 15th Grammy in 2009 in the traditional blues album category for “One Kind Favor.”

1 person likes this

was shocked of the news. i refreshed the news page and the article popped up. yes, RIP indeed

My favorite genre of music is the blues,  always has been.  I listen to a program every sunday night from 6pm to 9pm that is old school blues.  They play a lot of BB King. 

Im blown away by this,  and deeply saddened. 

wonder how much his guitar would be worth in an auction setting hmm

​Whatever it WAS,  worth,  it now has just SKYROCKETED in value.  So has anything else related to his name. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.