Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
DarkKnightNomeD

Two puppies fell into a pit with a cobra. Then something incredible happened

8 posts in this topic

Clickbait story but it's cool.

http://brightside.me/article/two-puppies-fell-into-a-pit-with-a-cobra-then-something-incredible-happened-36155/

Read the full story on the link above.

-

A king cobra was sitting next to the two puppies! Amazingly however, the snake didn’t threaten them in any way. On the contrary, it seemed to be protecting them from the dangerous sides of the well, which were saturated with water. In the end, the puppies spent a total of 48 hours in the pit. When help finally arrived from the authorities, the cobra crawled to the other side of the well out of the way.

The puppies were not injured at all, whilst the snake was taken to the woods and released.

7 hours ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Clickbait story but it's cool.

http://brightside.me/article/two-puppies-fell-into-a-pit-with-a-cobra-then-something-incredible-happened-36155/

Read the full story on the link above.

-

A king cobra was sitting next to the two puppies! Amazingly however, the snake didn’t threaten them in any way. On the contrary, it seemed to be protecting them from the dangerous sides of the well, which were saturated with water. In the end, the puppies spent a total of 48 hours in the pit. When help finally arrived from the authorities, the cobra crawled to the other side of the well out of the way.

The puppies were not injured at all, whilst the snake was taken to the woods and released.

very coooool indeed!

I hate to ruin this cute little story about how this small-brained snakes killer instinct suddenly turned to love and protection for these two little puppies. Actually, that's not what happened at all. Lesson 101 in cold and warm-blooded animals. Mr snake is a cold-blooded animal which means its blood fluctuates with the air temperature around him. These creatures need to stay warm and usually do so in one of two ways. The first, spending some time laying in the sun, and two, huddling with other snakes, though I'm not too sure just how social rattlesnakes are. You may be surprised to know that only Mammals and birds are warm-blooded and all others like snakes, lizards, and all reptiles, fish and even insects are cold-blooded.

That deadly snake wasn't being nice or even protective knowing these were two helpless puppies. Snakes don't have the capacity or ability to think that way. This snake was only living up to its instinct by huddling with them to keep itself warm. You should only know just how cold and damp it can be down in an abandoned water well.

Posted (edited)

My Father used to tell me the stories about during WW2 how the snakes would slither into their sleeping bags at night with them to stay warm. He said, "you didn't dare move until the snake decided to leave." He fought in the jungles of new guinea where there were plenty of poisonous snakes.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

2 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

I hate to ruin this cute little story about how this small-brained snakes killer instinct suddenly turned to love and protection for these two little puppies...

The fact remains those pups got rescued and why do you presume everyone anthropomorphizes the snake's motives?

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, Brio said:

The fact remains those pups got rescued and why do you presume everyone anthropomorphizes the snake's motives?

My presumptions have nothing to do with anything when I am stating cold hard facts about something I know and understand well. Now you are being presumptuous when accusing me of anthropomorphizing this story. You're probably the only person here who would make such a silly and baseless accusation as to why I chose to tell this story the way that I did. You almost seem confrontational, or am I misreading you? Or perhaps you didn't like the use of Mr Snake because it caused it to both sound and seem too human? Either way, I am still laughing!

Edited by Cryptic Mole

3 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

when accusing me of anthropomorphizing this story.

Now you have that part backwards. I said you presume others automatically anthropomorphize the story.

1 person likes this

41 minutes ago, Brio said:

Now you have that part backwards. I said you presume others automatically anthropomorphize the story.

Pardon me...

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.