Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brio

$1,000 Gun Tax

7 posts in this topic

Liberals want to tax guns out of existence. It's obvious they have many plans and ways to remove guns from law abiding people but I haven't heard a single idea of how to remove them from the possession of criminals. 

Posted (edited)

This idiocy is not restricted to the USA - we have it even worse!  The criminals are trained and are well weaponized with modern gadgets.  Some are "stolen" forom Police who are as bent as a horse' shoe!  Some are robbed from victims.

Getting a gun license (permit) in SA is virtually impossible.  

Johannesburg – A total of 6 602 firearms were lost and stolen from the police in the past five years, civil rights group AfriForum said on Tuesday.

There were 3 576 firearms stolen and another 3 026 reported lost between January 2009 and June 2014, the organisation said in a statement.  

The bulk of those lost (1 073) and stolen (835) were recorded in KwaZulu-Natal.

The figures were obtained via a Promotion of Access to Information Act application to the police’s credit management division.

However, the police have refused to disclose the type and calibre of the weapons, information AfriForum intended approaching the courts to secure.

It also wanted to know the status of the investigation for every lost and stolen firearm since dockets had to be opened for each, AfriForum's community safety head Ian Cameron said.

“The police are of the opinion the request may cause prejudice to the defence, security or international relations of the country.”

SOURCE

Cape Town -

A total of 7 759 firearms were reported stolen in the last year by citizens, public institutions like police and military and private security companies, but only 473 were lost in the same period, according to a parliamentary reply by Police Minister Nkosinathi Nhleko.

Private individuals reported 5 194 firearms stolen, and 233 lost, while public institutions like the police reported 1 769 stolen and 199 lost.

Private security companies had a better track record in this regard – 796 firearms were stolen and 41 lost.

Freedom Front Plus MP Pieter Groenewald on Thursday said given there were almost three million private firearm owners, who among themselves lost 233 guns, the level of negligence stood at 0.007 percent.

“The Minister of Police and even President Zuma’s comments that there are too many private firearms and that it promotes violent crime in the country, is therefore totally untrue and shows… that they are ill-informed about private firearm ownership,” he said, adding more attention needed to be paid to eradicate illegal firearms.

The statistics on lost and stolen firearms emerged a few weeks after calls for greater gun control and the eradication of illegal guns were made in the wake of the killing of Orlando Pirates and Bafana Bafana captain, Senzo Meyiwa, shot during a home robbery in Vosloorus, Ekurhuleni, in October.

The SA Football Association wanted to have a statue built from destroyed guns and named after him.

However, in August the SAPS told Parliament it was struggling to fully implement the current legislation, the 2000 Firearms Control Act, amid staff shortages, lack of storage and a troublesome IT system which did not talk to other crucial systems, despite a R400 million investment.

SOURCE

Give or take an average of 14,000.00 in a year - enough to build an army of criminals.

Remember that this is a country wit 52 million people where less than a third are in a position to afford a gun..The legal owners are probably equal to the illegal ones...

This is total whitewash - it takes anything between 6 weeks and 9 months - depending on how the "inpector" feels and how "buzy" he is..

http://www.saps.gov.za/services/flash/firearms/faq_applying.php

Edited by FalkeAuge
Added link
1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

Some are "stolen" forom Police

I like the " " around stolen, I thought the same. An armed populace is a polite populace but when guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns. Trite but true.

It's not illegal to own an unregistered rifle in Canada, but good luck buying ammo. LOL.

1 hour ago, Brio said:

Liberals want to tax guns out of existence. It's obvious they have many plans and ways to remove guns from law abiding people but I haven't heard a single idea of how to remove them from the possession of criminals. 

I want to tax these anti-gunners out of existence! Must be nice to wake up in the morning and not have anything else to do than stick your nose into other people's business and figure out ways to take their rights. (actually not really nice, but a lazy existence!)

Well i can't believe they did not just do this first. We are so lucky they are incompetent at what they do.

God I hate liberal idiots. This will only remove weapons from law abiding citizens and not criminals. Wth goes on in their little brain heads when they think of these things. Besides if they would really sit back and think for a second and realize that a gun is only a tool. A freaking criminal set out to kill someone will do it by what ever means necessary regardless of its a gun a knife or a freaking brick.   But no they won't sit back and think they don't care about facts or researched stats they only care about their agenda as if they feel they are protected from the bs laws they attempt to create. But when seconds count and police are minutes away I'm sorry but I'm going to defend myself to the best of my ability with what I have at hand weather it's my trusty Glock 19 or a knife. I will not cower in a corner hoping not to be noticed by the big bad man with a black gun, no, I will face him or her like a man and fight till the death to protect myself, my kids, and others. A trained civilian with a gun is the only thing to stop a criminal with a gun when the police are minutes/hours away. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.