Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Rothbard

Big Science is Broken

28 posts in this topic

This won't come as a shock to people like me but the much touted "peer reviewed" science is a sham.

http://theweek.com/articles/618141/big-science-broken

From the article:

"Why, then, is our scientific process so structured as to reward the old and the prestigious? Government funding bodies and peer review bodies are inevitably staffed by the most hallowed (read: out of touch) practitioners in the field. The tenure process ensures that in order to further their careers, the youngest scientists in a given department must kowtow to their elders' theories or run a significant professional risk. Peer review isn't any good at keeping flawed studies out of major papers, but it can be deadly efficient at silencing heretical views.

All of this suggests that the current system isn't just showing cracks, but is actually broken, and in need of major reform. There is very good reason to believe that much scientific research published today is false, there is no good way to sort the wheat from the chaff, and, most importantly, that the way the system is designed ensures that this will continue being the case."

Science is just mere conformity to government funding bodies and the old and the prestigious?  That's just "conspiracy theorist" crazy talk.

3 people like this

Where science fails to have the answers, that's where the Spiritual comes in. People don't have to believe this, and I wouldn't really care either way, but the fact still stands that there is truth there for those who take the time to look for it.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Where science fails to have the answers, that's where the Spiritual comes in. People don't have to believe this, and I wouldn't really care either way, but the fact still stands that there is truth there for those who take the time to look for it.

What forms your spiritual basis? 

Posted (edited)

42 minutes ago, Rothbard said:

What forms your spiritual basis? 

Oh hell, I'm not sure where I would start. I am a Gnostic, but not left or right, but more in the middle, and not extreme Gnosticism. I am also a Zionist. Another whole story. Was raised by elders who taught me the unknown truths that are never taught to the everyday masses. Learned truths that hurt so badly, but truth never-the-less. Learned that what you have been taught in the schools and even in the Church was not always the complete truth. Learned the dark and light side of esoteric knowledge which ties all we know and understand about both the material and spiritual together. Learned the truth about the planets and all  the known secrets of the universe. I was taught from all the well known archeological digs, and what they really were all about. These are all my basis for my spiritual beliefs. Not what most people base what they believe on. I have learned a much more rich and ancient history than most others. I can continue on indefinitely. If you ask me, perhaps I can tell you what you want to know, but some things I cannot talk about here.

Edited by Cryptic Mole
1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, Rothbard said:

This won't come as a shock to people like me but the much touted "peer reviewed" science is a sham.

http://theweek.com/articles/618141/big-science-broken

From the article:

"Why, then, is our scientific process so structured as to reward the old and the prestigious? Government funding bodies and peer review bodies are inevitably staffed by the most hallowed (read: out of touch) practitioners in the field. The tenure process ensures that in order to further their careers, the youngest scientists in a given department must kowtow to their elders' theories or run a significant professional risk. Peer review isn't any good at keeping flawed studies out of major papers, but it can be deadly efficient at silencing heretical views.

All of this suggests that the current system isn't just showing cracks, but is actually broken, and in need of major reform. There is very good reason to believe that much scientific research published today is false, there is no good way to sort the wheat from the chaff, and, most importantly, that the way the system is designed ensures that this will continue being the case."

Science is just mere conformity to government funding bodies and the old and the prestigious?  That's just "conspiracy theorist" crazy talk.

It has been like this since the 1930's when the industrialist took over science. From that point on heavily funded Science would have to be able to return a profit from their research. No-one is going to fund something they won't make money from. My friend is a Phd Physicist (he works on the project which discovered the "gravity wave" recently.) He says when he was a student he lived off the government which paid for him to live, he says he was a beggar. When he got his Phd he said he found he had become a sophisticated beggar. By this he was referring to applying for Grants to do research. He says if there isn't some way to make money from what you are researching no-one is going to give you money. Big Business controls science like this.

Before 1900 people did science in their barns after dinner. It was a popular hobby. As things progressed cutting edge science became expensive and individuals could no longer fund it out of their own pockets. This was the time period Tesla and the like entered. They couldn't afford to fund vast projects so they had to go to people like JP Morgan or Westinghouse etc. Those people wanted some return for their money.

At the university level the business funders did the same, but in exchange for their money they got to place the professors who espoused their new ideals in these universities (this is where all the left wing lecturers and professors came from wanting to change the social order of the western world, the sort of people who Obama and the Clinton's looked up to when they attended university, but they are not the only ones. Young people are very vulnerable to prestigious people's suggestions. You can influence generations of people's social ideas, educated people who will later become wealthy and be able to push those agendas ).

Despite this the Scientific Method as invented by Archimedes and Leonardo remains the same.

You have an idea (hypothesis).

You test it.

You look at the data.

If you can't prove it you have to try and disprove it (not all ideas or theories are testable currently).

If it can't be disproved it has to go into the box of genuine possibilities until otherwise proved or disproved.

Sometimes it wasn't all wrong so you reformulate your hypothesis and go again.

That is the scientific method and it has never changed. It requires scientists to have an open mind, it is against science to have a closed mind, yet today so many scientists do...until you prove it to them (took me 10 years of offering proofs to get my Phd friend to consider electromagnetic vibrational science seriously even though his Phd was in vibrational science).

The reason science is broken today is the funders of science. No longer it is for pure research and it hasn't been for 100 years. It is about profitable research. The smart scientists get a job working somewhere which gives them access to what they secretly desire to do by will never get funding for. They do they work on the low down as well as doing what they are paid to do. Then they leave with the horde of cash and finish their private research in such a way as to not give away that is what they were doing covertly all along (to stop their former employers from taking their work) and they publish and become famous. You will note very few have ever pulled that off...but many are trying as we type and read.

2 people like this

37 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

Oh hell, I'm not sure where I would start. I am a Gnostic, but not left or right, but more in the middle, and not extreme Gnosticism. I am also a Zionist. Another whole story. Was raised by elders who taught me the unknown truths that are never taught to the everyday masses. Learned truths that hurt so badly, but truth never-the-less. Learned that what you have been taught in the schools and even in the Church was not always the complete truth. Learned the dark and light side of esoteric knowledge which ties all we know and understand about both the material and spiritual together. Learned the truth about the planets and all  the known secrets of the universe. I was taught from all the well known archeological digs, and what they really were all about. These are all my basis for my spiritual beliefs. Not what most people base what they believe on. I have learned a much more rich and ancient history than most others. I can continue on indefinitely. If you ask me, perhaps I can tell you what you want to know, but some things I cannot talk about here.

Do you have the holy spirit?

Posted (edited)

8 minutes ago, thedudeabides said:

Do you have the holy spirit?

How does one even define this idea? By speaking in tongues and yet unknown Heavenly languages?  I am told the spirit of God, the one and only I Am That I Am resides within all things. Within the living and the nonliving alike. I search not for something and where it is when I already know it, and it knows me!

Edited by Cryptic Mole
1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

How does one even define this idea? By speaking in tongues and yet unknown Heavenly languages?  I am told the spirit of God, the one and only I Am That I Am resides within all things. Within the living and the nonliving alike. I search not for something and where it is when I already know it, and it knows me!

We as man are all made in Gods image. That is our spirits. Not this shell we reside within. The holy spirit is something else altogether.

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, thedudeabides said:

We as man are all made in Gods image. That is our spirits. Not this shell we reside within. The holy spirit is something else altogether.

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. Genesis 1:26 kjv

What you have said is not what this means. 

Define Likeness: A Representation of... Good enough to be placed in charge of... and have dominion over...

Let us make man a representative...

Let us make man a representative... for God and those who sit at his side at the Throne...

Us/those who sit at his (God) side at the throne... 

"Likeness" in this verse means "Representation "

To be like "US" in charge or care of.

How does spirit have anything to do with having dominion over the creatures of the earth? It doesn't.

As a representative of God and given the authority over all of the earth means to be placed in care of, or in charge of.

It's not really hard to understand. The confusion is in the word "Likeness" and which in this case does not mean the same as in appearance whether in the flesh or even in spirit. It means to be given the same authority. God's likeness is his authority to make us his representatives.

Sadly, not everyone's eyes are open to these truths because the Biblical translations were not accurate and also many times intentionally changed to convey a different meaning or watered down message. Those who watch have left nothing to chance. And, they have certainly left no stone unturned!

Edited by Cryptic Mole
1 person likes this

8 hours ago, Cryptic Mole said:

This makes you think, doesn't it?  Yes there will be answers a plenty and theories and hypothesis and, and - but the fact remains that there is an anomaly...in the theory.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CgY04seUUAE9Erw.jpg

How did God creep into the scientific method? 

Which God? Allah, Yahweh, Shiva? The Pleroma? The Someone Powerful?

A good friend has had nothing but disappointment and heartbreak in her life. She is the daughter of a Baptist preacher. Therefore, she is a Baptist. Her religion gives her comfort.

It keeps her going. She is cheerful and generous.

Christianity is a religion that has evolved (pardon my Darwinian pun) into a practice that is fairly benign. Well, benign compared to Mohammedism and Satanism.

Science is the new religion. Christians are often Sciencists. They believe the lies of the Body Scientific. Do all scientists toe the party line? Climate change, vaccines and pharmaceuticals, plate tectonics, the theory of gravity (and gravitons, OMG), Big Bang, String Theory? If they want a paycheck, prestige, and professional tenure, they go along to get ahead. If not, they have to hustle jobs from illegals, painting houses, doing sheetrock, flipping burgers.

Peer review, n.n.n, like partners in crime. 

"Eskimo: 'If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?'

Priest: 'No, not if you did not know.'

Eskimo: 'Then why did you tell me?'"

-Annie Dillard

Pretty much sums up religion for me.

It doesn't surprise me one bit science is for sale to the highest bidder. Credibility is a commodity.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.