Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

All lives matter — not just black ones

12 posts in this topic

Simply because someone does not support the Black Lives Matter movement does not mean that they are a bigot, racist or ethnically insensitive

Over the past several days I tweeted a link to my “Pink Lives Matter” article on Intellihub, and was met with a rather foolish response by someone who I assume considers herself a Social Justice Warrior (SJW).

Unfortunately these days in the U.S., being an “SJW” seems like an excuse to self-elevate one’s importance and allow for reverse discrimination in many cases.

This so-called SJW told me that my comments on Twitter regarding black-white dynamics demonstrated my ignorance towards “racial disparity.” That is a funny comment to make to a white fella who lived in all-black countries for more than 20% of his life and went weeks or months without seeing another white person. I also married a black woman, adore different African cultures and socially interface more with Africans and blacks of Caribbean descent more than I do white Americans. And yet I am still a “bigot” and “racist.”

To start, let me say that most of the Africans and Haitians I know do not support the Black Lives Matter movement and feel that it is an excuse for demanding hand-outs and inciting violence. Most of these people grew up much. much poorer than the average African American.

In some areas of Haiti and Africa, the average income is less than $1000 a year and children start helping their families earn money at 8 or 9 years of age. They don’t have a television and their dinner usually consists of staples like rice, yam or locally-produced porridge (and they still don’t kill each other over a pair of shoes).

Yet when these people arrive in the United States with almost nothing, within a few years they are usually success stories. Haitians, glad for the opportunity to work, will take on three jobs at once, their children are at the top of their classes in school, and they often refuse to receive welfare, as they feel it is beneath them. Within their strong value system, that would be an embarrassment to the entire family. They are not familiar with the U.S., they were not brought up speaking English and yet they still succeed.

Are they smarter than African Americans? Heck no. There are plenty of geniuses in the A.A. community. Intelligence and success are neither race- nor ethnicity-specific.

Source: https://www.intellihub.com/all-lives-matter-not-just-black-ones/

I think this article hits a few points that need to be addressed!

3 people like this

People have been abused by cops, government, religion, the school system and just about anything else that forms an organization of sorts. Not just black people. All people!  Of course, in the crony capitalism U.S., if you have money, you can buy your way out of a lot of things.  But the fact is, most people are not that rich.  So we all end up at the mercy of these people when confronted.

I live in an area where there are blacks, hispanics and whites.  All are equally apprehensive when a cop pulls them over or gets behind them and follows them for miles.  But, the difference is, these people are not robbing convenience stores, don't have warrants, have never been in trouble in their lives, are not beating the hell out of anyone that makes them angry, carrying illegal weapons or causing trouble. They go to work, come home and try to be "normal".  They are still afraid. Hell, I'm afraid too!  They wield enormous power. Just a speeding ticket here can keep you from buying groceries for an entire month if you live paycheck to paycheck. Anything above that and you will see the power of the state and make no mistake, they don't care what you did, they want to be paid for what you did. 

The militarization of the cops has put us all in danger, not just blacks.  The fear they carry around with them puts us all in danger.  They will kill ANYONE they think is a threat.  So BLM, either stop pretending only your lives matter or keep on alienating others who are walking in the same damn shoes you are walking in! 

1 person likes this

@Cinnamon  Problem is exacerbated by the MSM and libtards!

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Denis Diderot  (Go figure)

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, FalkeAuge said:

@Cinnamon  Problem is exacerbated by the MSM and libtards!

"Man will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Denis Diderot  (Go figure)

Hell yeah! 

They may be hard working but still not making enough money to keep their head above water. All lives matter but do we have to import people that are a drain on our already overburdened system? I'm sorry they were born in a shitty country but when all the waves of immigration came here a century ago they had to make it on their own. It was brutal but it also built character and guess who inherited that character? Their sons and daughters....Europeans, Africans and Asians and it only took 2 generations to change the face of America into a nation of entitled, whiny bitchez. Their hands are in the air waiting for the money to fall into them while their pants fall to their knees!

Characteristics of the Population in the United States with Haitian Ancestry

Total Population 830,000

46% Use Some Kind of Welfare Program

20% in Poverty

Sources: U.S. Census Bureau, 2010 and Center for Immigration Studies, 2010

http://ssrdqst.rfmh.org/cecc/index.php?q=node/447

African Americans were more likely to receive public assistance than other groups

In 2012, an average of 41.6% of African Americans received means-tested benefits each month. About 18% of Asians or Pacific Islanders and 13% of whites received benefits each month. Thirty-six percent of Hispanics of any race received government assistance.

http://www.cheatsheet.com/personal-finance/whos-on-welfare-9-shocking-stats-about-public-assistance.html/?a=viewall

In retrospect black activist and comedian Dick Gregory had made an appearance on the Merv Griffin show discussing the impact of negros on the society back then.  

Hey shep. Just read the queen backs brexit! Fingers crossed. She abused nick Clegg at the dinner table with everyone watching! 

5 hours ago, 2QIK4U said:

Hey shep. Just read the queen backs brexit! Fingers crossed. She abused nick Clegg at the dinner table with everyone watching! 

Looks like Brexit is set to fail im afraid! the shooting and death is cause for blatant twisting of the polls and people will accept it because someone died. They did the same thing with scotland minus the death ofc. Well the known deaths.

How DARE you! YOU are a bigot, racist and ethnically insensitive.... {/sarc}

5 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Looks like Brexit is set to fail im afraid! the shooting and death is cause for blatant twisting of the polls and people will accept it because someone died. They did the same thing with scotland minus the death ofc. Well the known deaths.

Hang in there... I bet they are just messing with the polls, and playing the US MSM tactics... I know a few Brits locally, and many are very awake, and saying that all their relatives in England are overwhelmingly pro Brexit! Don't let the polls dictate, use it to get the people out to vote! Best of luck, we are rooting for you!

Def agree about the Haitian comments. My wife is an American born Haitian but she's mixed(Haitian and middle eastern) so really light skin and beautiful lol. She isn't really sure which ME country her grandparents were from because they had to change last names and whatnot so I'm assuming Jewish because they left the ME because they were not Muslim.  I know her grandfather was a political prisoner in Haiti for speaking out against the hatian gov in the 70's. Not really the reason I think they are Jewish but I remember my wife saying something about her grandparents lived in Lebanon but had to leave in order not to being killed due to religion. But any way. Some of her family I met while living in Miami were doctors and lawyers and love the fact that they are able to express themselves and work the job they want in America. And most of them are republicans :wink: 

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.