Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
holographicINVASION

Straight Forwordness..

9 posts in this topic

straight

[strāt]

ADJECTIVE

extending or moving uniformly in one direction only; without a curve or bend

for·ward·ness

[ˈfôrwərdnəs]

NOUN

boldness or overfamiliarity in manner:

10 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

In space, there is no such thing.

:VzlHwzb:

Posted (edited)

I really love physics, but even physics doesn't have all the answers. In space, or anywhere for that matter, movement is only a perception, and as the old saying goes, "perception is everything." If you believe you are moving forward, well, then you are. At least that's what you would believe. If you are floating/moving forward, and at a fast rate in space, you say, "I am moving forward", but what happens if you quickly twist your body around and are now facing backwards, (or so it would seem) your body will continue to move in the original direction, but now your perception will tell you that you are now moving backwards. So which is it? You cannot even answer that question.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

You cannot feel movement in space, and the only reason you can feel it here on earth is because of gravity.

5 minutes ago, Cryptic Mole said:

I really love physics, but even physics doesn't have all the answers. In space, or . anywhere for that matter, movement is only a perception, and as the old saying goes, "perception is everything." If you believe you are moving forward, well, then you are. At least that's what you would believe. If you are floating/moving forward, and at a fast rate in space, you say, "I am moving forward", but what happens if you quickly twist your body around, and are now facing backwards, (or so it would seem) your body will continue to move in the original direction, but now your perception will tell you that you are now moving backwards. So which is it? You cannot even answer that question.

My roundish spherical brain has just lit up into neuronic splitfire at the suggestion of this question you have posed. :scream:

Just now, Full Throttle said:

My roundish spherical brain has just lit up into neuronic splitfire at the suggestion of this question you have posed. :scream:

The answer is that there is no movement. Only the perception of it. Some things can never be explained, but we know they are true. We know they are real. We don't always know how or why we know. We just know they are. Sometimes we get to peek behind the magician's curtain.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.