Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

18 posts in this topic

WASHINGTON — Saudi Arabia has told the Obama administration and members of Congress that it will sell off hundreds of billions of dollars’ worth of American assets held by the kingdom if Congress passes a bill that would allow the Saudi government to be held responsible in American courts for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

The Obama administration has lobbied Congress to block the bill’s passage, according to administration officials and congressional aides from both parties, and the Saudi threats have been the subject of intense discussions in recent weeks between lawmakers and officials from the State Department and the Pentagon. The officials have warned senators of diplomatic and economic fallout from the legislation.

Adel al-Jubeir, the Saudi foreign minister, delivered the kingdom’s message personally last month during a trip to Washington, telling lawmakers that Saudi Arabia would be forced to sell up to $750 billion in treasury securities and other assets in the United States before they could be in danger of being frozen by American courts.

Several outside economists are skeptical that the Saudis will follow through, saying that such a sell-off would be difficult to execute and would end up crippling the kingdom’s economy. But the threat is another sign of the escalating tensions between Saudi Arabia and the United States.

The administration, which argues that the legislation would put Americans at legal risk overseas, has been lobbying so intently against the bill that some lawmakers and families of Sept. 11 victims are infuriated. In their view, the Obama administration has consistently sided with the kingdom and has thwarted their efforts to learn what they believe to be the truth about the role some Saudi officials played in the terrorist plot.

“It’s stunning to think that our government would back the Saudis over its own citizens,” said Mindy Kleinberg, whose husband died in the World Trade Center on Sept. 11 and who is part of a group of victims’ family members pushing for the legislation.

President Obama will arrive in Riyadh on Wednesday for meetings with King Salman and other Saudi officials. It is unclear whether the dispute over the Sept. 11 legislation will be on the agenda for the talks.

A spokesman for the Saudi Embassy did not respond to a message seeking comment.

Saudi officials have long denied that the kingdom had any role in the Sept. 11 plot, and the 9/11 Commission found “no evidence that the Saudi government as an institution or senior Saudi officials individually funded the organization.” But critics have noted that the commission’s narrow wording left open the possibility that less senior officials or parts of the Saudi government could have played a role. Suspicions have lingered, partly because of the conclusions of a 2002 congressional inquiry into the attacks that cited some evidence that Saudi officials living in the United States at the time had a hand in the plot.

Those conclusions, contained in 28 pages of the report, still have not been released publicly.

<SNIP> 

MORE AT LINK!

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/04/16/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-warns-ofeconomic-fallout-if-congress-passes-9-11-bill.html?referer=&_r=0

Freeze it NOW! And sort the rest out later!  Saudi and those 28 pages are not going away.  This is nothing to do with justice and all about money as can be see by Obama's reaction.  Let them sell off whatever!  If it gets sold that means there are BUYERS!  That's what people don't seem to get when there is a threat of a selloff. If they lose profit when they sell, it has nothing to do with anyone but themselves and I have no f***s to give when it comes to Saudi Arabia because I know they were behind funding of 9/11 and in collusion with rogue elements in our own government.  I want to see those damn 28 pages NOW! 

So, those 28 pages are going to detail the U.S. government's involvement in blowing up those four buildings on 9-11? Yeah, right.

1 person likes this

9 minutes ago, Rothbard said:

So, those 28 pages are going to detail the U.S. government's involvement in blowing up those four buildings on 9-11? Yeah, right.

Yeah my thoughts exactly! There's no way in hell that those papers contain the whole truth. Some of it? Sure. Maybe. But all? No way! I sincerely doubt that those papers go into detail with the Bush/Cheney connection. No this is just more theater for the masses. Now that being said yeah there really is a document with all that info but it'll be destroyed before it sees the light of day.

1 person likes this

Pretty much tells me that their GUILTY!!! 

Of course they are guilty. Otherwise, we'd have seen those pages a long time ago. Liberty and justice for whom? Pretty bad when you have traitors on the inside that are untouchable because they are in a perpetual relay race and hand off the baton every election! 

Savage, Sociopathic , Psychotics.  At every level of society, top to bottom. From World Leaders to the local pastor and everything in between. 

4 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

Savage, Sociopathic , Psychotics.  At every level of society, top to bottom. From World Leaders to the local pastor and everything in between. 

Don't forget the indoctrination stations they run, gotta make people stupid enough to believe. 

6 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Don't forget the indoctrination stations they run, gotta make people stupid enough to believe. 

I got a Copy On that!! Ten four. 

Posted (edited)

US connecting 9/11 to Saudis makes me think they're next in line for regime change especially if this is MSM. With China pegging renminbi to gold, Libya and Iraq crude secured (more or less) Syria off limits and $20 trillion in debt, the only way to pay it off is to devalue it exponentially. Wiemar style. 80% of what the US owes is US$ denominated. 75% of what is owed to the US is foreign currency denominated. The US can (try to) take Saudi Arabia, Russia won't care, the world will dump US$ en masse, the US will send out a bunch of digital dollars that are completely worthless and nearly erase the US national debt. But they -the Saudis- still have all that oil and gold. hmmm....

Edited by Brio

I just saw this! WHAT THE ACTUAL f***!

As pressure mounts against the US government to declassify the 28 pages of the Senate’s 9/11 investigation, and as a new bill that could hold Saudi Arabia responsible for the attack makes its way through Congress, the Saudis are doing everything in their power to suppress the truth. That includes blackmailing the US government.

The New York Times revealed that Saudi Arabia’s foreign minister told the Obama Administration and Congress last month, that if this bill passes, they would sell off $750 billion in US treasuries and other assets. The bill would create an exemption in the Sovereign Immunities Act of 1976, which would allow the families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi royal family members who may have helped facilitate the terrorist attack.

If the Saudi government sells these assets before the law is ratified, then they’re safe from any potential lawsuits. However, selling them could also cripple Saudi Arabia’s economy, and many experts suspect that they are bluffing.

Source: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/saudis-threatened-to-dump-u-s-debt-if-theyre-blamed-for-911_042016

So in short Saudis Threaten to Dump U.S. Debt If They’re Blamed for 9/11! Which is well i do not have words to describe it other than.... well..... they are looking even more guilty.

I HOPE THE BILL PASSES! AND THE SAUDIS GET SUED TO SHIT BY FAMILIES OF 9/11 VICTIMS!

I guess this now means that Obama is now FULLY complicit in the coverup of 911!

The Obama Administration has been lobbying Congress to block a bill that would allow Saudi Arabia’s government to be held accountable in American courts for any role it played in the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

http://sputniknews.com/us/20160416/1038136433/obama-sides-saudis-bill-release-911-findings.html

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.