Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Cinnamon

The Art of the Con/ Spells/Spelling/Word Trickery

50 posts in this topic

We don't have to look far to see how the meanings of words can be distorted to convince people that black is white and vice versa. 

Acronyms are also used in this manner. U.S.A. PATRIOT ACT is anything BUT patriotic.  

Lawmakers DO make laws, but they really are PUBLIC SERVANTS.  Nice way to elevate yourself to stardom and make the people you work for, feel like they work for you. 

This is happening faster and more frequently. Slogans, usually 3 word catch phrases. 

Acronyms that instantly elevate your status simply from the similarity or sameness of the letters. BLM: Bureau of Land Management and Black Lives Matter. Without the original BLM, I don't think Black Lives Matter would have gotten anchored into people's minds as quickly.  Coincidence?  Are there really any? 

Look at the oddity in names of famous people:

"Gabby" Giffords, poster woman for gun control who can hardly speak because she was shot with a gun. 

Kash Kari: Bailout master... who helped Carry off the Cash

Bernie Madoff... who Made off with millions.

This list goes on forever. Again, coincidence?  Some of it, maybe. 

What do you think about it?  Words are spelled.  It's called spelling, witches (which) cast their spells do it with words.  

1 person likes this

"I'm not a crook" Richard Nixon

"Follow the money", popularized by All The President's Men.

"Voodoo Economics", a term used by George H. W. Bush.

"Are you better off than you were four years ago?", question posed by Ronald Reagan at the end of his debate with Jimmy Carter in 1980.

"I'm from the government, and I'm here to help", said by Ronald Reagan.

"Trust, but verify", used by Ronald Reagan when discussing relations with the Soviet Union.

Posted (edited)

"Read my lips: no new taxes", said by George H. W. Bush during the 1988 U.S. presidential election. (This was one of the biggest con jobs ever!)

"That Giant sucking sound", said by Ross Perot in 1992.

"I didn't inhale", said by Bill Clinton.

"It's the economy, stupid" was a phrase in American politics widely used during Bill Clinton's successful 1992.

Edited by Cryptic Mole

Cut and Run - used by Bush against people who wanted to get out of Iraq

Money is the root of all evil - no it's not, it's the LOVE of money. This misnomer has made people think being poor is a noble thing and to be without LACK is not. 

1 person likes this

oxymorons:

A Fine Mess

accurate estimate

active retirement

Affirmative action

2 people like this

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman", said by Bill Clinton.

11/14/2002, Donald Rumsfeld, Secretary of Defense “I’m glad you asked. It has nothing to do with oil, literally nothing to do with oil.”

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.