Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
rbear

Should men wear skirts?

7 posts in this topic

came across this..

Should men wear skirts? atm poll is 96% for

A skirt is not gender-specific piece of garment

It is a common phrase these days, but it is the 21st Century and people should be allowed to choose and wear clothing that suits their personalities. Why are skirts for women and pants are for both genders?
Why is a woman allowed to pick and chose between flat shoes, running shoes, construction boots and heels and a man is pretty much denied the same? How would any woman feel today if her employer will explicitly require her to wear only skirts and heels? Should it be sexist's opinion? Should it be harassment (or a form of harassment)? 
A man should be able to wear whatever he prefers and feels ready to wear. One condition only...Appropriate grooming is a must!

http://www.debate.org/opinions/should-men-wear-skirts

and this is and old one. I've been noticing last several years alot of this from the bigger cities as they dress like this often, so are easy to recognize.

Real men wear girls' jeans

For the more adventurous modern man of style, a stroll past lingerie, capri pants and halter tops to the women's jeans section just might be the ticket to a slimmer fit through the hips and thighs, thanks in part to stretchy Lycra fibers blended into the denim. That and an itsy-bitsy 3- to 5-inch rise -- the length from the top of the waistband to the joint seam in the crotch -- as opposed to the more modest men's version with a 10-inch rise

etc cont

--

Well if it goes the Target route, well then "there is no difference in the two". (Target recently changed their bedding for "all" instead of boys/girls/etc. It was said to have done the same with all of their toys, however I did not check stores to confirm.

Real Men Wear Shorty Shorts

etc

And they’re bbback: there was just an article in the NY Times about how James Bond was inspiring the gay community, and fashionistas, to embrace the shorty short. Thing is, they did at least a few years back. So did hipsters—I’ve got a great pair of shorty shorts, with swim liner, from American Apparel, and have for a few years.

And if the stylish gays and the stylish hipsters are into ’em, that means Target nation is only a couple years away. So get on the shorty short bandwagon now, and impress your friends. cont

Do whatever floats your boat, but stepping out like that, you better expect some backlash. Me myself, I could care less what others do, but for me, it's the old paradigm. Also, any company who requires the female employees to wear a skirt and high shoes has a right to enforce a dress code. They cannot allow everyone to run-off in different directions. It should be the same for everyone at that company across the board. No exceptions.

This thread is a gender baiting thread anyway, but I felt I'd give my own two cents anyway.

Deuteronomy 22:5 :lol_alpha:

But people should be able to wear whatever they've comfortable in without censure.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Headbangers

To answer, no. I mean, Brio is right, if that's whatever then whatever, but yeah, me and my house, we'll follow the Lord. 

The diffrence, the heatseeker begging to be recognized, i suppose, is that when an actor does something of that nature, it's for the preformance, not a desire of deception or sexuality. The stage is as old as man, and it shall be respected ^.^

The idea that clothes have a gender is stupid.

The answer is still no, though. When men wear skirts and cross their legs little bits could still be seen. Not really appropriate anywhere. Just eliminate the accident chance. No skirts for dude. Public indecency is still indecent.

8 minutes ago, Flat said:

The idea that clothes have a gender is stupid.

The answer is still no, though. When men wear skirts and cross their legs little bits could still be seen. Not really appropriate anywhere. Just eliminate the accident chance. No skirts for dude. Public indecency is still indecent.

How did body parts become indecent, anyway. Strange.

More girls should go topless. :cheer:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.