Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malevolent

And no one rocked the boat?

8 posts in this topic

Watch the video - Oh and the sincere congrats by the POTUS.. LOL

SOURCE

Kennedy Space Center, Florida. (CNN)If at first you don't succeed, try until you make history.

For the first time, SpaceX has successfully landed part of its Falcon 9 rocket on a drone ship. That occurred in the Atlantic Ocean on Friday afternoon.

SpaceX launched the rocket from the Cape Canaveral Air Force Station at 4:43 p.m., sending the Dragon cargo capsule to the International Space Station.

Elon Musk, head of the private space exploration company, held a press conference with NASA after liftoff to speak about the launch and the landing of the rocket at sea -- a feat that was attempted numerous times by SpaceX in the past.

"What was different about this [landing] is that the rocket landed instead of putting a hole in the ship or tipping over," Musk joked.

As humans venture farther into space, there will be benefits to landing a rocket in the water versus landing one on Earth.

"For half our missions, we will need to land out to sea. Anything beyond Earth is likely to need to land on the ship," Musk said, referring to the potential of future space habitats extending beyond Earth's orbit. Right now, ISS lies in lower Earth orbit. <More at the link>

Now that's just silly.

1 person likes this

How could anyone sane, watch that and think it really happened as presented? To me, its clearly a launch shown in reverse.

56 minutes ago, basil t said:

How could anyone sane, watch that and think it really happened as presented? To me, its clearly a launch shown in reverse.

I could agree! But i cannot! mainly because they failed... what is it? 3 times before success. Why make it look like they did it now? why not on the first launch? Believability?

22 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I could agree! But i cannot! mainly because they failed... what is it? 3 times before success. Why make it look like they did it now? why not on the first launch? Believability?

I think believability is the only answer. That and a test. ...See if people swallow that fake-as-hell crap.

I mean, people saw the World Trade Center towers fall over and over and over and still didn't think it was a controlled demolition...

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Because they were haemorrhaging investors? It looks totally fake to me too. They were failing so bad, that they pulled this crap to raise investor confidence. 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.