Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
BigRed

Magic Mushrooms Hold the Key to Pest Control

5 posts in this topic

I am growing these everywhere I can. You can even build a house from fungi. Sounds a bit way out, but I will be experimenting with this idea in the next few months. I think Paul's idea is well on the way to saving the planet. As long as Monsanto don't sabotage him.

If there’s anything you read – or share – let this be it. The content of this article has potential to radically shift the world in a variety of positive ways.

And as Monsanto would love for this article to not go viral, all we can ask is that you share, share, share the information being presented so that it can reach as many people as possible.

In 2006, a patent was granted to a man named Paul Stamets. Though Paul is the world’s leading mycologist, his patent has received very little attention and exposure. Why is that? Stated by executives in the pesticide industry, this patent represents “the most disruptive technology we have ever witnessed.” And when the executives say disruptive, they are referring to it being disruptive to the chemical pesticides industry.  

What has Paul discovered? The mycologist has figured out how to use mother nature’s own creations to keep insects from destroying crops. It’s what is being called SMART pesticides. These pesticides provide safe & nearly permanent solution for controlling over 200,000 species of insects – and all thanks to the ‘magic’ of mushrooms.

Paul does this by taking entomopathogenic Fungi (fungi that destroys insects) and morphs it so it does not produce spores. In turn, this actually attracts the insects who then eat and turn into fungi from the inside out!

http://right.is/food-and-farming/2016/04/he-holds-the-patent-that-could-destroy-monsanto-and-change-the-world-5246.html

Here is a link on building with fungi. http://motherboard.vice.com/read/the-house-that-spores-built

2 people like this

All it takes to build one of Phil Ross' fungal bricks is some organic matter, like agricultural waste or sawdust, and a tiny piece of mushroom. As the fungus consumes the nutrients in the sawdust, the fine threads of its mycelium wind into a solid block of cells, which can be formed into any shape so long as they remain alive. Put two living fungal bricks next to each other, and they will fuse together in an unbreakable bond within a matter of hours. Cure the material to stop the fungus' growth, et voilà: bulletproof mushroom slab.

That is so cool!

I'm out of likes...
:heartflowers:

1 person likes this

I'll let you know how I go making some of the bricks! My partner wants to try making a floor of mycelium in our getaway bush abode. Maybe breakfast of mushies on toast would always be at hand, lol snip, snip.

1 person likes this

Magic Mushrooms Hold the Key to truth as well. ???

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.