Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Isaac Newton's Lost Alchemy Recipe Found

3 posts in this topic

NOW THIS IS SOMETHING I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT! I wonder if we will get to study it. this interests me a lot!

Combine one part Fiery Dragon, some Doves of Diana, and at least seven Eagles of mercury, and what do you get? A key precursor to the Philosopher's stone, according to a rediscovered manuscript handwritten by legendary physicist Isaac Newton. Held in a private collection for decades, the 17th-century document is now in the hands of the Chemical Heritage Foundation, a non-profit based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The group bought the manuscript in February and is currently working on uploading digital images and transcriptions to an online database so more people can study Newton's take on the alchemical text.

The recipe cryptically details how to make "sophick mercury," a substance seen as a main ingredient for the Philosopher's stone. The stone in turn could supposedly change base metals like lead into precious ones like gold.

The document also underscores the fact that Newton -- a father of modern physics and co-discoverer of calculus -- was greatly influenced by alchemy and his collaborations with alchemists.

The newly uncovered recipe is no exception: Newton copied the strange text from manuscripts by the American-born George Starkey, a 17th-century alchemist better known under his romantic pen name Eireanus Philalethes ("the peaceful lover of truth").

As translated by modern scholars, Starkey's recipe for sophick mercury involves repeatedly distilling mercury and then heating it with gold. This process eventually produces an alloy with delicate, branch-like growths.

http://www.drudge.com/news/197477/isaac-newtons-lost-alchemy-recipe-found

Newton Schmootin Freemason. 

We FEers think he was an Illuminati baddie. Newtonian gravity, my Aunt Fannie!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.