Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Redlistvet

Preferred apocalypse?

14 posts in this topic

With the current popularity of the walking dead, the other thread talking about zombies and demons, and comments from people not wanting it to happen, got me thinking.

If you had to choose an apocalyptic disaster to live through, what would it be and why? Also on the flip side what kind of dooms day scenario don't you want to see (that scare you the most) and why?

Something world wide affecting, or at least something the affects the whole country and its population. Collapse of the governments type stuff, ie no help or support provided.

For me a Red Dawn or zombie apocalypse would be the easiest to live through. Here in the Pac NW there are areas of low population density plus the local terrain of the coastal mountains make a nice secluded place possible. Good clean water, good growing soil, lots of wild life and fish if you know what your doing.

A pandemic type event scares me the most. Capt tripps like sickness  (from the stand) or the ebola/rabies thing worries me.  I know there are ways to protect your self from different transmission vectors but one slip up trying to protect yourself, its over. 

What can you deal with or don't want to?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Preparation has a lot to do with it and being ready for it. That said I do not know what particular doom I would prefer...None really scare me, at my age I doubt I will live to see any major event but it could happen. A Red Dawn type deal would most likely be the best scenario at least you have an enemy you can see. As far as Zombies thats just Hollywood they don't exist.

Edited by MetaDoom

Alien Apocalypse = Return of the Annunaki
:snrmaajt:

I think that would be fascinating to witness.
Real of fake; it would be so interesting to see how people react.

Global super pandemic
:hspjpjcf:

I thought about this when Ebola was being hyped.
Rh negatives are resistant or immune to HIV and Ebola works in the same way I've read.
15% of the US and the UK population are Rh negative so not too many would make it save some of your own family.
You would have to watch the people you care about die and then dispose of the bodies by yourself.
Then what? You wouldn't want to scavenge in the cities because of all the rotting bodies.
Plus, how many people have dogs? There would packs of hungry, feral dogs all over.
Then it's just a waiting game until the nuclear power plants blow.
Death by radiation poisoning... alone.

1 person likes this

One word, "Biblical". best option and my highest survival chance.

3 people like this

15 hours ago, Last1oftheJedi said:

One word, "Biblical". best option and my highest survival chance.

Is it bad that I get excited at the thought seeing it play out?  I mean, what better proof could you ask for then to see it all happen in your lifetime?  

1 person likes this

Financial Armageddon. It would be bad but at least there would be a reset. Nuclear war, the Rapture, some deadly virus, aliens, not much chance of anything good coming from that.

My worst doom would be asteroids hitting all over the place at once. Fire and brimstone thing. 

My best hope of survival would be that all of the things I learned about ebola and flu treatment would enable me to survive just about any influenza/ebola/Marburg virus. And cure other people of it, too. I'm in an isolated area where sick people will not go.  They'd never get up this mountain on foot. I have perfect Feng Shui which is also something that Sun Tzu would be happy with. 

Zombies,  hands down.  It's the least likely,  but would have the clearest path to survival.  Who among you doesn't want to wreak total havoc with no repercussions?  Biblical is what's going to happen, can't avoid that. But the devil's in the details. 

https://youtu.be/ATRBMnEhEVI

Zombies would be the absolute worst. You all are nuts. If the world is going to end, I would prefer something that would at least let me f****n' sleep!

Besides, I know that in a zombie apocalypse, I would be the dude that wakes up to his son trying to eat him.

Could you even imagine? Carnage and gore everywhere you looked. Never a moment's relaxation. What if it mutated to birds or something stupid like mosquitoes?

Let alone if you did manage to live only to find your child a zombie and you had to put them down? What about your lover or best friend? Let's face it, in a zombie apocalypse, nearly everyone would die, and the ones that lived would have to worry for their lives until they got eaten (which they would, eventually). Crying baby trying to save/pass on humanity? Dead. Get caught up in sex with another survivor and lose focus for a second? Dead. Taking a shit? Dead. Sleeping? Dead. And not only dead, but EATEN!

Worst scenario E.V.E.R. I don't understand how you could possibly vote for that. Do you all just want to see blood splatters and entrails everywhere?

My vote is solar doom. Fry the shit out of the electrical grid.

:jimcarey:

I vote for an extreme Carrington Event.  Complete global short circuit of everything electronic. 

Of course, most of these scenarios I am seeing above would actually end in a nuclear wasteland. Hell, the US alone has 180+ functioning nuclear power plants (including a few not on the books) Do you really think anyone is going to go around securing the fuel rods during a Zombie Apocalypse, pandemic, or asteroid bombardment? The world would be screwed.

So, before all the nuclear power plants and other nuclear toys on this planet go critical, I would like to see a proper night sky again for a little while. Yup, extreme Carrington Event for me.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.