Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CNN: 'It's Time to Talk About Black Privilege'...How Wrong That Is

3 posts in this topic

The term “black privilege” is profoundly upsetting to liberals at CNN.com, as reporter John Blake tried to explain it on Thursday in an article titled "It's time to talk about black privilege."

"In America you can't even talk about whiteness," said Drew Domalick, who lives in Green Bay, Wisconsin. "If you try to embrace being white, you are portrayed as being a racist. If we had a White History Month, that would be viewed as a racist holiday."

Domalick isn't the only one who believes in black privilege. The term is being deployed in conservative circles as a rhetorical counterattack to the growing use of the term "white privilege."

It's part of a larger transformation: White is becoming the new black.

Google the phrase "black privilege," and one steps into a universe where whites struggle daily against the indignities heaped upon them because of their skin color.

The most furious lefties are the peddlers of “white privilege” shaming:

Count Peggy McIntosh as one of the angry. She is arguably more responsible for popularizing the concept of white privilege than anyone else. An activist and retired Wellesley College professor, her 1989 essay "White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack" has been widely reprinted and is now taught in many colleges. Her essay gives examples of what McIntosh calls white privilege ("I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed; If a traffic cop pulls me over ... I can be sure I haven't been singled out because of my race").

McIntosh scoffed at the idea of black privilege.

So, now we know who started all of this crap and it was wayyyy back in 1989!  

I actually learned something from Ms. McIntosh. 
I found out I don't have white privilege. Yippy for me!
# 46. I can chose blemish cover or bandages in "flesh" color and have them more or less match my skin.
Nope, I can't. It's next to impossible to find makeup the color of pink chalk; so ether Ms. McIntosh is full of it or makeup manufacturers are racist.
Because makeup manufacturers just want to sell product I'm going to go with Peggy is a progressive fool and she's a feminist so no surprise there.
Here's Peggy's full list on how to tell if you have "White Privilege" and she's also kind enough to offer one on how to tell if you have "Male Privilege".

African Americans are given a lot advantages.
I posted this in another thread a few days ago but it applies here too.

Reporting by the LA Times reveals that blacks and Hispanics receive bonus points on their SATs, while Asians instead get penalized points:
African Americans received a “bonus” of 230 points, [Anna] Lee says.
“Hispanics received a bonus of 185 points.”
Asian Americans, Lee says, are penalized by 50 points — in other words, they had to do that much better to win admission.

City Sets Mandatory Goals for Hiring Minority- and Women-Owned Subcontractors

In sweeping changes to Cincinnati’s contracting policies aimed at addressing discrimination, firms will have to hire a certain number of minority and women-owned businesses in order to get work with the city.
Council voted to allow the city to set mandatory goals that go into effect Jan. 1 requiring those with primary city contracts of $50,000 or more to ward certain percentages of their subcontracts to firms owned by white female and black-owned businesses. Those percentages, which can be updated and changed later, are:

Discrimination against Whites in Federal Employment

Though 10 percent of the U.S. civilian labor force, African-Americans are 18 percent of U.S. government workers. They are 25 percent of the employees at Treasury and Veterans Affairs, 31 percent of the State Department, 37 percent of Department of Education employees and 38 percent of Housing and Urban Development. They are 42 percent of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp., 55 percent of the employees at the Government Printing Office and 82 percent at the Court Services and Offender Supervision Agency.

When the Obama administration suggested shutting down Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the mortgage giants whose losses of $150 billion have had to be made up by taxpayers, The Washington Post warned, in a story headlined, “Winding Down Fannie and Freddie Could Put Minority Careers at Risk,” that 44 percent of Fannie employees and 50 percent of Freddie’s were persons of color.

Here's another example of Black Privilege.
Can you imagine how people would react to a group chanting "White Power" on the streets?

Counter-protest against anti-Muslim demonstration
Published on Apr 2, 2016
Supporters of a Nation of Islam mosque gather to protect the mosque and the community against the anti-Muslim demonstration by BAIR.

Who could have guessed that Africans would not play nice with Anglo Saxons?

The fact that race is even a thing after 50 years of the black privilege experiment speaks volumes about it's failure. Apparently, education isn't the answer.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.