Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Toxic additive BPA found in 2/3 of canned foods

7 posts in this topic

Endocrine-disrupting chemical Bisphenol-A was found in 67 percent of canned food products of top brands – including Campbell's and Del Monte – according to a new report. Some companies have since announced a phasing-out of the toxic chemical.

"Our findings were alarming," wrote the authors of the study, titled Buyer Beware. Of the 192 cans examined, 129 tested positive for BPA-based epoxy, though quantity levels were not included in the analysis. In addition, the study reported that "some retailers and brands have replaced BPA with PVC, made from vinyl chloride, a carcinogen."

https://www.rt.com/usa/338072-bpa-canned-foods-study/

So now they're phasing them out. In the meantime, keep eating BPA.  Where do they come up with these harmful materials and decide to use them in our food supply?  It says they're replacing BPA with PVC, made from vinyl chloride, a carcinogen.  which is made from vinyl chloride? BPA or PVC? That's a confusing statement, to me. 

1 person likes this

10 Worst Food Companies that are Poisoning You Daily and Lying About It

#5: Campbell’s Soup Company

Is it a prerequisite for success that all large food companies must actively lie to their customers? Campbell’s soup, forever emblazoned in our minds by Andy Warhol’s iconic prints, has been a staple in most American homes for decades. Unfortunately, Campbell’s has been sued for hiding the presence of GMOs and for labeling foods as low-sodium when they contain as much salt as regular products. The average cup of Campbell’s soup contains a staggering 850mg of sodium. Unless that’s your only major meal of the day, consuming it means you’re risking heart attacks, diabetes and high blood pressure.

Just as importantly, if not more so, is the fact that for many decades, Campbell’s has lined its epoxy-resin cans with the toxic chemical, bisphenol A (BPA). “BPA has been linked in lab studies to breast and prostate cancer, infertility, early puberty in girls, type-2 diabetes, obesity, and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder,” according to Breastcancerfund.org. Only recently did the company finally bow to pressure and phase BPA out of its production.

http://theantimedia.org/10-worst-food-companies-that-are-poisoning-you-daily-and-lying-about-it/
:sick:

I would rather eat a dandelion leaf off the side of the road with a bug on it.

I believe it has something to do with the lining of the can and tomatoes cause the lining to break down and leach into the product. I would not defend Campbells nor Del Monte in any universe but they do produce tomato products and should have passed on the new and "improved" cans. Of course, those of us than can at home always use glass and don't encounter such problems.

Glass is more expensive, heavier to ship but damn, it nearly lasts forever. In our house we have a "screw" jar and yes, it's a jar that keeps all manner of screws in one place. When my husband needs a screw I refer him to the jar. :chuckle:

2 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

I believe it has something to do with the lining of the can and tomatoes cause the lining to break down and leach into the product. I would not defend Campbells nor Del Monte in any universe but they do produce tomato products and should have passed on the new and "improved" cans. Of course, those of us than can at home always use glass and don't encounter such problems.

Glass is more expensive, heavier to ship but damn, it nearly lasts forever. In our house we have a "screw" jar and yes, it's a jar that keeps all manner of screws in one place. When my husband needs a screw I refer him to the jar. :chuckle:

I think a majority of the chemicals in food and drink come from the packaging myself. Plastics tend to be the worst.

The experiments you can do with coke alone on metals proves the effect it can have, and trust me if a liquid we drink has a strong cleaning action on metal then chances are we should not be drinking it.

1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

I think a majority of the chemicals in food and drink come from the packaging myself. Plastics tend to be the worst.

The experiments you can do with coke alone on metals proves the effect it can have, and trust me if a liquid we drink has a strong cleaning action on metal then chances are we should not be drinking it.

Yup, it's rather amazing that people still drink soda which is pure crap. We have a chain of stores here called "Big Lots" that buys closeout merchandise but also carries international food that is oftentimes labeled organic and imported from Denmark or Germany. It's rather exotic to us but I have a lot more faith in European labeling being a true GMO free product than what is produced domestically by lying corporations. Anyway, for those of us that read labels and boycott products from Turkey it's fun to find organic Blackcurrent jam from Denmark for 3 bucks and it actually tastes like fruit and not corn syrup.

11 minutes ago, YourMom2 said:

Yup, it's rather amazing that people still drink soda which is pure crap. We have a chain of stores here called "Big Lots" that buys closeout merchandise but also carries international food that is oftentimes labeled organic and imported from Denmark or Germany. It's rather exotic to us but I have a lot more faith in European labeling being a true GMO free product than what is produced domestically by lying corporations. Anyway, for those of us that read labels and boycott products from Turkey it's fun to find organic Blackcurrent jam from Denmark for 3 bucks and it actually tastes like fruit and not corn syrup.

I remember when i was young jams tasted like fruit. then at some point they just no longer do. Sure it goes much further than just jams though.

I do like me some fizzy drinks. but mostly i drink water now. But alas even that has fluoride in it.

6 hours ago, YourMom2 said:

yeah.. I don't drink soda.. just mainly water or I juice.. though a lot of water has such a high ppm

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.