Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Robert Baird

Psychology 101

15 posts in this topic

One of the most important aspects of what Hitler must have had encouragement or training in (like Tesla not far away) is early life dream and astral travel initiation. In Tesla's case his father was from a family of 'speakers' and priests who knew the techniques. It is very hard to unlearn what is beaten out of a person through social 'norming' and 'forming' (psychological modalities). From what little we know about both of their early lives - there definitely was a 'storming' stage in their relationship with their father. This stage almost always causes a 'trip' within.

Intellect and intelligence are seen in psychology as factual cognition or emotional feelings according to Wikipedia. I see their point and I think I would only agree if feelings are not integrated with a soul and they are only dealing in ego. Yes, words are tricky little buggers and concepts seldom apply wisdom over facts. What a fact is to one person is often anathema to another. When I apply the word anathema in this context I am not practicing black majik or some socially accepted religious connotation used to curse and ostracize or cause harm through excommunication by a Pope or Council of cretins. You can consider I am using the word as if it were 'abhorrent' to the individual confronted by facts in the same manner one of those councils thought Ivan Illich and his proof about education or other social institutions including their own were abhorrent.

But we still have words (in the west for certain) which are devoid of soul and this almost pre-empts wisdom or Gnosis before people even try to communicate. I wonder if the social media has a way to overcome this in 155 characters or less? BFF is all fluff and ego - for example, which does not mean people using the term are not exchanging genuine care, but usually it is a very different thing they are exchanging. I consider myself an able Empath with the goal of genuine cognition and true purpose in all interests except when having a joke. I may be an Illuminatus in the eyes of many.

I admit I have pursued Enlightenment all of my life, and I started this cognitive process in earnest intellectual processing before I attended school, due to a wise father who had returned from a maelstrom of extreme idiocy called World War. My older brothers had missed the input of a 'pixie mind' (My father Jim, called it.) during their early life formative growth which is so important but hey had a more rational mother than I did during these all important years. We had no TV most of the time and I would run to my father asking if I could go to bed and watch the TV in my brain or head. Yes, I am still not sure where one 'see's. Is it in the soul, the spirit, the mind or even just an intellectual process. Astral Travel is common to every person in dream state and a conscious remembrance of it can allow great wisdom to permeate one's life. In psychology it is called journaling, or portalling and many other things in between.

Thus I find a disconnect often occurs in web world where idiocy and ego reign supreme and criminal hatred is valued over intellectual discourses. People actually believe things like "Everyone has an opinion" or "Evolution is just a theory" entitles them to proselytize common indecencies from the depths of abject neuroses and religious indoctrination. Inalienable Rights are preventing political discourse and planning to allow human life to progress and we are facing extinction that is blamed on the elite who may also have elements who encourage these disconnects with reality. If schools taught soulful wisdom acquisition such as seen in a book called The Wonder Child by top psychological researchers - we might not need the coming wireless implants to overcome past extremist religious indoctrination or the connected Elohim and other scapegoats called angels, demons and aliens. However, I see no movement towards soulful teachings in the West. The inalienable right to "religious freedom" is so perverse and it is the other kind of anathema or should be.

"In those long ago days just after World War II, when reading Psychology at the University of London, it was constantly stressed that Intellect and Intelligence should not be seen as synonymous terms—even though their symbiotic relationship in consciousness must be recognized.

Intellect was seen to denote cognition—the rational mental processes that constitute ‘knowing’: the ability to identify and analyze, memorize, and categorize… the physical characteristics and implications of whatever thing or event is perceived by the senses, thus bringing one to comprehend the objective facts of the external situation. Intelligence, however, was regarded as a mental faculty in its own right—a function of consciousness taking one beyond the facts as such, to suggest meaning or purpose, and determine the course of action to be taken.

It is a level of consciousness that is triggered by the arousal of Feeling: the psychological phenomenon that accompanies every act of cognition—the ‘felt-thoughts’ that bring to mind one’s latent emotions and sensibilities that accompany not only every sensory experience of the external world... but also attend those moments when internally generated abstract ideas and thoughts take over consciousness. It is the way we feel, and the strength of feeling, that determines how we evaluate the facts of life and how we are driven to respond to them. ‘Feeling-attitudes’ motivate the actions we take: they may stir little or no interest or engage a questing curiosity; give rise to enthusiasms and passions demanding creative (intelligent) responses; or provoke apprehension, fear and a negative retreat.

Intellect (Fact) and Intelligence (Feeling) determine the existential course of one’s journey through life. Here is a relatively mundane illustration of how they work together:

You are about to step off the sidewalk and cross the road as a car is bearing down. You visually recognize it as such; register its color, size, make, estimate its speed, the distance between yourself and it, and the time factor involved in crossing safely to the other side: (Intellect—the Cognitive factor.) Immediately, a ’Feeling’ response sets in, allowing one to be confident, apprehensive, or even fearful about crossing the road (the Intelligence, or Affective factor). And the combination of these two modes of consciousness will determine the nature of your actions: whether you stand still, stroll across the street, hurry across, or run like a scalded cat (the Action of Conation factor).

You could take this mundane illustration as a simplistic analogy for Life itself. A life dominated by Intellect, given to living by Facts alone, is a pretty limited kind of existence. To live devoid of Feeling is to go through life permanently bemused—wandering… with little drive as to direction or purpose.

Seeing is believing, but feeling’s the naked truth. - John Ray, English Proverb

(I must make a short qualification here with regard to the psychological inferences implied by the term ‘Feeling’. It is generally understood that Feeling develops at two levels. Children—say up to the age of five—release feelings as spontaneous expressions of emotion at any given moment, depending on the particular situation in which they find themselves. But as they grow up, such random emotional responses tend to become more ordered, consolidated into predictable emotional ‘attitudes’ to life’s events, forming the basis of individual judgment and action, and are then described as Sentiments—and as such form the basis of the adult individual’s personality.)"

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-consciousness-question/201205/intellect-and-intelligence

1 minute ago, grav said:

You talk a lot.

That's called intellectual discourse dummy. Didn't you get the compendium? Sheesh.

1 person likes this

So Hitler was trying to find a way to remove the soul or fellings of a person to make a better soldier/slave?

Where as Tesla was trying to use words or frequencies to achieve a higher plane/knowledge?

Or are you trying to correlate how the current ego boosting explosion of facebook, twitter, blah blah blah, is just a continuation of the the previously mentioned men were doing.

I get what your saying but, why?

13 minutes ago, Brio said:

That's called intellectual discourse dummy. Didn't you get the compendium? Sheesh.

Now you just cut that out, Brio! You caught me flat-footed a while ago. Huh uh, not again. No way. I see your little game. My compendium musta got lost in the mail. :laugh:

ooh, now I'm being called a troglodyte and a dodo. :roflmao:

There's your intellectual giant right there, lololol. 

1 person likes this

I gotta go with Grav on this. Too many words just complicate everything. Simplicity, Da Vinci. etc.

While i thought the info you shared was very interesting and informative, I enjoyed reading it.

Ending your post like that just ruined the image that your trying to portray.

But i did laugh at the ancient fuedal troglodyte part. Nice way of showing your Shakespearean wilted cabbage leaf style of insults.

Ps. I dont belive in the FE theory, so dont think im trying to protect Grav. 

45 minutes ago, grav said:

You talk a lot.

Some people can talk for hours,  yet never say anything.  Ever ask someone how they were doing and 30 minutes later were sorry for it?

2 people like this

17 minutes ago, octopus prime said:

Some people can talk for hours,  yet never say anything.  Ever ask someone how they were doing and 30 minutes later were sorry for it?

huh? You know my sister-in-law? Like Robert Baird, she is an expert on everything. She's a genius! But I must be intelligent too, according to Socrates. He said so!

"I know that I am intelligent, because I know that I know nothing." 

1 person likes this

It's funny how the path to enlightenment is littered with intellectuals with little practical experience but have read about it in a book.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Robert Baird said:

It is very hard to unlearn what is beaten out of a person through social 'norming' and 'forming' (psychological modalities).

Edited by Lucy Barnable
I messed up the quote. I'll start again.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.