Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lilly

More bad news for the bees (and us)

14 posts in this topic

OMG!  I saw this earlier while surfing the webz,  yeah,  were in even deeper shit now. :JSfrXsb:

Edited by Full Throttle

Did you see how that Bayer f**k twisted the data to try and make it look good? What a moron.

Did you see how that Bayer f**k twisted the data to try and make it look good? What a moron.

Yeah,  She's a dumbass. :yah:

Edited by Full Throttle

Honeybees are a European species that fruit growers and honey producers need.

Our native bumblebees and other pollinators are dying out too, thanks to mosquito spraying and tons and tons of other pesticides. Fungicides may be the worst killers.

Also, habitat loss from industrial agriculture and the obsession with manicured lawns. I'm one of the lazy gardeners who lets wildflowers grow almost everywhere. I mow around the clover and other bee pantries.  People are scared of bees now. Dumbasses. 

poster2011-small.jpg

1 person likes this

Cellphone towers.

I heard somebody tell me this years ago and always thought that made the most sense for some reason. Somehow the towers are interfering with how the bees communicate, no longer able to operate as a hive. That same person told me that the increase in whales beaching themselves... Military sonar. Stronger and stronger sonar is being built all the time, could it be so strong as to literally drive the animals out of the water? 

1 person likes this

​Yep.
"Dick Rogers, chief beekeeper for pesticide-maker Bayer, said the loss figure is "not unusual at all" and said the survey shows an end result of more colonies now than before: 2.74 million hives in 2015, up from 2.64 million in 2014."

Over 40% of bees dead in the last year is a really big deal!

Cellphone towers.

I heard somebody tell me this years ago and always thought that made the most sense for some reason. Somehow the towers are interfering with how the bees communicate, no longer able to operate as a hive. That same person told me that the increase in whales beaching themselves... Military sonar. Stronger and stronger sonar is being built all the time, could it be so strong as to literally drive the animals out of the water? 

hmm, makes sense.

It probable affects us too, on some frequency that scrambles our brain wiring or something.

Is there a map of all the cell towers? They are probably concentrated near cities. Maybe bees in rural areas are less affected, like where I live and where wi-fi is not available. I don't see wild bees like I used to. In one year I saw 2 swarms fly across my yard. I heard them in the trees after they made new hives, but haven't in the past few years.. But I have seen more fireflies this spring.

On 5/13/2015, 4:38:36, grav said:

hmm, makes sense.

It probable affects us too, on some frequency that scrambles our brain wiring or something.

Is there a map of all the cell towers? They are probably concentrated near cities. Maybe bees in rural areas are less affected, like where I live and where wi-fi is not available. I don't see wild bees like I used to. In one year I saw 2 swarms fly across my yard. I heard them in the trees after they made new hives, but haven't in the past few years.. But I have seen more fireflies this spring.

Yes there is.

http://geoawesomeness.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Picture-3-300x161.png

You can search for the ones near you here:
http://www.cellreception.com/towers/

Excellent! I'm miles from any tower. 

Thanks for the good news, Lucy.  :a9jDaFH:

​You're welcome. 
I noticed the few bees I've seen this spring don't look so good.
They're crawling on the ground slowly rather than flying around.
The yellow jackets seem fine though... :1XqXnoz:

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.