Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigRed

Deadly Chemo-Drug Costs 4,000x More Than Gold

10 posts in this topic

One of the oldest marketing tricks in the book is to dramatically overprice something in order to increase its perceived value. Ironically, the less intrinsic value the commodity holds, the more effective such a tactic can be. This could explain what’s going on with one of the highest priced and most useless chemotherapy drugs on the market today.

The chemotherapy agent is known as ipilimumab (trade name YERVOY®), and costs about $120,000 for a full course of treatment. While the manufacturer advertises YERVOY® as providing tangible hope to those with non-resectable or metastatic melanoma, it also boldly warns on its website that the effects of this drug can be quite deadly:

What are the serious side effects of YERVOY?

YERVOY can cause serious side effects in many parts of the body which can lead to death. The serious side effects of YERVOY may include intestinal problems (colitis) that can cause tears or holes (perforation) in the intestines; liver problems (hepatitis) that can lead to liver failure; skin problems that can lead to severe skin reaction; nerve problems that can lead to paralysis; hormone gland problems (especially the pituitary, adrenal, and thyroid glands); and eye problems.”

A 2015 report in the Journal of Clinical Oncology found that 85% of patients receiving ipilimumab had immune related adverse effects, with 35% requiring systematic corticoidsteroids and 10% anti-tumor necrosis alpha therapy, ostensibly to try to save them from the deleterious effects of the original treatment of ipilimumab. The estimated median time to treatment failure (defined as either the time to new treatment or death) was only 5.7 months.

How could a presumably “immune enhancing” drug that causes the majority to experience severe immune-related adverse effects including death be advertised to imply that it will confer the possibility of “long-term survival”?

On Bristol-Myers Squibb’s website for YERVOY® the advertising copy reads:

Who wouldn’t want the possibility of long-term survival?

You want more than hope. With YERVOY® (ipilimumab), you have evidence.”

What “evidence” supporting YERVOY’s® life-saving power are they referring to? First, let’s look at what ipilmumab actually is.

http://right.is/conservative-opinion/2016/03/deadly-chemo-drug-costs-4000x-more-than-gold-4189.html

A more recent 2015 study published in the American Journal of Clinical Oncology found that ipilmumab produced no increases in survival when added to radiotherapy for melanoma brain metastasis patients, further adding to the evidence against the manufacturer’s claims the drug has been proven to do anything of value for those suffering from cancer.

Not only doesn't help but harms patients to the point of more cost for treating the damage it does. These franken drugs ... I can't believe people hope for some benefit from them.

1 person likes this

Yes, it is all just part of the big scheme to make money from the masses, at the same time as culling us. Plenty of natural cures for cancer are available if people are brave enough to shun the system.

1 person likes this

read learned protocols of the elders of zion.

states clearly these ill causing drugs are on purpose

When I was diagnosed with metastasized melanoma I was sent to an oncologist who pushed interferon heavily.
He said without it my five year survival rate was only 20% and I was too young to die. If wanted to live I should take it.
It's given daily at the hospital in a drip for the first month and then you shoot yourself up with it for eleven more months.
My out of pocket cost would have been around $55,000 for that drug. Plus the side effects required more drugs to manage.
I refused to take it of course. They stopped offering it two years later because it was proven to have no benefit whatsoever.
The cancer industry is a scam. They prey on fear; they manipulate your emotions to get you to willingly harm yourself.

12 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

When I was diagnosed with metastasized melanoma I was sent to an oncologist who pushed interferon heavily.
He said without it my five year survival rate was only 20% and I was too young to die. If wanted to live I should take it.
It's given daily at the hospital in a drip for the first month and then you shoot yourself up with it for eleven more months.
My out of pocket cost would have been around $55,000 for that drug. Plus the side effects required more drugs to manage.
I refused to take it of course. They stopped offering it two years later because it was proven to have no benefit whatsoever.
The cancer industry is a scam. They prey on fear; they manipulate your emotions to get you to willingly harm yourself.

TRUTH^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 person likes this

15 minutes ago, daersoulkeeper said:

TRUTH^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

That oncologist was so messed up.
He tried over and over again to make me upset.
He kept saying most people cry and I don't think you understand how serious this is.
By the time you feel pain it's already too late. One day you'll feel fine and next day you could die.
DIE. Do you understand without this drug you will most likely die? You're too young to die. DIE.
I walked out and never went back. Oh, and I told him I wasn't paying for the office visit either.

2 people like this

15 hours ago, Lucy Barnable said:

That oncologist was so messed up.
He tried over and over again to make me upset.
He kept saying most people cry and I don't think you understand how serious this is.
By the time you feel pain it's already too late. One day you'll feel fine and next day you could die.
DIE. Do you understand without this drug you will most likely die? You're too young to die. DIE.
I walked out and never went back. Oh, and I told him I wasn't paying for the office visit either.

Wow. Bravo indeed. My sister lost her husband 3 years ago, he did the chemo thing, didn't work. He also said before he died that if he could go back, he'd never have done it, that it destroyed the time he had left. I believe those that do survive do so despite the treatment not because of.

2 people like this

Yes I think most who survive do so despite the treatment. I know of many who have gone on to lead good lives by changing their lifestyles and using alternative methods to treat their cancers, and have never used chemo or radiation, or if they did, they quickly stopped it.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.