Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cinnamon

Thousands Pledge to Get Arrested in D.C. Protests Next Month

27 posts in this topic

The leaders of Democracy Spring, a coalition of far-left groups plotting a mass civil disobedience movement to begin next month, told Breitbart News they have already confirmed 2,912 protesters who pledged specifically to risk arrest.

Those protesters signed an option on the coalition’s website explicitly stating, “I pledge to be one among thousands who will risk arrest to save democracy in DC between April 11 – 16.”

Other pledge options for protests include:

*I pledge to come to Washington DC to support the sit in through legal protest but cannot risk arrest.

*I want to join the march from Philadelphia to Washington DC, sometime between April 2 – 11.

*I want to volunteer to help organize this campaign.

Kai Newkirk, Democracy Spring’s campaign director, explained that his team called each of the 2,912 protesters pledging to risk arrest and spent about twenty minutes on the phone expounding on the movement’s goals as well as helping to coordinate travel and logistics.

“People are coming from Montana, Seattle, and other states around the country,” Newkirk told Breitbart News in a phone interview. “They are driving, taking buses, flying, because there are so many people from across the political spectrum that are just tired of the status quo of a democracy that works for the super rich and not for the everyday American. They want to take this stand to say enough.”

Newkirk said he is “confident” that “if Congress doesn’t respond to our demands and they would rather send people to jail, then it will be the largest civil disobedience of the century.”

“We are committed to non-violence,” he stressed. “That is the principle of our campaign.”

<snip>

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/03/24/thousands-pledge-to-get-arrested-in-d-c-protests-next-month/

THIS IS NOT A DAMN DEMOCRACY, IT'S A REPUBLIC! YES, I AM YELLING AT THESE PEOPLE, they are STUPID because they are lying to themselves about the type of government we have here.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While 545 on lookers sitting in the Capitol buildings snear and laugh, because they haven't been put in the brig yet.  Do Capitol police ignore representatives and senators if they commit crimes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These idiots truly have no idea of what their protesting for. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

The leaders of Democracy Spring, a coalition of far-left groups plotting a mass civil disobedience movement to begin next month, told Breitbart News they have already confirmed 2,912 protesters who pledged specifically to risk arrest.

Those protesters signed an option on the coalition’s website explicitly stating, “I pledge to be one among thousands who will risk arrest to save democracy in DC between April 11 – 16.”

Other pledge options for protests include:

*I pledge to come to Washington DC to support the sit in through legal protest but cannot risk arrest.

*I want to join the march from Philadelphia to Washington DC, sometime between April 2 – 11.

*I want to volunteer to help organize this campaign.

Kai Newkirk, Democracy Spring’s campaign director, explained that his team called each of the 2,912 protesters pledging to risk arrest and spent about twenty minutes on the phone expounding on the movement’s goals as well as helping to coordinate travel and logistics.

“People are coming from Montana, Seattle, and other states around the country,” Newkirk told Breitbart News in a phone interview. “They are driving, taking buses, flying, because there are so many people from across the political spectrum that are just tired of the status quo of a democracy that works for the super rich and not for the everyday American. They want to take this stand to say enough.”

Newkirk said he is “confident” that “if Congress doesn’t respond to our demands and they would rather send people to jail, then it will be the largest civil disobedience of the century.”

“We are committed to non-violence,” he stressed. “That is the principle of our campaign.”

<snip>

http://www.godlikeproductions.com/forum1/message3128551/pg1

THIS IS NOT A DAMN DEMOCRACY, IT'S A REPUBLIC! YES, I AM YELLING AT THESE PEOPLE, they are STUPID because they are lying to themselves about the type of government we have here.  

We actually have a Democratic Republic as our form of government as our Representatives are elected by majority vote. 

Why are you sidestepping the entire reason for the Democracy Spring's drive to keep money out of politics by focusing on word games?

Do you favor the influence of corporate money in politics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Frankenstein said:

We actually have a Democratic Republic as our form of government as our Representatives are elected by majority vote. 

Why are you sidestepping the entire reason for the Democracy Spring's drive to keep money out of politics by focusing on word games?

Do you favor the influence of corporate money in politics?

I don't think that has a thing to do with their demon spring. Their main argument is to keep trump out if office so they can get their freebies. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Groove said:

I don't think that has a thing to do with their demon spring. Their main argument is to keep trump out if office so they can get their freebies. 

Our current system of government is a joke anything Trump does will clear the air (not the Ozone/global warming bs), and lead us to recovery.  I do get tired of people snubbing their nose at me, when my taxes paid for their freebees.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frankenstein said:

We actually have a Democratic Republic as our form of government as our Representatives are elected by majority vote. 

Why are you sidestepping the entire reason for the Democracy Spring's drive to keep money out of politics by focusing on word games?

Do you favor the influence of corporate money in politics?

Actually, the USA is a Constitutionally restrained, democratically elected Republic (except for the presidency which is appointed by the Electoral College) but that is where the "democracy" ends.

That being said, I have no issues with people using their right to redress congress with a list of grievances. 

However, after looking at the organizations that are endorsing the protest, I must question the real motivations behind it.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Groove said:

I don't think that has a thing to do with their demon spring. Their main argument is to keep trump out if office so they can get their freebies. 

You obviously know nothing of why they are protesting then.  If you go to the website for the event you will plainly see that their main issue is money in politics.

Freebies!  LOL, the only people who want freebies are dumb conservatives who think they are entitled to a job with no real competition.  That's why conservatives are afraid of immigrants, they don't want to have to work for a job.  Conservatives are also afraid of religions other than their own because they know once people see how much better other religions are they won't want anything to do with that crappy Christianity. 

It's easy to sell conservative lies when you can keep out the competition, but oh the times are a changing, and your culture just doesn't have what it takes to be a part of the world's future.  Get over it.  That which doesn't adapt doesn't survive, and nature has judged conservative ideas to be unworthy of survival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Frankenstein said:

You obviously know nothing of why they are protesting then.  If you go to the website for the event you will plainly see that their main issue is money in politics.

Freebies!  LOL, the only people who want freebies are dumb conservatives who think they are entitled to a job with no real competition.  That's why conservatives are afraid of immigrants, they don't want to have to work for a job.  Conservatives are also afraid of religions other than their own because they know once people see how much better other religions are they won't want anything to do with that crappy Christianity. 

It's easy to sell conservative lies when you can keep out the competition, but oh the times are a changing, and your culture just doesn't have what it takes to be a part of the world's future.  Get over it.  That which doesn't adapt doesn't survive, and nature has judged conservative ideas to be unworthy of survival.

Humans evolved from monkeys, because monkeys were so much more superior than humans.  Don't you see the resemblence?  They swing from tree to tree and sit around and eat a whole bunch of free bananas. 

Anyhow, a blind folded monkey throwing darts at a dart board can sometimes make better decisions than some management. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Frankenstein said:

We actually have a Democratic Republic as our form of government as our Representatives are elected by majority vote. 

Why are you sidestepping the entire reason for the Democracy Spring's drive to keep money out of politics by focusing on word games?

Do you favor the influence of corporate money in politics?

https://www.creators.com/read/diane-dimond/12/14/-a-republic-or-a-democracy-lets-get-this-straight-

No we don't it's a FEDERAL  REPUBLIC.  I know you won't read that link I put up. We are not under mob rule yet. But if you had your way we would be. 

Do you favor corporatism? You must since you want nazicommie HillBill in office. She's the queen of Corporatism and so is Billy Bob. 

In your other post you took the opportunity to pretend that conservative people are dumb and don't want to work to have a job. Well, one thing I will say for that, people who resort to name calling are likely calling you what they are.  And your little poke in the eye at Christians has nothing to do with marching to the tune of Soros and other corporate money.  You can also continue to pretend that illegal aliens are a good thing, but they're not.  They are not the best and the brightest, that's for damn sure. 

It's looking a lot like Trump might be the next president, so perhaps you will be the one that needs to "get over it". Time will tell. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, counterintelligence said:

Our current system of government is a joke anything Trump does will clear the air (not the Ozone/global warming bs), and lead us to recovery.  I do get tired of people snubbing their nose at me, when my taxes paid for their freebees.

No I agree with you. Socialism only works on small levels not nation wide. And trump being a successful business man however you look at his record I think he could help to start straightening the economy out. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.