Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
CSB

Did a Chilling 1981 Movie Scene Predict Our Current Doom?

3 posts in this topic

Did a Chilling 1981 Movie Scene Predict Our Current Doom?

A scene from the 1981 movie, My dinner with Andre, is stirring up some social media due to the following scene which has one of the main characters explaining how the world is making us all both prisoners and guards. In essence, it claims we are building our own prison camps willingly. This sends chills down my spine . It simply hits too close to home . Governments have been controlling us for a couple of decades at least . They use the news media as their voice to persuade. They use reality TV as their sedative to put us to sleep. We are no longer awake. We stopped paying attention. And we’ve now become prisoners and guards, we’ve built our own camps. And now we can hardly escape them .

1 person likes this

Watching the full movie now.

I watched this years ago and found it really boring. Today, I find it to be a philosophical masterpiece.

I think it's the exaggerated worship of science that has led us into this situation. Science has been held up to us as a magical force on how to solve everything but it's done quite the contrary, it's destroyed everything.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.