Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brio

Windows 10 rollout: Unwary small firms complain of unwanted upgrades

4 posts in this topic

Tech support firms are reporting that rising numbers of small and medium-sized businesses are complaining about unwanted upgrades to Windows 10.

Microsoft's goal of getting one billion devices running Windows 10 by 2018 has seen it adopt increasingly aggressive tactics to get people to switch from earlier versions of Windows.

These methods include messages telling Windows 7 and 8 users to upgrade, which have been criticised for making it appear like there is no opt out, and plans for Windows 10 to begin automatically installing on most Windows 7 and 8.1 machines.

Most recently there have been complaints from users about upgrades to Windows 10 automatically initiating.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-rollout-unwary-small-firms-complain-of-unwanted-upgrades/

Sorta reminds me of smart metres. You have no choice and then you get the bill.

Posted (edited)

disable updates, but new/used pc, install diff os, win

Edited by rbear
/+used

Pretty aggressive behavior from MS, hell-bent on getting win 10 on everyone's computers whether they want it or not. Why?

I cling to my win XP.

2 hours ago, Brio said:

Pretty aggressive behavior from MS, hell-bent on getting win 10 on everyone's computers whether they want it or not. Why?

I cling to my win XP.

Windows XP doesn't try to install Windows 10!

But if you've even seen a Windows Server xxxxx, you can see there's much more misery than just what the desktop user goes through.  Active Dictatorship is a real nightmare!

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.