Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lucy Barnable

Prosecutor: No charges for officer in Tony Robinson case

7 posts in this topic

Officer Matt Kenny of the Madison Police Department will not face charges in the March shooting death of 19-year-old Tony Robinson, a biracial man who was unarmed when he was shot by police.

"I conclude that this tragic and unfortunate death was the result of a lawful use of deadly police force and that no charges should be brought against Officer Kenny in the death of Tony Robinson Jr.," Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne said Tuesday.

"I am concerned that recent violence around our nation is giving some in our communities a justification for fear, hatred and violence," Ozanne said. "I am reminded that true and lasting change does not come from violence, but from exercising our voices and our votes. The Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. said, 'Violence brings only temporary change. Violence, by creating many more social problems than it solves, never brings permanent peace.' "

Before announcing his highly-anticipated decision, Ozanne noted his background as the first district attorney of color in the state, then detailed the evidence that led him to the conclusion that Kenny should not be charged.

"My decision will not bring Tony Robinson Jr. back," Ozanne told reporters. "My decision will not end the racial disparities that exist in the justice system, in our justice system. My decision is not based on emotion. Rather, this decision is based on the facts as they have been investigated and reported to me."

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/12/us/tony-robinson-madison-killing-investigation/

Riots in Wisconsin this weekend?

Pushin for a race war hard.  I mean,  its like they need to almost just come out and say it plainly. 

On 5/12/2015, 3:02:19, Full Throttle said:

Pushin for a race war hard.  I mean,  its like they need to almost just come out and say it plainly. 

They are trying so hard. Did you see this:

University of Colorado tries to fight racism with racism

A new program at the University of Colorado is spreading racist language on campus -- on purpose. The goal is to make it disappear.

"We want students to be uncomfortable," said senior Judewon Kebede, who helped create signs posted on campus attacking people on race, religion and sexual identity.

One reads: "Your mom must be the janitor 'cause that's the only job for dirty Mexicans." Another assumes an Arab student must be a suicide bomber.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/university-of-colorado-tries-to-fight-racism-with-racism/

The problem they're having getting the violence they want is that the majority of Americans are not racist.
But they're trying hard to convince us we are and sadly, in a few cases, they're succeeding.

Seven shots fired?!?  So the story is such and such, after the police officer and his buddies had how long to concoct a good story?  So he fires seven times because Robinson is still coming after him and swinging?  Well how far away was he?  Was he stumbling as he came after the officer?    After firing once, why not retreat a certain distance?  Because the police don't teach that.  Such a krock!  The Madison police are no doubt congratulating the officer for this kill.  Just as easy as shooting a deer. Except the cops probably value the life of a deer more than a man of color. Yeah, the cop has been watching the news.  He knew he should do CPR.  What good does that do when you shot this unarmed man SEVEN times.  Would the officer have a shot a white man in this situation seven times?  I think not.

Seven shots fired?!?  So the story is such and such, after the police officer and his buddies had how long to concoct a good story?  So he fires seven times because Robinson is still coming after him and swinging?  Well how far away was he?  Was he stumbling as he came after the officer?    After firing once, why not retreat a certain distance?  Because the police don't teach that.  Such a krock!  The Madison police are no doubt congratulating the officer for this kill.  Just as easy as shooting a deer. Except the cops probably value the life of a deer more than a man of color. Yeah, the cop has been watching the news.  He knew he should do CPR.  What good does that do when you shot this unarmed man SEVEN times.  Would the officer have a shot a white man in this situation seven times?  I think not.

​Why yes, they would have shot a white man in this situation. Tony Robinson was half white btw.

Study: More Whites Killed By Police Than Blacks

Author and Nobel Prize winner Toni Morrison caused controversy when she said recently she wants to see a police officer shoot an unarmed white teenager in the back. Only then will she agree that the conversation about race is over. But Morrison’s wish is already a reality.
“This is the conversation. I want to see a cop shoot a white unarmed teenager in the back,” said Ms. Morrison. “And I want to see a white man convicted for raping a black woman. Then when you ask me, ‘Is it over?’, I will say yes.”
-----
Peter Moskos, an assistant professor at New York City University’s John Jay College of Criminal Justice, has concluded that during the period ranging from May 2013 to April of 2015 roughly 49% of those killed by LEOs were white, while only 30% were black.
-----
“Adjusted for the homicide rate, whites are 1.7 times more likely than blacks die at the hands of police,” Moskos said. “Adjusted for the racial disparity at which police are feloniously killed, whites are 1.3 times more likely than blacks to die at the hands of police.”

http://www.thefederalistpapers.org/us/study-more-whites-killed-by-police-than-blacks

Cops are MORE hesitant to shoot armed black suspects than whites, study finds

Participants in a new study of the use of police deadly force were more willing pull the trigger on armed white suspects than on blacks, researchers have found.

The surprising results challenge previous findings about racial bias - and, one the researchers says, helps combat the stereotype that cops are more eager to open fire on black suspects.

The authors of the study say the reaction delay is because officers fear that there will be greater repercussions from shooting a black suspect than a white one.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2899381/Cops-hesitant-shoot-armed-black-suspects-whites-study-finds.html#ixzz3ZyJYUklj  

Dashcam Footage Of Tony Robinson Shooting Released, Officer Won't Be Charged! R.I.P. Tony Robinson

I think they'll keep this in the news all week in the hope of riots by the weekend.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.