Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Ukshep

Secession, Trump, and the Avoidability of Civil War

8 posts in this topic

The Governor of California has joked about building a wall all the way around his state if Donald Trump becomes president of the other 49. Secession would not be a joke had it not been given an undeserved bad name. It would not have that bad name but for our universal acceptance of imperialism and of an overly simplistic history of the U.S. Civil War.

Slavery in the U.S. South was widespread through World War II, Jim Crow through the 1960s, mass incarceration through the current day, and bitterness over the Civil War for the foreseeable future. Had the U.S. avoided civil war through a compromise that restricted slavery to existing slave states, or even through a compromise that allowed its possible expansion, or through simply allowing states to secede without war, the net result might have been good or bad. A few things are certain. The bitterness over the war would not exist, the 700,000 killed and many more injured and the incredible destruction of burned cities and fields would not have happened, and war would not have been glorified during the childhoods of the generation that would launch global U.S. imperialism at the dawn of the 20th century.

Very likely, in addition, slavery would have ended more quickly and more thoroughly than it did. Of course, that cannot be stated with certainty. But a nation half-slave, half-free that sought to work through problems without war would have very likely ended slavery through some form of compensated emancipation fairly quickly, bringing up the rear in a global process of liberation. Two or more smaller nations that sought to avoid war would have very likely also put an end to slavery in the one or more nations maintaining it, in part because of international and economic forces and the absence of a fugitive slave law, but also because smaller nations, all else equal, have an easier time achieving democracy. If we had smaller nations on this continent now, or if we were to choose to in the future, we would see the ability of people to bring popular pressure to bear on the governments soar.

Of course, it’s anything but an easy moral question whether 4 million people should be left enslaved another moment, or whether a nation should launch a war that might benefit them, though in the end it actually brought very limited and short-lived gains along with 700,000 killed and numerous disastrous results for decades to come. Not only are the results known only after the war, but the moral question has been invented after the war. Many in the North did not want a war to free slaves. A draft had to finally be created, as in the South as well, to compel people to kill and die. And those in power in Washington, including President-elect Lincoln, did not want war to free the slaves, only to prevent the expansion of slavery westward. When the South would not agree to restricting slavery to its current boundaries, Northern decision makers chose to launch a war over “union” — preferring slaughter to permitting the South, or some part of it, to leave.

I really suggest you give the rest a read!

Source: http://www.thedailysheeple.com/secession-trump-and-the-avoidability-of-civil-war_032016

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many of our cities were once forts, surrounded by walls to keep out invaders. We mistakenly thought we had moved on from those kinds of threats on the ground level of spear chuckers and flaming arrows. I'm in favor of succession especially in Texas but they can't just get enough steam behind it.

We do need some walled in areas (inland, not beautiful coastline) for those that are enamored of socialist paradises. All the free-shit people can live in it until they starve themselves to death. Then we can bury the hatchet once and for all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cali can leave the union all it wants. I haven't seen it as part of the real US for a while since the most liberal laws and suggestions of laws come from there that are completely against the constitution and bill of rights. Also id have to fact check half that article. Some of that history he speaks of sounds contrived. As for the wall that may not be the best but also telling border patrol to stand down isn't the best idea either and that precisely what's been done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2016 at 5:50 PM, YourMom2 said:

. I'm in favor of succession especially in Texas but they can't just get enough steam behind it.

 

This election just might provide the steam we need in Texas!

 

And we are going to get all those Mexicans who have crossed the border to fight along side with us. We will make them citizens of the great Nation of Texas.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The governor of Cali was ousted once in a recall election and I have NO idea how he got back into office. Idiots!  He's joking about building a wall all the way around the state? That will never happen because they are loving their illegals here and that funny wall of his would stop them from coming in, too.  Freaking liberals are not only brain dead, they are self destructive which means in mass, they are destructive to everyone else.  I used to not pay a whole lot of attention to their warped way of thinking but the more it affects my life, the more I am paying attention.  I didn't used to feel hateful toward them either, but they have gone too far. If Clinton gets into office, we are so done. But the libs will cheer if for no other reason than they won an election. To hell with quality of life. Everything's going to be FREE FREE FREE... until working people run out of money to give it to them. What will they do then? Shrugs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

The governor of Cali was ousted once in a recall election and I have NO idea how he got back into office. Idiots!  He's joking about building a wall all the way around the state? That will never happen because they are loving their illegals here and that funny wall of his would stop them from coming in, too.  Freaking liberals are not only brain dead, they are self destructive which means in mass, they are destructive to everyone else.  I used to not pay a whole lot of attention to their warped way of thinking but the more it affects my life, the more I am paying attention.  I didn't used to feel hateful toward them either, but they have gone too far. If Clinton gets into office, we are so done. But the libs will cheer if for no other reason than they won an election. To hell with quality of life. Everything's going to be FREE FREE FREE... until working people run out of money to give it to them. What will they do then? Shrugs. 

I can't contact a representative from another state than my own, but what those representatives do certainly have an effect on my life.

How do you insult a liberal?  Use your own brain...

I think it's cheaper to dynamite the san andreas fault and cut california loose and push it out into the ocean. 

They were going to try to build a wall down in tornado alley to prevent tornadoes from ... anyways that's a laugh...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, counterintelligence said:

I can't contact a representative from another state than my own, but what those representatives do certainly have an effect on my life.

How do you insult a liberal?  Use your own brain...

I think it's cheaper to dynamite the san andreas fault and cut california loose and push it out into the ocean. 

They were going to try to build a wall down in tornado alley to prevent tornadoes from ... anyways that's a laugh...

 

LOL I've actually called reps from other states. They probably didn't listen to me but I still told them what I thought about what their rep was doing. 

Let me know if the fault is getting blown so I can get out of here first and tell all my conservative friends! There are a lot of us (we live in the outlying areas big country) but the cities and their superpacs control our elections here! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead


Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.